Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

no demarai gray

11 hours ago, FireFox said:

Nah yeah, he could have been on the bench in place of Schlupp. A lot of posts right above were about how he should be starting though.

64.7%. Better than Simpson's 56.8% at least.

3/8 accurate long balls. Compared to Drinky and Fuch's 5/11, not too bad.

1/8 accurate crosses (but he's crossing from the left side usually). Only also Vardy and Mahrez played accurate crosses, each 1/3.

He didn't have a good game, but he tracked runners and covered defensively enough for us to keep a clean sheet and win the game.

Maybe Gray would have given us more of an attacking threat, maybe we would have scored another goal (although we maybe should have had 2 goals with Albrighton's cross to offside? Slimani), but maybe he wouldn't have done as well defensively and we'd have conceded 1 or 2. Who knows.

It worked out though, and I don't mind Claudio trusting in Albrighton who always puts in a shift and has no attitude problem.

Wow, 12.5% cross accuracy, that's even worse then i remember. No wonder Vardy spent most of his time on the left wing, probably got fed up of Albrighton crossing to the corner flag.

9 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Wow, 12.5% cross accuracy, that's even worse then i remember. No wonder Vardy spent most of his time on the left wing, probably got fed up of Albrighton crossing to the corner flag.

I think it is 2/9 if you include the "offside" attempt. And you have to consider he's either cutting back to cross or crossing on his weaker left foot.

But sure, slate him for his passing, ignore that one of his crosses should have pus us up 2-0, and claim that Vardy spent most of his time on the left wing, a lie, to try to excuse Vardy of also being off form.

2 minutes ago, FireFox said:

I think it is 2/9 if you include the "offside" attempt. And you have to consider he's either cutting back to cross or crossing on his weaker left foot.

But sure, slate him for his passing, ignore that one of his crosses should have pus us up 2-0, and claim that Vardy spent most of his time on the left wing, a lie, to try to excuse Vardy of also being off form.

Tbf Vardy did end up on the left wing quite a few times. 

I do think that Albrighton is getting a bit of harsh treatment. I thought he played ok. 

When we play at home though i would like to see Gray getting more game time ahead of him

More a Mahrez replacement than an Albrighton replacement for me. You need balance and different ways of attacking and albrighton provides that even if it doesn't come off. Gray could have been on the bench but we already had three strikers on the bench so my guess is claudio went for Schlupp as defensive cover.

Gray is 20 years old playing for the english champions who were playing in the champions league. He's no right to expect automatic selection yet.

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

It was Vardy's cross which set up Mahrez's goal. How many times has an Albrighton cross from the left led to a goal. Even though he plays every game i can't remember. On top of that i'm quoting your stats that show Albrighton had a terrible game going forward, to add to his appalling cross stats, he had a long ball success ratio of 37.5%. Granted he has excellent work rate and is a decent defender, but if thats all the qualities we want from our 1st choice LW then we might as well play Chillwell there, atleast he can cross. Vardy's way below his form of last season, as are most of the squad, but thats no excuse for Albrighton's lack of form. Like it or not he's not playing well.

On the subject of Demarai, its a strange one. Claudio rated him enough to put him on as a sub last season in some very important games, so the fact he's not even getting that chance now is strange. If we don't see him on the bench against Palace, it could spell danger.

6 minutes ago, sm1 said:

It was Vardy's cross which set up Mahrez's goal. How many times has an Albrighton cross from the left led to a goal. Even though he plays every game i can't remember. On top of that i'm quoting your stats that show Albrighton had a terrible game going forward, to add to his appalling cross stats, he had a long ball success ratio of 37.5%. Granted he has excellent work rate and is a decent defender, but if thats all the qualities we want from our 1st choice LW then we might as well play Chillwell there, atleast he can cross. Vardy's way below his form of last season, as are most of the squad, but thats no excuse for Albrighton's lack of form. Like it or not he's not playing well.

On the subject of Demarai, its a strange one. Claudio rated him enough to put him on as a sub last season in some very important games, so the fact he's not even getting that chance now is strange. If we don't see him on the bench against Palace, it could spell danager.

I find a disgrace he wasn't even on the bench let alone in the 11 if we lose him we will regret it i just really hope he plays on Saturday wot can someone do to get especially with the the other lw playing so poorly all the time 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

before the game?  really? that would be a problem for Claudio to sort out then. doesn't see very 'band of brothers' if true !

I met a friend before the game who had been waiting near the car park. He told me that at around 6.30pm or so he'd seen Gray leave the players' entrance, get in his car and zoom off looking very unhappy indeed. 

