Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Leicester Match Of The Day Thread 2015/2016

Just watching MOTD back this morning and I swear, when the camera pans onto Woy after Vardy's record-breaking goal, the saggy eyed sod looks AWKWARD... He doesn't look happy, there's no smile,just a little rye grin as if to say 'I WISH that was Rooney, not Vardy'.

I'm not making this up, go back and have a look.

My thoughts exactly.  It was a "Oh great, how can I drop him now" sort of look.

Just watching MOTD back this morning and I swear, when the camera pans onto Woy after Vardy's record-breaking goal, the saggy eyed sod looks AWKWARD... He doesn't look happy, there's no smile,just a little rye grin as if to say 'I WISH that was Rooney, not Vardy'.

When are we going to get an England manager who can pick a team based on form? Most would pick Rooney no matter how obese and useless he gets.

It's like there was a huge reluctant smile as if to say 'why does he have to keep fvcking scoring goals?' whilst outwardly thinking 'smile for the camera'. 

It's like there was a huge reluctant smile as if to say 'why does he have to keep fvcking scoring goals?' whilst outwardly thinking 'smile for the camera'.

As I said in the match thread, I thought Roy looked almost embarrassed...

I noticed this too, they could have put a little thought bubble next to his stupid head that said "I'm only here because Spurs aren't playing today"

I noticed this too, they could have put a little thought bubble next to his stupid head that said "I'm only here because Spurs aren't playing today"

Amazing really. You would have thought the manager of the England team, with a big tournament looming would be OVER THE MOON to have a striker in this form..

He looked anything other...

Thought the analysis was poor this week. Heavily bias towards United and no mention of the foul on Okazaki which was covered extensively by Sky. They missed quite a few of our chances in the highlights wreal and made it look like United dominated and we were lucky for a draw.

Am I the only one that never really thought they threatened us at all? They had a lot of possession second half, but did naff all with it.

In terms of commentators yes, someone needs to put Motty out to pasture. Grew up listening to him commentate in the late 90s and early 00s, watch him back then and compare him to now, it's actually quite sad to hear his decline.

I like Pearce but only live (though he had an absolute mare at the World Cup which was almost unforgivable!) he's not as good on highlights with no co-comm to bounce off. If only he reverted back to his Channel 5, excitable self!

The BBC's commentator list is getting ever thinner in terms of quality. Outside of Wilson, Brotherton and Mowbray you have Pearce and then the also-rans; Martin Fisher, Bower, heck they even have to draft in Alan Green every so often when there are a lot of games. Totally understandable though as they have no football outside of the WC, Euros, FA Cup and PL highlights, but it's still turgid. I'll never forget Martin Fisher's underwhelming commentary on last season's 5-3 game. One of the greatest comebacks in our history and he seemed to describe it like a 2-0 win.

Wasn't so worried about the analysis from Saturday either, myself. There was always going to be a focus on United after Vardy, and Sky could cover the Okazaki foul extensively cause they had half an hour after the game to talk about it. Trunkated analysis is the norm with MOTD, sometimes you wish they wouldn't bother and show more highlights!

Thought the analysis was poor this week. Heavily bias towards United and no mention of the foul on Okazaki which was covered extensively by Sky. They missed quite a few of our chances in the highlights wreal and made it look like United dominated and we were lucky for a draw.

Am I the only one that never really thought they threatened us at all? They had a lot of possession second half, but did naff all with it.

No I said the same in the post match thread. Utd are nowhere near the team they were under Ferguson. I genuinely couldn't see them scoring at all from open play as they didn't threaten at all. I was bitterly disappointed when they scored from a corner and I too thought

Okazaki had been fouled. It's ok having loads of possession but if you do not threaten with it whats the point?

We had the best three shots on target to their two one of which was their goal. How, Van Gaal, Shweinsteiger and their fans can seriously think they deserved to win the game I just Don't know. Deluded all of them. Chew on them sour grapes a little more please, cos it's great. Champions league your having a laugh.

I'm glad someone else noticed woys weaction. It was criminal to be honest. An Englishman breaks the Premier League scoring record and he looks like he's just found a turd in his sandwich. What an absolute cvnt.

I do wonder whether it's because he's just seen one of his first choice centre backs rinsed by a simple diagonal run? If one of my defenders was getting beaten so easily I'd be worried

Archived