Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

25 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its the same for my Egypt trip. After hearing TUI are cancelling flights to Egypt i got in touch with the company i booked with and they advised they will give me a credit note which will last for 11 months for me to re-book. When i said i wanted my money back they advised i would need to claim off my travel insurance. :( 

The plus point though is i paid for it all on credit card so i'm considering just cancelling it. 

I'm not due to fly until mid-May. I think BA are trying to push me to accept a voucher in the knowledge that they will probably cancel the flight in the coming weeks and I'll get my money back anyway.

On 14/03/2020 at 16:58, The Blur said:

Booked a honeymoon in Kerala and Maldives.   India Embassay have stopped accepting visa applications days after we became eligible to apply for a visa so we cannot go to India now.   We are looking at booking a flight direct to Maldives which hopefully will be eventually reimbursed by the initial flight to India.  We have no idea whether if we can get a refund or not-  cannot get through to Emirates airline.    We are hoping that Maldives would decide to ban all foreign travel before we go so we can just postpone everything at once rather than being in limbo!  

If public buildings also Close down....It looks you might also Need to rearrange/cancel wedding...Church, or reg.office..!!

Coronavirus, is looking After you..!!!

25 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why are We seeing..... Holiday-advertisements, all over our TV channels....They are senseless and quite useless at the moment..!!

Obviously pre-planned and perhaps too costly to remove? No idea.

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its the same for my Egypt trip. After hearing TUI are cancelling flights to Egypt i got in touch with the company i booked with and they advised they will give me a credit note which will last for 11 months for me to re-book. When i said i wanted my money back they advised i would need to claim off my travel insurance. :( 

The plus point though is i paid for it all on credit card so i'm considering just cancelling it. 

I'm pretty sure TUI are offering full refunds for cancelled holidays, so i'd speak with the company as them issuing credit notes rather than a refund is purely for their own gain.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm pretty sure TUI are offering full refunds for cancelled holidays, so i'd speak with the company as them issuing credit notes rather than a refund is purely for their own gain.

Thanks for the advice Ric, not sure it will help me though as i have booked with Classic Holidays and they put me on the TUI flight so i'm not sure who would get the refund for the flight.. the holiday company as they were the ones booking it or me, the person travelling? Its all a big mess and tbh its for the best the holiday was cancelled but its a real disappointment with it being the 2nd time in less than a year.

Trying to stay optimistic and think '3rd time lucky' but then feel that it was never ment to be, i guess its the same for everyone when they 'think' they are ticking off something off their bucket list and then it all going to shit. I know i am being selfish but £3k is not something i can just willy nilly write off and there are many people in a whole worse boat than me :( 

The whole corona-virus was something i was being quite blaze about, but now its really hitting home and its actually quite scary. 

36 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Thanks for the advice Ric, not sure it will help me though as i have booked with Classic Holidays and they put me on the TUI flight so i'm not sure who would get the refund for the flight.. the holiday company as they were the ones booking it or me, the person travelling? Its all a big mess and tbh its for the best the holiday was cancelled but its a real disappointment with it being the 2nd time in less than a year.

Trying to stay optimistic and think '3rd time lucky' but then feel that it was never ment to be, i guess its the same for everyone when they 'think' they are ticking off something off their bucket list and then it all going to shit. I know i am being selfish but £3k is not something i can just willy nilly write off and there are many people in a whole worse boat than me :( 

The whole corona-virus was something i was being quite blaze about, but now its really hitting home and its actually quite scary. 

It's a hell of a lot of money and at a time where lots of people will need all they can get their hands on. Did you say you booked it by credit card? You are 100% covered then.

I'm in a situation where I booked 2 holidays, neither with a credit card as I had to cancel all of mine through being a compulsive gambler a few years ago. I got travel insurance for 1 holiday where I had separate flights and accommodation but my TUI holiday I didn't get travel insurance in time before the covid outbreak. I should be ok if they cancel it but if they were to go under from this (a lot of holiday companies will be pushed close) it might be a different story. The holiday isn't until mid May so highly doubtful it will go ahead but still too early that TUI will be confirming cancellation and offering full refunds.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a hell of a lot of money and at a time where lots of people will need all they can get their hands on. Did you say you booked it by credit card? You are 100% covered then.

I'm in a situation where I booked 2 holidays, neither with a credit card as I had to cancel all of mine through being a compulsive gambler a few years ago. I got travel insurance for 1 holiday where I had separate flights and accommodation but my TUI holiday I didn't get travel insurance in time before the covid outbreak. I should be ok if they cancel it but if they were to go under from this (a lot of holiday companies will be pushed close) it might be a different story. The holiday isn't until mid May so highly doubtful it will go ahead but still too early that TUI will be confirming cancellation and offering full refunds.

