Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 24/03/2017 at 01:15, Jattdogg said:

Switch it up. You could be mistaken for a gringo mexican drug runner and be assassinated. 

I went to antigua for my honeymoon and it was awesome. Costly compared to mexico but then again if you don't go that part of the world often  then go big!

Where about's you stay, we spent a week in Antigua and a week in st.lucia for our honeymoon, Antigua was deffo my fave and i'd love to go back, but with 2 kids now it's a distant dream at the minute.

8 hours ago, The soup nazi said:

All great places but San Diego is the one I'd go back to tomorow. Class city, everything about the place was amazing 

Cheers for that, any recommendations for San Diego, it will be my first time there......... been Vegas and LA loads of times

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Where about's you stay, we spent a week in Antigua and a week in st.lucia for our honeymoon, Antigua was deffo my fave and i'd love to go back, but with 2 kids now it's a distant dream at the minute.

We stayed at the sandals resort. Was very nice back then and food was good. Where did you stay in antigua? Wouldnt mind going to another  part of the lsland.

Pineapple Beach Club, I think it's now owned by the sandals group, was an occidental hotel in 2007, **** I've been married 10 years this year, where does time go lol 

On the Atlantic side of the island but in a small bay, think it's called long bay, so is sheltered from the actual ocean, I would love to go back, if purely for the Chicken and Ribs at the outhouse on the cliff, however it is a bit isolated so if you want to head to st.johns, English Harbour etc it's a taxi ride.

But a beautiful place if you're one for lazing about, chilling, and after decent food and service, and avoids a lot of non residents as it's so far from the Port when the ships dock.

7 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Pineapple Beach Club, I think it's now owned by the sandals group, was an occidental hotel in 2007, **** I've been married 10 years this year, where does time go lol 

On the Atlantic side of the island but in a small bay, think it's called long bay, so is sheltered from the actual ocean, I would love to go back, if purely for the Chicken and Ribs at the outhouse on the cliff, however it is a bit isolated so if you want to head to st.johns, English Harbour etc it's a taxi ride.

But a beautiful place if you're one for lazing about, chilling, and after decent food and service, and avoids a lot of non residents as it's so far from the Port when the ships dock.

lol ive been married for 7 years this june. Already wonder where life has gine with 2 kids now in the fold .

When i go to an island im all about chillin and enjoying good food and drink. I cant lay on a beach like a beached whale  all day. So you do need to get out to explore. Have to say best food ive had was in Antigua.

Always wanted to go to st lucia but also Trinidad as my wifes family is from there. Got a lot of "inlaw" family over there still but theres alot of problems with violence and kidnappings over there now so we've been told to not come or to be very very careful (ie hire security  because locals will know you ain't from there and a target). Overkill im sure but when you got kids you pay more attention to those warnings

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 16:14, RonnieTodger said:

Doing 2 nights in Milan, before 3 in Lake Como with me girlfriend in July. Surprisingly decent prices. 

Cyprus in October for my cousin's wedding too. 

Milan is a strange one quite industrial but for two days you should find enough to do, especially if you like shopping and tie in a visit to the San Siri.

Lake Como is very nice, any idea where abouts you are staying? 

Also, if you are driving from Milan to Lake Como and fancy a stop off Bergamo old town is picturesque and worth a wander for a few hours.

On 21/04/2017 at 10:01, Dr The Singh said:

Cheers for that, any recommendations for San Diego, it will be my first time there......... been Vegas and LA loads of times

Only been once but like you I've been LA and Vegas loads and when in San Diego I thought why haven't I been here before. 

The whole feel of the place was relaxed yet a shit load going on as well. The Gaslamp area had pretty much everything happening in the evening, live music and great restaurants and bars etc. Great beaches and an old town as well which was nice, Mexican influenced and actually pretty old  by American standards.

Then there's the trip in to Mexico it's self lol I'd recommend going over the border in to Tiyuana even though it's a shit hole and full of tourists. Had such a laugh over there with old Mexicans trying to sell us Tequila all the time and getting us to have our picture taken on a Mexican Zebra, which is still one of the most bizarre things I've ever done. 

