Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Would you rather...?

Vardy or Win?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather Vardy scores this Saturday and we lose, or that we win and Vardy doesn't score?

• Vardy scores - we lose
    • Vardy doesn't score - we win

A win / 3pts is more important for me. 

Vardy has equalled the record and to break it would be amazing, but a win here sends out a real signal of intent that we're capable of beating anyone in this league this season.

I think if we get a win out of the way against United then we can go on to pick up a few more wins during this 6 game run up to Christmas.

Lose this one and we could be in for a bit of a tougher month - despite our immediate bounce-back after Arsenal we might find it more difficult after this one.

he holds the record with ruud anyway, 3 points all day long

Neither of them hold the record really. To quote Martin Samuels piece from Saturday morning:

Sheffield United's Jimmy Dunne scored in 12 straight games in 1931-32

It was commerce and marketing that changed when the Premier League was formed, not football. The branding was different, but there were still 11 on each side, same as the old days, there were defenders and attackers, and the goal sizes remained unaltered, too. It has always been tough to stay fit, stay in the team, and score goals, whether in 2015, 2003 — or 1931.

So the idea that Jamie Vardy is chasing Ruud van Nistelrooy’s consecutive scoring record in English football is false. Van Nistelrooy’s is a modern milestone and, yes, Vardy will equal that if he scores for Leicester at Newcastle on Saturday. He will still, however, be two short of the all-time record-holder, a man whose greatness is being quietly edited from history, because it took place in the days before cameras documented every game, big or small.

Jimmy Dunne, of Sheffield United, is the most consistently prolific goalscorer the elite level of English football has seen, and just because his accomplishment dates from the year the Empire State Building was constructed does not make it any less notable.

we support LCFC, not individual players. If vardy goes to Utd in jan having broken the record, then he'll be referred to as the United player who holds the record etc etc.

Tbh, the record only ever gets an airing if someone has a long scoring run. if might never be mentioned again!

Let him come out and state that he isn't leaving us in jan under any circumstances because he loves it here and I'll have a think about your question. He won't do that and neither will I (think about your question that is)

we support LCFC, not individual players. If vardy goes to Utd in jan having broken the record, then he'll be referred to as the United player who holds the record etc etc.

Tbh, the record only ever gets an airing if someone has a long scoring run. if might never be mentioned again!

Let him come out and state that he isn't leaving us in jan under any circumstances because he loves it here and I'll have a think about your question. He won't do that and neither will I (think about your question that is)

Vardy isnt going anywhere in January...

Vardy scores, we lose personally.

We're very much over-achieving and a single loss currently would not damage confidence at all.

Would love Vardy to get it, just to show Martial and Rooney and massive money doesn't always guarantee REGULAR goals.

Alright my turn

Would you rather have the hiccups for the rest of your life or feel like you have to sneeze and not be able to for the rest of your life?

Another tough one !!   .....    Can we have an option 3 please .........    the ability to predict the winner of every horse race and have  x ray vision.

I'd probably go for option 3.

Vardy scores, we lose personally.

We're very much over-achieving and a single loss currently would not damage confidence at all.

Would love Vardy to get it, just to show Martial and Rooney and massive money doesn't always guarantee REGULAR goals.

Nooooooooo!!!! Even if he scores, he still hasn't broken THE record! He might hold the 'Premier League record' but the record for consecutive goals in the top division of English football is 12.

This PL record winds me up. It's like if Nuge scored in 10 consecutive games for Boro he might then hold the record for most consecutive goals in the 'championship' which is another recently made up name (it's still division 2 in old money!)

3 points every day for me.

Easy, Leicester win. Vardy already has the proper record by scoring in 10 games in one season, not over two like Van Nistelrooy.

A Leicester win proves all this can't be the big teams bollocks is just that, bollocks. Being top and beating our nearest challengers would be a massive statement that this could be a very special season for the club and cement us as top four challengers at least.

Archived