If you booked a package holiday with them then you’d have received an ATOL Certificate which covers your money if TUI cease trading. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, isaidno said:

My holiday to Lanzarote in April has been cancelled today.  The same holiday I lost when Thomas cook collapsed.

Not meant to be! 

Hope you can book one when this is all over mate. Sounds like you need to catch a break (pun not intended but it works so we'll go with it). 

32 minutes ago, isaidno said:

My holiday to Lanzarote in April has been cancelled today.  The same holiday I lost when Thomas cook collapsed.

For crying out loud - Throw the man a bone…. That’s bloody awful luck

Horrible reading through this thread…. I love a holiday with the best of them… and seeing all this stuff prevent that huge beacon of light that is the family holiday is awful

i’ve got a very upset niece who can’t come and live with us from Switzerland next month (she was going to work in a school for a month)…. A colleague who’s wedding plans have now gone to sh*t…. And we can’t plan any holiday at all - we’re booked end of July, but, roll a dice/ pick a number to guess if that’s possible or not…

On the plus side I don’t have to go to San Antonio this Sunday!  I held off buying the ticket as my scooby senses were telling me to hold on…. 

Me and the wife came to the decision Monday to cancel our end of June holiday with Jet 2.

We felt it better to lose the low deposit we paid in Jan, than pay in full in 3 more weeks and have a game/long wait in getting refunded.

And at least we know where we stand, instead of holding out hope of anything changing soon, which is becoming increasingly likely as the days pass.

Feel for anyone having holidays, weddings or breaks away cancelled at short notice, or the uncertainty of it going ahead in the future.

It’s going to be a rough couple of months on a lot of fronts, keep strong all!

• Haha 1

I have never booked or organised a  holiday,more than 6 weeks in advance.Never took a package-tour.

we were  already travelling,when we had our Wedding & honeymoon.

If  a company asked me to put my Holiday request in,then ok I would..!! But even with 4 kids,School-holidays Never seen the Need to book.

There was always something available....To be fair majority of my Working life,I was already either in Europe or elsewhere..!!! Rarely from UK.

When we dropped out for 18months -30months...(3 times) ,Always found travel solutions,including transporting a couple of times our expedition-Wagon.

If we backpacked Continents,just Jumped on a plane or waited just 6-4 weeks before...Not this 6-3 months prior booking..

My Children ( Now 25-34yrs old) are no different,though occasionally but still rarely  have they booked 3 months in advance..!!

The Trick Being .....you are young,you havent seen anything yet,so Dont tie yourself down to specific targeted destinations.

Even if you near Retirement or retired,you still havent started to see everything....Question of attitude & aptitude,I suppose...

and not putting musts,to your bucket-lists..!! 

I have Travelled/Worked all corners around the world,walked many Great cities of this world,hiked many Great & unknown treks....Drove the dangerous highways,before they started filming Celebrities doing it..!!

but cant say I have seen half of it...If anybody Claims they have,they werent even looking,seeing,listening,feeling,even smelling,touching  the experience.!!!

Dont fear where you have Not got to,Enjoy where you have been,where you are,then which Destination opens up for you,

From Skeggy to Kashgar..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Guessing my trip to legoland that was booked for my kids as a Christmas present and to celebrate the wife's birthday next month isn't likely to happen. 

Although I would quite like Boris to either call the tune and at least we get a chance to rearrange or a refund potentially.

Alternatively I guess it maybe quiet there lol

Oh how that, we don't need the cancellation insurance as we won't need to change the dates conversation had looks now, and my personal travel insurance cover doesn't cover short breaks.

Edited by Bayfox

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not meant to be! 

Hope you can book one when this is all over mate. Sounds like you need to catch a break (pun not intended but it works so we'll go with it). 

Thanks. Wanted a family break before the wife ends her paternity leave in May. When it all settles down we'll book something later in the year.

Plenty of cheap flights going for Christmas time (including christmas holidays). If anyone has the bollux to book one:ph34r:

The deal below is with easyJet with tonnes of heavily discounted fares on nearly ALL of their routes over the Xmas holidays and generally throughout the November - February period. This includes loads of popular winter holiday destinations such as Canary Islands, Iceland, Marrakesh, Madeira and many others.

We've listed some of the more exciting options for you below, but recommend you see the full list from your departure city by exploring Google Flights' map view or using easyJet's route map. The best dates for this one won't last, so be quick!

