Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Blackpool and our old mate Hollaway got the same media "love" when they came up and look where they are now! Mind you Bournemouth's owners appear to be more fiscally cautious than that lunatic family that own Blackpool FC.

Surely they are the very definition of fiscally cautious. They don't spend any money on Blackpool FC.

Yes Bournemouth have played and fought courageously in the first two games against Villa and Liverpool. But, they've accumulated 0 points. The Premiership is all about results, and we're already 6 points ahead of one of our 'relegation rivals' which will be awfully hard to recover

Bournemouth remind me of us last season actually, hard working and pacey but lacking quality in the final third, and also getting horrible refereeing decisions against them.

Think we were better personally. They don't have a finisher like we did in Ulloa

Bournemouth remind me of us last season actually, hard working and pacey but lacking quality in the final third, and also getting horrible refereeing decisions against them.

I see what you're saying, and if you look at it that way a lot will depend on whether Wilson can grow into a Premier League player like Vardy did. But what they don't have is an Ulloa, someone who'll might not be spectacular, but will get double figures. They need a decent goal scorer to compliment Wilson this season

Blackpool and our old mate Hollaway got the same media "love" when they came up and look where they are now! Mind you Bournemouth's owners appear to be more fiscally cautious than that lunatic family that own Blackpool FC.

Difference was everyone predicted Blackpool to go down and be shit and their open attacking football and taking a few early scalps earned them a lot of praise.

Bournemouth have done nothing to earn their praise yet. We were heavily tipped to go down and earned praise and plaudits by taking on Everton, Arsenal, winning points and scoring goals, of course then came Man United game and then the slump.

The issue most people have is that based on history of small clubs from towns getting to the premier league for the first time, they struggle and normally get relegated. Swindon, Barnsley, Blackpool, Burnley, Watford even clubs from bigger cities struggle in their first season in the premier league, us, Hull, Cardiff, Sunderland, Charlton, West Brom, Wolves. Some teams manage one season before relegation Hull, Bradford, Reading. The exceptions have been Wigan and Swansea.

There are probably more that I have forgotten, but all logic, statistics and history predicts Bournemouth will struggle. So it is baffling that they are being predicted to do better than Norwich and Watford who have a lot more top flight experience and history and clubs that survived last year.

They are perfoing as expected at the moment, no points and no goals it is just baffling that people paid to know their stuff about football can get so caught up in the romanticism of plucky little Bournemouth doing well that they would predict anything other than bottom 4.

Nugent would have been such a good signing for Bournemouth. They are desperately lacking in 'know-how' up top. Having said that, they fought well and  looked like they believe in the project. They have good pace and energy.  However, I would expect us to beat them, but we will have to be good. We are living proof that you underestimate anyone in this league at your own peril.

Can't believe anyone is getting annoyed over the coverage Bournemouth are getting. We had one of those mini-documentaries on us last season lol

So have they, it was on last night; 'Bournemouth: Bust to Big Time'

The difference is everyone had us to go down even though we stormed in Championship and achieved over 100 points. Whereas they're like South Coast Dortmund circa 2011 and will easily stay up apparently with their incredible brand of football.

2 games, 2 defeats, 0 goals and they still can't do any wrong   

So have they, it was on last night; 'Bournemouth: Bust to Big Time'

The difference is everyone had us to go down even though we stormed in Championship and achieved over 100 points. Whereas they're like South Coast Dortmund circa 2011 and will easily stay up apparently with their incredible brand of football.

2 games, 2 defeats, 0 goals and they still can't do any wrong   

That's my point. Would people rather they focus on the typical media bullshit surrounding whatever Mourinho has said? They're a new team, it's a good story. 

That's my point. Would people rather they focus on the typical media bullshit surrounding whatever Mourinho has said? They're a new team, it's a good story. 

Ah fair enough I misunderstood,

I said in my original post that I really admire Bournemouth and it's not the fact they're getting Media Coverage per se. It's what it is,

They will struggle this season, I knew that, they probably knew that and nothing I've seen so far makes me think any different. In fact it strengthens it. However despite losing both games and not even scoring a goal they are still being praised. Pre-season is the time for praising what happened last season and what a great story it is. Now is the time for a real stuff but its still the honeymoon period for the media apparently (I sure Howe views it very different), losing to Villa at home and a shocking Liverpool side without scoring and not one tiny piece of cricisim anywhere. If we lose to Spurs on Saturday, Ranieri will be favourite for the sack again

I would love Bournemouth to do well, not as well as us, but I would like them, Watford and Norwich to stay up with any 3 from West Brom, Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle going down. All logic dictates that that won't happen and most likely those clubs that are just playing turgid football and treading water in the premier league. Will survive due to experience.

Ah fair enough I misunderstood,

I said in my original post that I really admire Bournemouth and it's not the fact they're getting Media Coverage per se. It's what it is,

They will struggle this season, I knew that, they probably knew that and nothing I've seen so far makes me think any different. In fact it strengthens it. However despite losing both games and not even scoring a goal they are still being praised. Pre-season is the time for praising what happened last season and what a great story it is. Now is the time for a real stuff but its still the honeymoon period for the media apparently (I sure Howe views it very different), losing to Villa at home and a shocking Liverpool side without scoring and not one tiny piece of cricisim anywhere. If we lose to Spurs on Saturday, Ranieri will be favourite for the sack again

Yeah I know what you mean. I actually think they did ok last night and could've won 1-0 themselves, if the decisions went differently. They certainly didn't stink the place out like a lot of newly promoted sides can. I agree about the Villa result though, they're the sort of team they should be expecting to beat. 

Blackpool also had no Russian backing them. I'm no Holloway fan but what he did with that squad was pretty miraculous. No idea how it all clicked so well for them.

Bournemouth's story is good but Blackpool going up was a far bigger surprise for me.

Archived