Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

Very good performance on the whole after a very poor start. Wasilewskis goal kicked our backsides into action. Second half we restricted them to half-chances and looked dangerous on the counter. How Dyer finished the match, I don't know. He was absolutely woeful yet again, both in possession and defending, which culminated in giving away the peno.

Whether it was deliberate or not,the ball hit his hand and moved away from their player. Any of our players would have claimed it and we'd all have been moaning if it hadn't been given. The result will stand no matter what so we just need to get over it.

There's not a whether it was deliberate or not, for it to be an offence it has to be deliberate, and it's clearly not (Dyer doesn't have a clue where the ball was for a start). We'd not be moaning if it wasn't given to us because it is 100% not a penalty. 

lol so because vardy keeps getting fouled we deservedly get robbed of a place in the next round of the fa cup. agreed. 

Come off it, we've benefited from some iffy decisions. Lets not be cry babies.

Mike Read got slaughtered for the penalty at Chelsea a proper shocking decision but he wasn't the villain the cheat was Erland Johnsen who cheated and the FA by doing nothing endorsed this, a fitting response by them could have reduced the simulation in the current game. Read thought it was a penalty and gave it Johnsen cheated us and the ref. Today this clown could not even claim to say he could see any handball and gave it on the appeal of Spurs players for me this is a worse decision.

Absolute bellend of a ref even belatedly finally  gave them a yellow card, challenge on Ulloa in the first half and the attack on Chilwell by Dele  Alli that should have been bookings all day long.

That challenge on Chilwell was an assault not a tackle.    

There's not a whether it was deliberate or not, for it to be an offence it has to be deliberate, and it's clearly not (Dyer doesn't have a clue where the ball was for a start). We'd not be moaning if it wasn't given to us because it is 100% not a penalty. 

The ref doesn't get 16 replays, he has to make an instant decision. It was probably the wrong decision but it was an honest mistake.

The ref doesn't get 16 replays, he has to make an instant decision. It was probably the wrong decision but it was an honest mistake.

And to make that decision he needs to be certain, and when he can't see a single bit of it, he simply cannot give it. It's less honest mistake and more pure incompetence/playing to the crowd.

Whether it was deliberate or not,the ball hit his hand and moved away from their player. Any of our players would have claimed it and we'd all have been moaning if it hadn't been given. The result will stand no matter what so we just need to get over it.

No-one's expecting Spurs not to appeal. But that referee didn't "see" anything that related to a penalty because nothing happened. So, at the very best, he must have reacted to outside influences and that's not refereeing it's guesswork.

Come off it, we've benefited from some iffy decisions. Lets not be cry babies.

i cant think of many, if any blatantly wrong decisions given against us? 

and as i said i dont see why the fact that we keep getting honest, obvious penalties in previous games means we deserve to be robbed of an fa cup tie and arent allowed to complain about a ridiculously bad decision by a moron of a referee?

How can it be honest if there's nothing to see that equates to a penalty. How can you "see" what hasn't happened. It's not a marks out of 10 job! 

Spurs without a doubt the jammiest team in the league. That's five games against them in a row that they've had a ridiculously lucky penalty decision go their way. FIVE IN A ROW.

5 in a row against us? They didn't get a peno in the 1-1 draw in August nor in the league game at KP last season? Or do you mean away from home?

Will the replay be shown on tv?

most probably. liverpool/exeter, villa/wycombe & perhaps bolton/eastleigh are the only other remotely interesting ties, i'd say we were number 1 pick. great first tie, two top 4 teams in the league, technically the underdog at home with a chance of a "shock", harry kane, all things that tv love. 

5 in a row against us? They didn't get a peno in the 1-1 draw in August nor in the league game at KP last season? Or do you mean away from home?

Think he means for us as well - Mahrez got stepped on in August and Vardy got cropped last season at home, likewise Kramalam getting booked for being wiped out by Vorm in the cup last season - 5 games where a penalty decision has been gotten wrong in their favour.

That was a frustrating watch. Looked desperate at times, couldn't hold the ball up. Second ball invariably fell to a Spurs player. So slow to react, especially the first half. Okazaki did well for his goal, but really needs to stay on his feet and look after the ball more. Dyer clueless. I wasn't expecting much anyway.

They were the better side first half (Only just) but we were by far better in the 2nd, think we deserved it overall.

Grey looked quality, hope to see him feature heavily in league games although I know it'll be tough fitting him in, personally didn't understand us taking him off, i'd have took Dyer off, but hey ho.

Also gotta credit Chilwell, looked really good, i'm impressed.

Not even gonna entertain discussing the penalty as it'll only wind me up.

The replay is a game we could do without but we've got to deal with it.

Archived