Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Kante must start next game

This chap is my new favourite player... Was everywhere, no surprise on today's showing how he was the top tackler in Europe last season, and gave us a platform to perform. Would like to see the 11 who finished this game to start against Stoke

It's not just his tackles/interceptions that I find impressive. 

It's the speed and accuracy with which he moves the ball on once he's got it.

He's often doing this in tight situations and often manages to make a positive, forward pass, not just an easy, sideways ball.

It's very early days, but if he can play at this level on anything approaching a consistent basis, he's going to be a very good player indeed.

Brilliant player, picked their pockets numerous times, can't ever remember us having a player do that so well.

The tinkerman will choose the right players for the right situation, that's his game. I would think he starts with Kante away at Stoke where we would need to break up the play and hit them on the break.

He has to start, he has looked very influential in every game for us so far and yesterday was unbelievable. Whether it was right time, right place but he seemed to be the main reason we got something from the game. He was winning balls, pressing non-stop and basically brain fcuking Aston Villa in to mistakes and then we just went for the kill. He is absolutely perfect for us, and let Mahrez and Vardy keep getting all the praise because this little fella will win us points and points.

Big decisions for Claudio as he has to start and Drinkwater is getting stronger and stronger. Inler on reputation and stock alone is going to be difficult not to be picked, like it or not. Can we somehow shoe horn 3 in at Stoke and retain a strong attacking threat? Dyer is another who must be very tempting to start next week as he's so quick and direct. You wouldn't want to drop Albrighton but Dyer is rapid and perhaps harder to defend against on the counter than Marc?

Decisions to make, but what a position to be in.

Makes Neil Lennon look a complete novice at winning balls, extraordinary.

Can we somehow shoe horn 3 in at Stoke and retain a strong attacking threat?

Yep - 352. Would solve the issue of Huth looking vulnerable to pace and would allow us to either go with a solid midfield 3 (Inler - Kante - Drinks) or go for an attacking option of 2 from above and Mahrez in the hole. The second option would probably work better as there's no way Mahrez is disciplined enough to work as a wing back.

4-2-3-1 might also be an option to consider.

Either way it's a great position to be in and to have so many genuinely good players who have a wide enough skill set to adapt to different formations isn't something I remember seeing in my time supporting Leicester.

Yep - 352. Would solve the issue of Huth looking vulnerable to pace and would allow us to either go with a solid midfield 3 (Inler - Kante - Drinks) or go for an attacking option of 2 from above and Mahrez in the hole. The second option would probably work better as there's no way Mahrez is disciplined enough to work as a wing back.

4-2-3-1 might also be an option to consider.

Either way it's a great position to be in and to have so many genuinely good players who have a wide enough skill set to adapt to different formations isn't something I remember seeing in my time supporting Leicester.

I was thinking that, and to not lose Mahrez in this we play him off Vardy. It's quite a fluid formation. Could Nathan Dyer play as a wingback? He looks quite comfortable and direct both ends of the pitch.

Kante was incredible.

I don't see him as a replacement to Inler - I think they're different styles of player.

But if i had to choose between the two, right now, it's Kante.

I think Inler will come good, he showed some signs of great play, but he gave it away quite easily at times which was disappointing.  

The difference he made yesterday was incredible. He seemed to lift the whole team with his energy and desire to win the ball back.

His passing was top quality aswell.

For me in the short space of time he was on he was man of the match.

Archived