We won the game, where's the problem... if we hadn't won and one of the players Demarai would've played instead of played shit then there'd be a problem, but there isn't. I think on the radio at the end he answered it fine - he chose Schlupp and Musa instead and obviously felt they were more of a threat to Copenhagen than Demi would have been.

1 hour ago, Barky said:

More a Mahrez replacement than an Albrighton replacement for me. You need balance and different ways of attacking and albrighton provides that even if it doesn't come off. Gray could have been on the bench but we already had three strikers on the bench so my guess is claudio went for Schlupp as defensive cover.

Gray is 20 years old playing for the english champions who were playing in the champions league. He's no right to expect automatic selection yet.

In hindsight this is pretty accurate.

I like many, wanted Mahrez & Gray to start, but I think we'd have conceded as neither are great defensively.

However on Radio Leicester, Ranieri said Amartey was the defensive cover for the wing and Schlupp was the attacking option.

This is a problem which Ranieri has created through not giving the younger players and squad players much chance to impress. I said it last year that in the Everton and Chelsea games we should have given Chilwell, Gray and Amartey game time to show what they can do and impress. We didn't do that and we nearly lost Chilwell in the summer, got an unhappy winger who for some reason can't get in the team even after scoring a great goal against Man U and other wingers being out of form. Amartey I think has played ok but maybe by playing him against Everton and Chelsea we might have been aware of his lack of confidence away from home and pushed a bit harder to get another midfielder.

People keep saying that they aren't ready, well how do you expect then to develop without game time. People critisise Chelsea for loaning youth out but at least they get games.

2 minutes ago, smr said:

We won the game, where's the problem... if we hadn't won and one of the players Demarai would've played instead of played shit then there'd be a problem, but there isn't. I think on the radio at the end he answered it fine - he chose Schlupp and Musa instead and obviously felt they were more of a threat to Copenhagen than Demi would have been.

But what if Demi played and we scored 2 or 3 goals from his play resulting in a more comfortable margin? Albrighton has been below form in most games this season and its vital younger players get game time to develop and improve their flaws. If the bit in bold is what he said then Gray has every single right to be pissed off. Musa has shown flashes of ability and only been here a while so I wont judge him but ever since we rejected the bid for Schlupp he doesn't seem to care at all and hardly runs anymore. Compare Schlupp against Chelsea to Gray against Man U and tell me who had the greater impact. This is coming from someone who has supported Schlupp for the last few years.

People say he doesn't defend but how many last ditch tackles has he put in and how much work has he done tracking back since he has been here?

His latest Instagram post is throwing major shade at the club. He's in a Birmingham City kit sitting on the pitch looking dejected, with the caption "TB" - (throwback?)

What's funny is that the players who have liked the post are Loftus-Cheek, Musa, Chillwell, and Lew Baker!

His whole Instagram account is littered with 'trust the process' and 'patience is key' etc. 

Shut the **** up then, trust the process and be patient. 

You're never going to just waltz into the position of a PFA player overnight. 

He's had opportunity - he played against Porto, against Man U. Not bad game-time in all honestly.

I AGREE that he should be starting but it'll come to him when it's right.  

Getting your knickers in a twist on twitter ain't gonna help.

Just now, Albert said:

His exclusion isn't down to his obvious skill & ability it's down to his application & attitude.

Needs to learn fast that he's not made it yet, get his head down, work hard and his chance will come 

I'm sure that seemed obvious enough to anyone who follows him on social media. You could just sense it from his constant not so cryptic stuff.

If he has an attitude problem then that's probably because he's been hanging around with Jack Grealish too much. 

Though I'd also be frustrated if I saw my team mates putting in turgid performances and I still am not getting a look in.

It's a tough one. 

On the one hand, he has every right to be frustrated. He's put in some good performances/cameos, and the people getting in ahead of him are not in great form at all. If he can't get in when they're playing poorly, then what chance does he have?

On the other hand, that doesn't mean you can act like an entitled cockwomble.

I think all of us that have seen one of his social media accounts get that he has a bit of an attitude, which really isn't surprising for a footballer. Arrogance and confidence are pretty much the same for these guys. I get that he'd be fuming after having Schlupp start over him and then not named to the bench. But Jesus kid, that rumor about him storming out is basically suicidal. I think he'll be expected to come straight into the side when AFCON starts, but I think we need to find him more football now which is why I though a loan to the upper Championship or lower Prem was best for him this fall. But he shouldn't find more football or be named to the bench Saturday for his temper tantrums. You can't give a crying baby what he wants.

Archived