Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Champions league: Who do we want?

If my understanding of how this whole thing works is correct, we have a slightly higher percentage chance of getting Real Madrid than a team like Benfica. Logically it makes the most sense that, since were in such poor form, we should want to play at least one giant in the champion's league, because we are not likely to advance either way. What a story that would be. Leicester city hosting Real Madrid with a chance to advance to the quarterfinals. 

But i just know, that when they pull one of the balls from the hopper, I'm going to be hoping it's someone more like Bayer Leverkusen or Benfica. Lets save the likes of Madrid for the quarterfinals lol

Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

If we get Benfica or Leverkusen, and bow out 2-3 nil on aggregate, it would be such a flat ending to an amazing journey.

A huge tie against a Real Madrid at the Bernabeu or Bayern at the Allianz, would be incredible and we would be huge underdogs and just go for it, with no fear and just enjoy the huge occassion.

I say lets get the glamour tie of our dreams, while it is still on offer, otherwise we could end up being the bore tie of the last 16 and go out with a whimper... 

On 12/07/2016 at 22:38, Koke said:

Sevilla, Benfica or Leverkusn please. 

We'dprobably get battered by all those sides anyway.

Be interesting to know the usual away allocations for them teams. I am guessing Real Madrid away allocation is huge although would have to buy a telescope to see the match.

14 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Be interesting to know the usual away allocations for them teams. I am guessing Real Madrid away allocation is huge although would have to buy a telescope to see the match.

Nah their ground isn't too bad from high up. I would rather get Bayern for selfish reasons as ive been to Madrid 3x but never been to Germany.

On Sunday I am scouting out all of the flights and accommodation so come the draw I can book them straight away. Benfica will cost about £100 flight and hotel for 2 nights and Munich probably about £250 for a semi decent hotel from what I can make out.

Does it matter?

On one hand you want the 'easier' draw in terms of progression, on the other if we're going out regardless (Which on current form we will, anyone would beat us at the moment) then we may aswell have a decent, glamourous team.

TBH I'd say we'd raise our game more if we got a glamourous, decent team.

Problem with drawing one of the glamour sides is that the tie will/could be over after the first leg and the home tie will be a massive ante climax

Imagine Real coming to the KP 4-0 up ?? What kind of atmosphere will it be ?   I would hope we would still be in the tie if we drew benfica or Leverkusen

the last 8 we could get one of the big boys home tie first 

What is annoying is people thinking that if we draw a very talented team and believing there's no chance of Leicester getting anything in the first away tie.

As if there's no point in supporting the team anymore, and writing the player's chances off in first instance (particularly in a competition where we've thrived barring one dead-rubber game)?

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What is annoying is people thinking that if we draw a very talented team and believing there's no chance of Leicester getting anything in the first away tie.

As if there's no point in supporting the team anymore, and writing the player's chances off in first instance (particularly in a competition where we've thrived barring one dead-rubber game)?

Honestly even though we have finished top of the group have we thrived? Don't get me wrong I think its incredible that we have won a group in the champions league but at home to Porto they had us under the cosh and were unlucky not to grab a point at the end when they hit the post, home to CPH was a similar story as was Bruges and then away to CPH we defo didn't thrive lol.

The above plus current form makes me think if we draw one of the big boys then it could end up being a massacre. That said, would be incredible banter to play 442 away to RM with King and Amartey in the middle.

Archived