On 4/21/2017 at 21:31, Costock_Fox said:

Milan is a strange one quite industrial but for two days you should find enough to do, especially if you like shopping and tie in a visit to the San Siri.

Lake Como is very nice, any idea where abouts you are staying? 

Also, if you are driving from Milan to Lake Como and fancy a stop off Bergamo old town is picturesque and worth a wander for a few hours.

Thanks for the pointers mate. I'm gonna drag her to San Siro, without a doubt.

We're still looking at accommodation for Lake Como and obviously it's huge. We want to be right near the lake, but the nicer hotels seem to be a bit further away. I'd heard that it's probably better to stay towards the south of the lake if you're going back to Milan. We're getting a train in.   

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Thanks for the pointers mate. I'm gonna drag her to San Siro, without a doubt.

We're still looking at accommodation for Lake Como and obviously it's huge. We want to be right near the lake, but the nicer hotels seem to be a bit further away. I'd heard that it's probably better to stay towards the south of the lake if you're going back to Milan. We're getting a train in.   

I'm not sure where the train station is to be fair but probably avoid Lecco which is on the right hand side as I can't remember that being too great. I think the nicer parts are around Bellagio but I didn't stay there so no idea if there are many restaurants etc.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 21:37, Webbo said:

Just booked a fortnight in Marmaris next month for me and the Missus. I was only going to go for a week but it was less than £14 to extend it a week.

There are some good deals in Turkey for those brave (foolish?) enough to go.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/26/isis-exodus-foreign-fighters-caliphate-crumbles

Edited by Buce

14 hours ago, Buce said:

There are some good deals in Turkey for those brave (foolish?) enough to go.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/26/isis-exodus-foreign-fighters-caliphate-crumbles

Turkey... getting cheaper by the minute.Bargains to travel, bargains hotels/camping/B+Bs.

Bargains when there..!!  .excursions, boat trips...etc

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Turkey... getting cheaper by the minute.Bargains to travel, bargains hotels/camping/B+Bs.

Turkey is an unacceptable risk, atm.

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maybe if you're a journalist. In terms of terrorism, it's still highly unlikely you're going to get caught up in anything.

It's too close to Syria for my liking, and the collapse of IS has already seen its fighters cross into Turkey (see the link in my previous post).

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an incident similar to the one in Tunisia. I'd probably risk it if I was travelling alone, but I have my daughter to consider.

I could go to London and get deliberately run over by a nutter instead. It's just me and the missus I wouldn't take the kids ( the youngest is 19, they wouldn't want to come anyway) but  you can't live your life worrying about possible terrorist attacks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I could go to London and get deliberately run over by a nutter instead. It's just me and the missus I wouldn't take the kids ( the youngest is 19, they wouldn't want to come anyway) but  you can't live your life worrying about possible terrorist attacks.

#prayforwebbo   :D 

1 minute ago, Buce said:

It's too close to Syria for my liking, and the collapse of IS has already seen its fighters cross into Turkey (see the link in my previous post).

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an incident similar to the one in Tunisia. I'd probably risk it if I was travelling alone, but I have my daughter to consider.

I have been an adventure traveller, over many years, but see no reason to take any risks or have the hassle.

Bargains enough around east european countries, even in old yugoslavian countries...

Cambodia and Vietnam, if one fances to go a little further, nice beaches, history, trekking..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Some of the lads at my golf club are going on a golf trip to Turkey soon.

A week of unlimited golf, flights, all inclusive hotel and loads of other extras is cheaper for them than them going to play in Scotland instead... 

On 24/4/2017 at 11:55, Ric Flair said:

I've got to go to Riga on a stag doo next month, anyone been? I've heard all the horror stories but what's the real crack? i.e. just want to get garried out my head without running in to any bother.

I went 10 years ago and had a good time. It didn't seem as mental to me as other people say it is, but it was while I was at Uni and was just an extension of the average weekend.

• Like 1