Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

That's all we need. We have others that can do the rest.

Have you actually watched us play? We are infinitely worse when we don't have the movement of Vardy AND Nugent up front. Working incredibly hard for the team from the front and getting goals.

We don't expect our centre backs to score or assist, if they do it's an added bonus.

I also don't expect them to stand around doing **** all when the ball isn't at their feet, I expect them to be tracking runs, marking their men etc

If we had someone like Rhodes or similar to Yakubu who only did was "score goals" and that stopped then you have a right to moan.

Really because with Beckford it was blamed on everyone but him for not scoring goals whilst he was also doing **** all else.

Only seen him in the two play off games against Derby, and the Forest game.  On that basis I didn't see what Pearson obviously see's in him. He did not look anything more than an average championship centre forward in those games.  Frankly I am abit worried about this one. Forget the money for a minute, the player himself just looks like a very very big gamble to take. This could make or break our season. :sweating: 

On the basis of seeing to games you wonder what our scouts see in him? Dear lord.

On the basis of seeing to games you wonder what our scouts see in him? Dear lord.

It was actually three games, if you read my post you dullard, but as you can't even spell ((TWO)) you better not try spelling ((THREE)).. :thumbup:

It was actually three games, if you read my post you dullard, but as you can't even spell ((TWO)) you better not try spelling ((THREE)).. :thumbup:

Oh SORRY three games, I retract the statement. You are now fully qualified to have an opinion on a player whom scouts have probably watched hours on end of.

The man moaning about an autocorrect spelling error calling someone else a dullard  lol   lol   lol   lol 

Apologies accepted, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Should Derby not get promoted, Chris Martin would be a far better option.

PS. It's an edit button, but you would not know that being a FVCKIN DULLARD!!!!!!

Apologies accepted, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Should Derby not get promoted, Chris Martin would be a far better option.

PS. It's an edit button, but you would not know that being a FVCKIN DULLARD!!!!!!

Edit edit edit... edit out the mistakes quick!

Good boy, that's right bab's well done, it's called an edit button, WOW! ...So pleased for you.

Your a quick learner I'll say that for you. :thumbup:

There's usually a space between an ellipsis and the following part, too.

Players in England get hyped up and their price tag get's too big, this has happened with Ulloa, he is a player I like, the type of player we need, but £7 million is not worth it, when you could get someone younger, has scored just as many goals the past season, with better potential, for the same amount, or less.

Not worth it, the place to look is abroad, and with Walsh's scouting record I think he can pluck someone out.

That's all we need. We have others that can do the rest.

We don't expect our centre backs to score or assist, if they do it's an added bonus.

If we had someone like Rhodes or similar to Yakubu who only did was "score goals" and that stopped then you have a right to moan.

Having a striker that can score around 15 goals a season is priceless. Look at Bony at Swansea, without his goals I'm they would've been in a very close relegation battle.

Not really

Our whole team is based around Nugent & Vardy putting a shift in, not allowing opposing CBs & CDMs a second on the ball to pick passes out & set up meaningful attacks, replacing either of them with a goal hanger just wouldn't aid our team as much as you might think a couple of 'extra' goals would.

Why do people keep going on about NP's style.

Where has he ever had the sort of money he has at the moment (possibly )

He's never had it here before and he never had it at Dull so he could only spend / purchase within the budget he had.

If top has given him 30/40mil why would he not spend 7mill on a player.

We are going to need some proven quality and need any purchase to hit the ground running.

He can't buy another Vardy and give him next season as a warm up like he did with Vardy.

Thank **** for this, some common sense at long last.

I've been amazed how everyone assumes that they know what Pearson will do and spend when he's never been in the position to spend big bucks before.

The more I think about it the less likely I think we will spend much on a striker. I think Nige will place a lot of faith in Nuge and Vardy to cover the position with perhaps one more unproven addition as back-up with Wood.

Got to be someone in this list which fits that bill http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers Maybe spend £3m max.

I'm getting the feeling / hoping we are filling in the edges of the squad with decent but not expensive players to bulk out the quality and the money will then go on the spine of the team with a quality CB, CM and ST.

Ullo won't be a starter he doesn't fit the style that has served us well I'd guess. But as a plan B big man option I can see why they would like him. 5 strikers Nuge, Wood, Vardy, Ulloa and New man would give options.

Now that's just trying to put to and to together to....... lol  lol  lol  lol

Archived