Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Just been to Future of the Left in Cambridge.  Not knowing too much about them beyond what I could find on Youtube I was a little disappointed that they didn't play The Hope that House Built but they did play Manchasm and I did get a t-shirt with a cat on it so I'll call that a win.

Oh and the ending was manic:  During the breakdown at the end of the final song the lead singer nonchalantly dismantled the drum kit while the drummer was playing it, the drummer then proceeds to sit on his bass drum so he can play it and stretch out to what other bits of his kit were still within reach (donating one of his sticks to a member of the crowd so they could hit the ride cymbal for him - there was no gap between stage and crowd) while the lead guy rubs his guitar's strings against the rim of one of the snares in some bizarre sliding technique and the backup guitarist is just going nuts on his own with his guitar behind his head.  Meanwhile I look over at the bassist and she's just jamming out like nothing strange is happening. lol

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

The Slam Dunk 2017 lineup looks pretty good. anyone going?

Wanted to go mainly because of the Enter Shikari ten year anniversary but I'm not too bothered about the rest of the lineup so I'm probably likely to give it a miss. Next up for me and the Mrs is A Day to Remember at Cardiff MA in January.

On 29/11/2016 at 11:38, TiffToff88 said:

The Slam Dunk 2017 lineup looks pretty good. anyone going?

I was disappointed I couldn't make it to this years because of work I had on at the time but I don't fancy it next year based on the lineup so far!

Enter Shikari are good live but it's a pretty underwhelming line up for me. I mean Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish? I don't have anything against any of them and I've Less Than Jake and they were right good fun, but those 3 bands aren't Slam Dunk material imo.

On 12/9/2016 at 19:09, ajthefox said:

I was disappointed I couldn't make it to this years because of work I had on at the time but I don't fancy it next year based on the lineup so far!

Enter Shikari are good live but it's a pretty underwhelming line up for me. I mean Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish? I don't have anything against any of them and I've Less Than Jake and they were right good fun, but those 3 bands aren't Slam Dunk material imo.

Dno if you've been before but they have 5 or 6 stages, so there's plenty of genre's and about 60/70 bands over the day. So I wouldn't read too much into the early announcement. Preferred 2015 to 2016 as I was on main stage all day which meant we could prop up near the main stage bar and drink in the sun. We were all over the shop last year though.

So glad the main stage is the arena though, Shikari's playing the first album in full will be special.