Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

The road to a 1st Place or 4th Place finish

We played first on Tuesday and didn't win. Spurs played first on Saturday and didn't win. Vardy admitted they knew the score and saw it as an opportunity to widen the gap. Seems to me the squad prefers reacting then!

Also, is it just me that worries more about our next 6 games and not the infamous final three matches? I'm not particularly worried about either Man Utd or Everton who leak goals at an alarming rate. Chelsea will likely have their focus elsewhere and despite their upturn in form they still look vulnerable. All three sides play a style that suits our team better anyway!

Statistics and projections are one thing.  Same exercise this time last year would have thrown up a seriously flawed picture.

Zlowly - zlowly.   One game at a time.   Do our stuff and forget what the others are doing. By far the most sensible policy whilst it is still in our own hands

Once you need 'snookers', OK then start to watch out for others.  

Statistics and projections are one thing.  Same exercise this time last year would have thrown up a seriously flawed picture.

Zlowly - zlowly.   One game at a time.   Do our stuff and forget what the others are doing. By far the most sensible policy whilst it is still in our own hands

Once you need 'snookers', OK then start to watch out for others.  

Yep. With 9 games to go last year we looked dead and buried - everyone knew we needed to win 7-9 of them to stay up and it looked impossible. The most optimistic people were saying "but 9 games is a quarter of the season - so much can change" 

So we do need to keep that in mind. 

Having said that, whilst I hope the players keep the 'one game at a time' mindset - there's nothing stopping us fans making our speculations - particularly one's backed up by the numbers like this. 

Funny how things, run themselves around in circles, leaving that last curve open, just to see if the ends meet

again...

last season 9 games dropped in our favour.

This season, the number hasnt yet been defined, but

it wont be 9, because we still have 5 points to play with.

The best thing, that can happen so at least the fans dont get jittery, is consistent

point taking.Winning the games the fans expect to win, but we all know the run in

wont follow that path.

I wonder how many fans, have taken up the Ranieri call. One game at a time, dont look

further than that last game final whistle.

For me I take that Ranieri words of wisdom, funny thing is I only look at and analyse the other

top 4 teams fixtures, as to where those clubs might or will drop points.

Stops the stress of expectation...Unlike some the ride of our best season I am enjoying , I want

this season to run and run, I obviously want us to win it come May, but I wont implode, or mention games, we should of, could of...We collectively 9 months ago, would of been extatic with anything from 16-6th.

We have gone even further, unless a massive collapse is put on us.The CL postion is ours .

The title still needs rightly to be fought for, forget silly fans forums and immature fans, our challengers, are 3 worthy oppenents, because the title wouldnt he worth winning,

if they were so bad as some fans on here would have us believe.

I dont mind the humerous banter, but I am old School,

continuous spitefull comments are not my game.

Just looked at the final games for the top 4 teams. WHU and Manu are not title contenders.

1 Leicester City     75 points Champions

2 Spurs                 74 points

3 Man city             73 points

4 Arsenal              71 points

Squeaky bum time

UPDATE after Watford,

ZzvZ6ab.png

I'm inclined to remove Man Utd, but whatever, I'll leave them on...for now.

So it's looking nailed on that 78 is the absolute maximum that'll be required to win the league, as we can see that Arsenal, Man City and Spurs can only drop 1, 2, and 4 points respectively, and get that many points. (see @@Benguin and @@Jordan - that's what I mean...)

Meaning that Arsenal have to win all their remaining games; Man City have to go W8 D1 L0, and Spurs would have to go W7 D2 L0. 

So we're almost certainly looking at 75-77 points being enough. Even looking at the other points totals doesn't look good for Arsenal. Draw just two games and they can only get a max of 75. Similarly if Man City draw 1 and lose 1 between now and the end of the season, they can only finish on 75 too. 

So itt's almost guaranteed to be us or Spurs then I suppose...? 

And here's the Run-In:

TJlJv7r.png

Spurs play twice between now and our next game - Dortmund and Villa. 

So we could be down to 'only' a 2pt lead again by the time we play. Which puts the pressure on us, depending on their result of course - but Villa are fodder...

But conversely we play again on the 19th and they play again on the 20th. So the mind games could get really interesting. 

