Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

So this isn't missed - RIP glenelgfox.

Just want to add a few words and echo what everyone else has said really. Such a brave life comes to such a sad end, just a few weeks before big Wes lifts the trophy. I was inspired by Tony's story and it really does put everything into perspective. Life is short and life is precious. Be kind to people. RIP

Thank you for your continuing messages of condolences, it really does mean a huge amount and makes me even prouder to be from Leicester. To say again, I will make sure that Tony's wife Donna and his family get to read them all when the time is right for them.

I am sure that Donna will not mind in the slightest if I post here her message from Facebook written just a few hours after Tony's passing. I am not on FB myself, so this is a copy of her words:

"It is with great sadness that I have to let you all know that my husband, an amazing man, Tony Skeffington has just passed peacefully at home with his family beside him. He was more than just a man, he was an inspiration to everyone he met.

He had the benefit of having his closest friends and family with him during the day whether it be in person or via message. He passed of his own accord and in his own unique way, without suffering.

He spent his last valuable hours with his children watching his mighty Leicester City Foxes and he will now be above them cheering them on to win the Premiership.

Thank you to everyone that has been a Facebook friend in one way or another and to all for their support and ongoing messages of encouragement.

I will keep his FB open and advise everyone of his funeral service details. I ask that you not reply to this post (nb: on Facebook) but allow us some time to grieve, however you are welcome to message me on FB if necessary.

We, as a family wish to acknowledge the many friends that he has been lucky to have known and shared stories and life experiences with on his page and to those that were lifelong friends. I apologise to those that are notified via this post instead of directly, but this is only due to the insurmountable numbers I would have to contact personally, please do not be offended.

I want to thank personally all the Leicester City supporters whom have welcomed Tony Skeffington into their hearts, it certainly was humbling to know that he touched many people’s lives on the other side of the World.

In closing, I add to North Adelaide Roosters – Cheers, Beers and Tears! – and he was certainly “Leicester ‘til he died”.

Sincerely, Donna Skeffington."

I would ask that you respect Donna's wishes of not replying on her FB post and obviously, despite his page being left active, that you do not make 'friend' requests to Tony - I think it's best to keep our thoughts, condolences and well-wishing here on this thread.

Geoff.

I am not a regular poster on FT but read it religiously, I, like many others have followed Tony's story through here and I'm very saddened to hear he has lost his battle.

RIP Tony

Thoughts go out to his family and friends xx

"He's one of our own, he's one of our own, he's Tony Skeffington, he's one of our own".

Maybe?

I'm normally in the "against" camp regarding minutes applause for random people but this seems like it mat be appropriate? Would need to get some publicity to gain traction though? Do you think the club would be persuaded to get on board with it?

I'm normally in the "against" camp regarding minutes applause for random people but this seems like it mat be appropriate? Would need to get some publicity to gain traction though? Do you think the club would be persuaded to get on board with it?

I'd like us to definitely do something.....

I just wonder if a simple chant every now and then would be more to his and his families liking..

I have followed Tony's story from the start and it is clear that Leicester City was a huge passion for him. What an amazing message from his wife! Glad he was able to do things 'his way' as his lovely wife puts it.

Rest in peace up there chap. Enjoy the rest of the season from the best seats in the house. And if you find the right person to ask, ask for better refs in the remaining games of the season. :)

Best wishes to family and friends.

FHR

Sad, sad news..... There's a lot of love on this thread for Tony and we now send it to his loved ones and keep them in our thoughts. I'm so glad he got to see this season and his body left this world with Leicester City Football Club at the top of the Premier League and already guaranteed Champion's League. Each of us on here would want to pass on seeing that. He'll be with us in spirit if we win it. No doubt about that.

I'd like us to definitely do something.....

I just wonder if a simple chant every now and then would be more to his and his families liking..

Given that there will be some Tifo for this game, it would be great to see a few 2 sticks with his name on it, be nice to send his wife the pictures to show were thinking about her and the family.

Archived