Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Watford 0-1 Leicester City post match thread

I must say I was thoroughly impressed with Watford in the home game in November and they didn't deserve to lose that, tonight you can tell they are suffering a touch of a confidence crisis but I like how they play the game. Ighalo looks slightly off the boil which is costing them. I hope they regain they're swagger before the end of the season as they've been great.

On to us. First half we were mediocre but had two very easy chances to score in Okazaki's follow up and Vardy's almost open goal. However he tinkered and we turned the screw. King is looking ever dependable and Schlupp has come back from 4 months out like a man possessed. He looks good in possession and technically looks so superior to what we're used to from him.

The magician wins it is yet again, he's so dangerous away from home, that must be 10 goals away now? Maybe even more. Stunning.

Alot of complacency in the first half, alot of hoofing up to nobody, misplaced passes, we had by far the best chances, but still continued to try and rush it up field.

We had a bit of luck with Simpsons deflection from Deeneys shot straight into Kaspers hands, but that's just desserts after Fosters luck on Tuesday night maybe.

Second half we pressed more, tried to play it on the floor abit more, still felt abit rushed at times but felt like we were in control more.

Mahrez took his goal brilliantly. In the end we had the more clear cut chances and if somebody had to win it, then we probably deserved to.

Onwards & upwards, 5pts clear in March is an incredible achievement.

Another outrageous day in terms of results, nowhere near our best in large parts of the game but still able to grind out a win

Perfect timing with the subs, Schlupp and King changed everything. Can't believe how much Schlupp seems to have improved from having a few months out of the game! Seems to be far smarter now and actually planning his next move. Great to have him back

Five points clear. That hasn't sunk in yet.

Think the effort is there just a total lack of quality and threat atm.

Given you play with 2 holding midfielders in a 442, you can't really afford to go behind as a side can you? And you could tell the run of form your sides been on because I couldn't see any real belief in the players (or fans really) that you'd get a goal back after going behind, my bigger concern was that we might gift you one.

Hope you get back on track soon though, otherwise these things can fester themselves into problems in the following season.

I like the fact that Schlupp and Albrighton offer completely different things. They are both solutions to different problems in my opinion and it is really pleasing to have them both available. Albrighton's delivery and general decision-making is better than Schlupp's for me, but Schlupp has this raw energy and pace that certain fullbacks, especially inexperienced ones, fill their kecks at. We really do have a cracking squad with so much versatility. 

I prefer the balance of the side with Schlupp on the left than Albrighton. Albrighton is much better on the right but Mahrez has the position locked down.

Schlupp playing on the left keeps the width and I always like the combination of having a left footer on the right and a left footer on the left or vice versa. Think Schlupp should start next game IMO.

Schlupp left, Albrighton right, Mahrez as a 10 is defintely something I can see Ranieri using in the next nine games. Even Schlupp left, Mahrez right, King central. Or the 3-4-1-2. Or Ulloa and Vardy.

SO MANY OPTIONS.

Dear Rupert Murdoch,

As much as i hate everything about you, your companies and especially your Media division and what they call "news," i must congratulate you for your front page spread on Sunday 31st May 2015. I mean we all know the real reason you printed it was to sell papers on a scandal and bring disharmony into a team that had just found its feet, but what you did was cut the head off a Hydra, now look at us. Thanks to you we sacked 3 mediocre reserve players (or as you put it "premier league stars") and our best manager since Martin O'Neill. After what felt like an eternity of tracking planes and debating how the bookies odds calculators worked (also some awful business with sacremento and a serbian) we appointed Claudio "tinkerman" Ranieri. 

Now, i will be the first to admit (even though it made me £200 from betting on it...dont ask) that i was a little bit skeptical about this appointment. we dont need a famous chop and changer who is used to title run ins! we need a scraper who will keep us out of the bottom 3! Then the same team kept getting rolled out, we became the last team in the country to be undefeated, Jamie "Racist storm" Vardy (see 8th august sun frontpage for that one) goes on to break the consecutive goals in premier league games and takes us to the top of the league. 

