Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Leicester Match Of The Day Thread 2015/2016

I thought the criterion is "denying a goal-scoring opportunity", in which case it was a certain red card offence.

not when there were 2 defenders also running back and Vardy wasn't really going towards goal (more so towards the touchline).

Correct decision was made I think. 

not when there were 2 defenders also running back and Vardy wasn't really going towards goal (more so towards the touchline).

People keep mentioning the defenders running back but there's usually a goalkeeper in goal when this is taken into account.

Even if Vardy's going away from goal, the fact it's an open goal if he gets past Gomes must count for something.

As far as I can remember, the defenders were still behind Vardy, rather than between him and the goal, so that consideration isn't relevant. Had the keeper not brought Vardy down he would have continued his run to the ball and smacked it into an unguarded net.

N

ot saying your wrong about this but what I don't understand about this rule is how come Vardy was tripped, fair enough he's going away from goal and there were covering defenders, and it's a yellow card for Gomez. I'd still say though he was more likely to score than not.

Martial for united was through on goal, Macauley brings him down and it's a read card. The keeper is in the goal and the angel was getting tighter.

How can a referee assume that a defender is more likely the stop a goal from being scored than a goal keeper is.

team goals very rarely given the attention & reward they deserve.

Most likely be Sanchez's goal vs Man Utd to win. Was a great foal to be fair.

This gave him a colt following, and there are a couple of old Nags on the panel.

So I think it's a shoe in.

Archived