Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

If we signed a centre back, a right back & Silva in January then for me the squad is complete. 

I do think the right back & especially the centre back strengthening will happen next summer though. Surely this has to be Was' last season?

Just hope we look for a young no nonsense centre back rather than someone like Hernandez or Benny. Michael Keane would do well here.

No defensive midfielder is needed Amartey is still only early 20's & doing a good job. Mendy needs 6 months most likely to get use to the tempo of the premier league. We need another creative player in the middle to help Drinky! Silva should be our no.1 target. 

Kingy will always be the 5th choice centre mid until he retires I'm sure. lol

Would anyone take Clucas? Been really impressed with him this season, also he'd count as one of our club-grown players for the CL..

Could be good back up for Drinkwater, or maybe we should aim higher ala Silva.. But if anything's taught us about transfers over the years, its if the player fits.. Not the name. Clucas looks like he could fit right in.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Would anyone take Clucas? Been really impressed with him this season, also he'd count as one of our club-grown players for the CL..

Could be good back up for Drinkwater, or maybe we should aim higher ala Silva.. But if anything's taught us about transfers over the years, its if the player fits.. Not the name. Clucas looks like he could fit right in.

I would not take Clucas, I only want players who walk into the first team or highly rated youngsters. The only exception to that is freebies or cheapies who come to fill a role as squad players like Zieler and Hernandez.

It's the road to ruin spending good money on players who are no better than what you have.

Gary Alexis Medel Soto

Image result for gary medel 2016

You want a replacement for Kante go and sign El Pitbull

Cardiff City

On 11 August 2013, Cardiff City confirmed that they had signed Medel from Sevilla for a club record £11 million fee on a four-year deal.He made his debut for the club on 17 August, in a 2-0 defeat against West Ham United. He made his home debut at the Cardiff City Stadium on 25 August, in a 3-2 win against Manchester City. Medel played all 90 minutes and received the fans' man of the match award.

He's not a very nice guy on the field but rumour has it he's good in the changing room and likes a laugh,

Wouldn't be a bad shout as Liverpool were rumoured to be after him in the close season.

Steve Walsh was pretty good at recruitment .....     He's REALLY REALLY keen on N'Zonzi ...    Who has one of those annoying buy out clauses ....        We could maybe do with another NG replacement (Amartey is good but still young and we don't want to heap too much on his shoulders and if and when Mendy mends he is maybe a different type of player) ....        Some dots here to join.    I know what I'd do.

Sporting midfielder Adrien Silva received thigh injury last weekend, which will leave him out of the games for about a month.

However, the player has still one more physical issue to be solved, and between all the guilty parts for this other problem, even Leicester City are involved.

According to A Bola, Adrien has been playing with a knee injury since February. The player has needed an arthroscopy since then, but has been delaying the operation due to his personal goals.

First Sporting were fighting for the Portuguese league title, which never came, as they finished the season two points behind Benfica. Then there was the Euros, with Portugal lifting the trophy, making Adrien’s sacrifice worthwhile.

And then there were the negotiations with Leicester, looked upon kindly by the player. As we all know by now, he really believed the transfer was sealed, but Sporting ended up demanding much more than what the Foxes were willing to pay.

The midfielder could have had the surgery during his holidays, but the possibility of a transfer convinced him not to do so. Now, since he would be sidelined because of this thigh injury anyway, he will solve both problems in one and already had the arthroscopy, which will mean an extra couple of weeks out of the team.

Adrien Silva will miss two League games, one cup tie and two Champions League matches against Borussia Dortmund. He’s still doubtful to return against Arouca in 30 days, so he may only make his comeback by the end of November.

Given the way his Leicester move so publicly collapsed, hindsight would suggest Adrien should have got the issue out of the way once Euro 2016 was over. Still, should Leicester want to return for the midfielder in the short to medium term then this is one last thing to worry about.

Archived