Then come the "elephant in a tree" jokes. "its good to see them up there but you know it will come down at some point." well sadly Nelly didn't come down. We beat chelsea, we beat everton, we go top at christmas. The first team to go from bottom one christmas to top the next. 

Sure its not all been fun and games. But now in march we are 5 points clear at the top and Barbar looks pretty safe at the top of that tree right now "mate"

So thank you, thank you for being the money grabbing, horrible scum of a man you are and putting that story out there to make, what? a couple of hundred thousand more? you have caused this club to have the best season it has ever had and probably ever will. thanks to your lazy journalists and sleazy tactics, you helped spur on one of the greatest achievements in footballing history (unless you are a forest fan of course...cuz it was "proper football" then.....apparently....HA!)

Thank you for everything, enjoy the rest of your wedding weekend, im sure she is with you for your looks, charisma and personality. Maybe she used to root for Skeletor when watching He-Man as a kid cuz he was "just so cute" too.

oh, and please stop the Trump thing now. A jokes a joke but its getting too much like the story behind V for Vendetta mixed with The Hunger Games now and i dont fancy an american version pumped full of Ad's, product placement and members of the Kardashian Family.

Lots of love,

Ramboacdc

p.s. if you dont fancy reading this, i will leave it on my mates voicemail tomorrow for one of your journalists to find. 

Dear Rupert Murdoch,

As much as i hate everything about you, your companies and especially your Media division and what they call "news," i must congratulate you for your front page spread on Sunday 31st May 2015. I mean we all know the real reason you printed it was to sell papers on a scandal and bring disharmony into a team that had just found its feet, but what you did was cut the head off a Hydra, now look at us. Thanks to you we sacked 3 mediocre reserve players (or as you put it "premier league stars") and our best manager since Martin O'Neill. After what felt like an eternity of tracking planes and debating how the bookies odds calculators worked (also some awful business with sacremento and a serbian) we appointed Claudio "tinkerman" Ranieri. 

Now, i will be the first to admit (even though it made me £200 from betting on it...dont ask) that i was a little bit skeptical about this appointment. we dont need a faous chop and changer who is used to title run ins! we need a scraper who will keep us out of the bottom 3! Then the same team kept getting rolled out, we became the last team in the country to be undefeated, Jamie "Racist storm" Vardy (see 8th august sun frontpage for that one) goes on to break the consecutive goals in premier league games and takes us to the top of the league. 

Then come the "elephant in a tree" jokes. "its good to see them up there but you know it will come down at some point." well sadly Nelly didn't come down. We beat chelsea, we beat everton, we go top at christmas. The first team to go from bottom one christmas to top the next. 

Sure its not all been fun and games. But now in march we are 5 points clear at the top and Barbar looks pretty safe at the top of that tree right now "mate"

So thank you, thank you for being the money grabbing, horrible scum of a man you are and putting that story out there to make, what? a couple of hundred thousand more? you have caused this club to have the best season it has ever had and probably ever will. thanks to your lazy journalists and sleazy tactics, you helped spur on one of the greatest achievements in footballing history (unless you are a forest fan of course...cuz it was "proper football" then.....apparently....HA!)

Thank you for everything, enjoy the rest of your wedding weekend, im sure she is with you for your looks, charisma and personality. Maybe she used to root for Skeletor when watching He-Man as a kid cuz he was "just so cute" too.

oh, and please stop the Trump thing now. A jokes a joke but its getting too much like the story behind V for Vendetta mixed with The Hunger Games now and i dont fancy an american version pumped full of Ad's, product placement and members of the Kardashian Family.

Lots of love,

Ramboacdc

p.s. if you dont fancy reading this, i will leave it on my mates voicemail tomorrow for one of your journalists to find. 