Returns from London (LGW):

Reykjavik (KEF) - £58
Larnaca (LCA) - £58
Madeira (FNC) - £58
Innsbruck (INN) - £59
Vienna (VIE) - £59
Faro (FAO) - £58
Marrakesh (KEF) - £58
Tenerife (TFS) - £58
Gran Canaria (LPA) - £58
Fuerteventura (FUE) - £58
Antalya (AYT) - £58
Dalaman (DLM) - £58

Returns from Manchester (MAN):

Reykjavik (KEF) - £58
Madeira (FNC) - £58
Paphos (PFO) - £58
Gran Canaria (LPA) - £58
Lanzarote (ACE) - £58
Prague (PRG) - £60
Porto (OPO) - £58
Rovaniemi (RVN) - £58

Returns from Bristol (BRS):

Reykjavik (KEF) - £58
Prague (PRG) - £60
Paris (CDG) - £57
Gran Canaria (LPA) - £58
Lanzarote (ACE) - £58
Madrid (MAD) - £58
Barcelona (BCN) - £58
Paphos (PFO) - £58

Returns from Edinburgh (EDI):

Reykjavik (KEF) - £58
Amsterdam (AMS) - £58
Paris (CDG) - £58
Vienna (VIE) - £59
Lisbon (LIS) - £58
Prague (PRG) - £60
Athens (ATH) - £59

Returns from Liverpool (LPL):

Amsterdam (AMS) - £58
Tenerife (TFS) - £58
Fuerteventura (FUE) - £58

Barcelona (BCN) - £58
Nice (NCE) - £58
Malaga (AGP) - £58

plus many more...
Travel Dates: late October - February 2021 (including Xmas & NYE!)

Airline: easyJet

Standard Fare: £200 - £500 (over xmas holidays)

Bags: Full-size cabin bag included only, checked bags are extra

Book by: The peak holiday dates could go within 12 - 24 hours

Here's how to book:

1. You can find most (but not all) of these routes using Google Flights, however, easyJet's low-fare finder gives us an equally convenient way to browse through the destinations and dates for each city. Enter your desired route and you'll quickly be able to see included months by the bar graph displayed.

Once you've selected your route, simply proceed to book with easyJet.

Good to know:

- If you're new here, read our guide to learn how to combine Google Flights and Skyscanner or Momondo to find cheap flights.

- Deals can go at anytime. If you've checked our example links and couldn't find any more dates at the deal price using the instructions above, it's likely to have expired.

- Our general guide on how to find cheap flights.

- Example Itinerary -
771b2b946bbde0c6d4c3accf55fbac8e.png?r=1

The Bali deal below has lots of dates from the late summer into 2021 and Lufthansa will let you change your booking to dates up to the end of the year without a change fee. Singapore Airlines assists them for the local leg once you're in Asia, so you've got 5-star carriers the entire journey.

We'll be here to share the deals to come. Keep safe and look out for each other.

To:

Bali, Denpasar (DPS)

London (LHR)  - £460

Edinburgh (EDI) - £445
Manchester (MAN) - £440
Birmingham (BHX) - £440
Newcastle (NCL) - £440
Bristol (BRS) - £467
Travel Dates: late August - February 2021 (excluding Xmas & NYE)

Airline: Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines

Standard Fare: £800+

Bags: Checked bag included

Book by: These fares should last 2-3 days

Here's how to book:

1. Head to Google Flights and use their handy calendar tool to find the best travel dates for your route, by locating the dates with the lowest fares (those highlighted in green). This flight is not any cheaper on other websites, so we recommend you book direct with the airline. Follow the links from Google Flights book.

Note: Fares on the Google Flights calendar tool will show £15-£25 higher until you select both of the flights and are shown the booking options.

Good to know:

- If you're new here, read our guide to learn how to combine Google Flights and Skyscanner or Momondo to find cheap flights.

- Deals can go at anytime. If you've checked our example links and couldn't find any more dates at the deal price using the instructions above, it's likely to have expired.

- Our general guide on how to find cheap flights.

- Example Itinerary -
44e1113be4ab59c11d8dc7336dc5c2ad.png?r=1
- Example Itinerary -
- Example Itinerary -

Edited by Christoph

On 16/03/2020 at 21:15, StanSP said:

Obviously pre-planned and perhaps too costly to remove? No idea.

Yeah, booked several months in advance, you can’t change what you have booked. I saw a programme sponsored by a cruise company, money straight down the drain.