Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Well if that is the case they should withdraw their offer and let the player know they can't compete.  That should remove the players confusion and preference to play there.

I am sure Rudi didn't quite say that. :whistle:

I am sure Rudi didn't quite say that. :whistle:

Only saying what they should do if that is what is being said.  Any way they clearly are turning the head of the player with an inferior bid to his club, they should withdraw rather than hold up the deal.  They have lost on the bid and need to move on.

Bayer sporting director Rudi Völler wants in courting Charles Aránguiz (26, photo) of Porte Alegre reloading again. "We want the players and be sure to again reach out to Internacional Porto Alegre to find a good solution for both sides," said Völler of "image".

In addition to Leverkusen and the English first division side Leicester City is working on an obligation of the Chilean midfielder. According to reports, the Premier League club offered 15 million euros for Aránguiz 'services.

Charles Aránguiz

C. Aránguiz

Central Midfield

Bayer 04 Leverkusen 62% Rumour Mill

Unless Völler probably will not go: "We will not any fable-transfer fee, which is set in the world to pay." Aránguiz should prefer a move to Bayer. Compatriot and ex-Bayer Senior Arturo Vidal had advised the transfer to him.

Charles Aránguiz

C. Aránguiz

Central Midfield

€ 9.5 million

MARKET VALUE

Aránguiz current contract with his Brazilian employers still runs until 2018, his market value in the TM database amounts to 9.5 million euros.

Filbo, this sums things up nicely mate, how about we use it as the "final" post on his protracted topic, let the next post be a, he`s signed / not signing statement,  this post will self destruct in 3 minutes to let this happen !

must admit to getting bored of this now.

if he doesn't want to come then fu*k him..................................next!

if its just options .."I prefer Germany but if not then premiership"....................................... then fab and keep plugging away

either way i applaud the clubs ambition..there is nothing embarrassing about trying to get the best possible players 

True but if he is forcing there hand for money or he really wants BL should we still be chasing him.

In my mind NO he will have a bad attitude either way.

And how long will it take him to settle if he really don't want us or is just chasing ££££££££££ notes.

to be honest, I'm not sure.....if the circumstances are truly as they appear to be from some reports and he has heart set elsewhere, then i would say no lets move on. The thing is though, surely those involved from the club in chasing the deal down  would have the same mentality, which in turn makes me wonder whether, the fact, things are not quite as binary as they are being reported. Its clutching at straws a bit I know...but just speculating; surely we wouldn't still be trying to sign a player who has clearly stated to our reps that he does not want to come under any circumstances.

There is a lot on this post saying that if he doesn't want here as his first choice then let's not go for him. I can understand that sentiment but also consider the idea that we may not be his first choice right now but maybe if he came here, made some friends in the squad, got to know the ground, facilities and the city he may adapt and may grow fonder of it all. I don't know all the clubs in all the leagues in the world so maybe I would just look at recent positions of teams in their respective leagues and current European competition opportunities and presume that is where I want to go without really knowing until I am there. He may end in Germany and not like it there, he may end up in England and not like it there or he may move to either and like it there. I imagine he doesn't really know until he has been at either for a bit of time.

It also got me wondering to how many players we have had over the years where we were not their first choice but they ended up here and we never knew?

They grew to love it, we grew to love them. Maybe. Who knows?

There is a lot on this post saying that if he doesn't want here as his first choice then let's not go for him. I can understand that sentiment but also consider the idea that we may not be his first choice right now but maybe if he came here, made some friends in the squad, got to know the ground, facilities and the city he may adapt and may grow fonder of it all. I don't know all the clubs in all the leagues in the world so maybe I would just look at recent positions of teams in their respective leagues and current European competition opportunities and presume that is where I want to go without really knowing until I am there. He may end in Germany and not like it there, he may end up in England and not like it there or he may move to either and like it there. I imagine he doesn't really know until he has been at either for a bit of time.

It also got me wondering to how many players we have had over the years where we were not their first choice but they ended up here and we never knew?

They grew to love it, we grew to love them. Maybe. Who knows?

wise.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=503&h=50

probably

Any player with options to join champion league clubs in the big European leagues will never has us as first choice.

If we limit ourselves to players who want to come here as their first choice then we'll only ever get players of limited ability.

If Aranguiz comes here we won't be his first choice but you can only stay pissed off for a certain amount of time. He'll soon come round, try his best and if he's as good as he thinks he is then we'll struggle to fend off interest from bigger clubs and he'll get his move in a year or two.

There are very few cases were both of the following are true:

• We are a player's first choice
  • The player is our first choice

So for those situations where only one of those applies, we're left with a decision. We either compromise on ability to ensure an easy transfer, although we most likely won't progress as a result, or we try and convince a quality player to 'give us a chance' as it were, and come here anyway.

The only way we can improve as a club and start to attract more players is by getting a few bigger signings in to start with.

It's a shame Cambiasso didn't stay - more for this reason than footballing reasons in my eyes - but once we start bringing in one or two players like CA then it'll become much easier in future to bring in players of his calibre and above.

The English people will know what I'm on about.

The London accent pronounces it like facking when it's still spelt with a "u". See the guy on 0-16 who has a proper London accent.

haha i'm so stupid.

I thought it was about that, but for some reason i asked about the weather.

If he's better than King, bring him in.

I somehow doubt that he is, and sounds a greedy bugger.

I'm starting to warm to the King & Kante partnership.

Come on...

A) You doubt that a guy who has 40 caps for Chile and is wanted by a German champions league club is better than King?

B) If he was greedy he would have taken the huge amount of money we're offering. He simply wants to go to a bigger club than us.  

Archived