The greatest post ever (with a tiny typo)

Dear Rupert Murdoch,

Now, i will be the first to admit (even though it made me £200 from betting on it...dont ask) that i was a little bit skeptical about this appointment. we dont need a faous chop and changer who is used to title run ins! we need a scraper who will keep us out of the bottom 3! Then the same team kept getting rolled out, we became the last team in the country to be undefeated, Jamie "Racist storm" Vardy (see 8th august sun frontpage for that one) goes on to break the consecutive goals in premier league games and takes us to the top of the league. 

Lots of love,

Ramboacdc

YOvJuai8jPGpO.gif

Hi

Boro fan here in peace/respect.

Just wanted to say that you broke my heart in 1997....sniffle sniffle :(

However, I'm loving your journey this season so please please go on and actually win it.  I love the fact that you're sticking two fingers up to the 'establishment'.  If those so called 'Big 5' (and their American chump) don't think you deserve to be in the Champions League, then let them burger off and form their own little 'super league' and see who actually gives a t*ss at the end of the day.  Thing is about a league, someone has to finish top and bottom. I truly hope you boys do it. Up the Boro; and up the Leicester ! :)

Just before the goal I decided that I needed to change into the first Leicester city top I have bought in 20 years. As I was rolling the top down over my massive man boobs Mahrez scored. As a superstitious individual this is going to make watching the rest of the games this season uncomfortable for myself, my family and anyone who visits in the next few weeks until the season is over.

Perhaps I should watch games in a locked room with no access for others...

I like to think of myself as a very rational, logical thinker, but I do still find it hard to shake off thinking magpies or certain clothes might affect luck. I know it's ridiculous, but I can't help it. Finally over the magpie thing today, though. Saw a few single magpies this morning, and made a mental note so I would know if the Spurs v Arsenal match and ours went our way, it was definitely nonsense. I'll never give those bastard birds another thought.

Sadly, though, that's just been replaced by clothes, instead. I haven't been bothering with lucky clothes for ages, but today I decided to put my '82 replica home shirt on for some reason before the match, and most my socks are black, but I wore white because we were playing in white and Watford had black on their kit. Now I have to make sure I've got that shirt and some white socks available for 9 more matches.

I hate my brain.

Dear Rupert Murdoch,

Now, i will be the first to admit (even though it made me £200 from betting on it...dont ask) that i was a little bit skeptical about this appointment. we dont need a famous chop and changer who is used to title run ins! we need a scraper who will keep us out of the bottom 3! Then the same team kept getting rolled out, we became the last team in the country to be undefeated, Jamie "Racist storm" Vardy (see 8th august sun frontpage for that one) goes on to break the consecutive goals in premier league games and takes us to the top of the league. 

Lots of love,

Ramboacdc

It was the Mirror.

Hi

Boro fan here in peace/respect.

Just wanted to say that you broke my heart in 1997....sniffle sniffle :(

However, I'm loving your journey this season so please please go on and actually win it. I love the fact that you're sticking two fingers up to the 'establishment'. If those so called 'Big 5' (and their American chump) don't think you deserve to be in the Champions League, then let them burger off and form their own little 'super league' and see who actually gives a t*ss at the end of the day. Thing is about a league, someone has to finish top and bottom. I truly hope you boys do it. Up the Boro; and up the Leicester ! :)

The football community sticking up the collective middle finger to The Establishment!!!... Love all this!!! Long may it continue!!!

It was always going to be a tough game. Improved second half and controlled the game. Lets hope Newcastle don't find some form for next week. Its a pity we do not play Villa every week who still have to play Spurs and Arsenal.

I think we need to match the closest rivals. From the fixtures I can see we all have 2-4 losable or points dropped games. We just have to ensure we win the easier ones. Would 74-78 do it?

Great Victory tonight, have to admit was a little nervous pre match about this game. However looking back at the ninety, despite it being a one goal win it sounded quite an comfortable victory. Now I fully believe we're going to do! It's ours to lose.

Archived