Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

FC Porto (a) 5-0 loss post-match thread

Think Man City will be bad wait until we play Bournemouth next midweek.

They will rip us to smithereens. 5-0 defeat for definite while we play 4-4-2 with Amartey and King.

I can accept losing away in a game where we've got nothing to play for but the opposition have. What I can't accept is being made to look like a bunch of amateurs. Tonight was an opportunity to try something new and see if we could address any of the issues that we've been happening. Instead we just played exactly the same just with a few players changed. Awful. 

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I can accept losing away in a game where we've got nothing to play for but the opposition have. What I can't accept is being made to look like a bunch of amateurs. Tonight was an opportunity to try something new and see if we could address any of the issues that we've been happening. Instead we just played exactly the same just with a few players changed. Awful. 

agree 100%

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure what some expected when the manager clearly not bothered about the result and playing against a team that had to win. saying we made no effort first half is interesting - we covered two km further than they did in that period. 

We didnt need anyone to pick up an injury but drinks has and it could be a lengthy one.

we learnt that many of our second string aren't ready for this intensity of football. 

on the the plus side , sporting are out so silva might be available next month !

and we could now get Madrid in the last sixteen

Yes, usually by running backwards.

I don't see anything fanciful in drawing the likes of Real Madrid next week. :D

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Can we get  Andrea Bocelli back before CR goes

I can just hear it now!!

Time to lose again
Paesi che non ho mai
Veduto e vissuto con te
Adesso sì li vivrò
Con te partirò
Su navi per mari
Che, io lo so
No, no, non esistono più
its Time to lose again 

Time to say goodbye

2 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I assume that anyone of the last 16 will be rubbing their hands at the opportunity to play us.

Can we muster a team to stop the rot?

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan ANO Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi Drinkwater Grey

Okazaki Vardy

Ano is our only hope! 

I saw three positives things: 

- Gray: with a little less greed he can become a real threat. He could be gone in january though. Curious to see him there and Mahrez on the left side.

- Mendy: short off competition but what I saw from him makes me hope for the good.

- Barnes: he really deserves a bit more game time. 

The rest fully justifies why CR is sticking to his usual suspects. But he's now walking on very thin ice . 

Hopefully DD isn't seriously injured.

6 minutes ago, Spicer said:

This result has been coming for ages with how shit we have been all season

Exactly, this result had been coming since Liverpool away. Unless CR stops his obsession with 442 we're getting relegated.

Jeff-Abysmal (no effort, needs to be sold)

Mendy-Abysmal (first game back from injury so can be forgiven slightly)

Chillwell-poor (young and inexperienced, can be slightly forgiven)

Was-Abysmal (hasn't played much, no good enough at this level, needs to be sold)

Musa-Abysmal (seems a waste of money at present, but didn't get much service)

Gray-Poor (tried to make things happen but had limited options when he had the ball).

Hamer-(Did very well at taking the ball out of the back of the net 5 times)

Hernandez-Abysmal (Poor signing, poor player).

Ulloah-OK.

None of the above made a claim for a first team spot.  The team as a whole lacked effort, creativity, passion and commitment. I feel sorry for the 2500 fans that went to that game tonight and watched that complete load of dross.  Slightly embarrassing.

The runner-up teams that we're eligible to play against in the last-16 would put double figures against us, given the way we are performing at the moment.

We really messed up in the summer, by not recruiting top quality players all over the pitch. Players that would have enabled us to compete and perform much better in both the Premier League and Champions League (yes I know we went through to the knockouts)!!!

Preparations for this season should really have begun from the moment the victory parade ended!!!

Archived