In fact LCFC and Spurs play on the same day in only 3 of the remaining 9 leagues matches...

Z7PUNWA.png

Clearly you can make a case either way as to whether it's better to be playing first or second, and ultimately we've both got 9 games left so, so what?

But I think most will say it's better to have points on the board than games in hand. 

Us playing first 4 times out of 9 and Spurs only playing first 2 times, does give us a platform at least - each time we get a result it could put more pressure on Spurs - conversely of course, each time we drop points - they get the chance to react...

Looking forward to next update of this after tonight's result! The source file would be awesome to play with but I'm sure I would drive myself mad with what if scenarios! :)

UPDATE after NUFC:

vwutRFH.png

The run-in

bfc2Uz0.png

The run-in timing of matches:

G0xHBmU.png

So things are looking good!

We can very clearly claim that 78 will be the absolute maximum required to win the league. Man City and Arsenal can only achieve that total if they win all of their remaining games. 

Spurs can only achieve it if they drop on 4 points - or take 20 out of 24 points. Are they really going to go W6 D2 L0? Maybe. But even if they did we'd have to drop 9 or more points to lose the league to them. That's something like W5 D0 L3 or W4 D2 L2. All of those finishes do look perfectly possible for both teams - but when you see that we've dropped 27 points in 30 matches - (0.9 points per game) - are we going to drop 9 in 8 (1.12 points per game)?

I'm not so sure. It all looks pretty possible. 

But if we look to points needed - Let's say 78 is the MAX needed. We 'just' need to target 5 wins, or 4 and 3 draws. But even that is only 1 loss. 

Still very much to play for and despite the 5 points cushion, I think there's a real good case for either us or Spurs winning it. 

I do however think that the timing of the run in could prove to be MASSIVE for us. 

Just look at that last table! Only once between now and the end of the season will we play after Spurs. And even more importantly, for the home straight - the last 6 games - we play first or simultaneously EVERY fixture. That could prove to be invaluable.

Every time we get any sort of result - they HAVE to respond - pressure will be massive on them every game!

If we've got any sort of cushion by fixture 3 on that table (Sunderland Away April 10th) then it could look very bad for Spurs - they will go into every game with 5-8 points behind! 

Imagine how they'll feel if they are ever losing any of those games - not only looking down the barrel of a loss, but also knowing in the back of their minds that they are 5, 8 or maybe even 11 points behind us!

UPDATE after NUFC:

vwutRFH.png

The run-in

bfc2Uz0.png

The run-in timing of matches:

G0xHBmU.png

So things are looking good!

We can very clearly claim that 78 will be the absolute maximum required to win the league. Man City and Arsenal can only achieve that total if they win all of their remaining games. 

Spurs can only achieve it if they drop on 4 points - or take 20 out of 24 points. Are they really going to go W6 D2 L0? Maybe. But even if they did we'd have to drop 9 or more points to lose the league to them. That's something like W5 D0 L3 or W4 D2 L2. All of those finishes do look perfectly possible for both teams - but when you see that we've dropped 27 points in 30 matches - (0.9 points per game) - are we going to drop 9 in 8 (1.12 points per game)?

I'm not so sure. It all looks pretty possible. 

But if we look to points needed - Let's say 78 is the MAX needed. We 'just' need to target 5 wins, or 4 and 3 draws. But even that is only 1 loss. 

Still very much to play for and despite the 5 points cushion, I think there's a real good case for either us or Spurs winning it. 

I do however think that the timing of the run in could prove to be MASSIVE for us. 

Just look at that last table! Only once between now and the end of the season will we play after Spurs. And even more importantly, for the home straight - the last 6 games - we play first or simultaneously EVERY fixture. That could prove to be invaluable.

Every time we get any sort of result - they HAVE to respond - pressure will be massive on them every game!

If we've got any sort of cushion by fixture 3 on that table (Sunderland Away April 10th) then it could look very bad for Spurs - they will go into every game with 5-8 points behind! 

Imagine how they'll feel if they are ever losing any of those games - not only looking down the barrel of a loss, but also knowing in the back of their minds that they are 5, 8 or maybe even 11 points behind us!

Yes! Now we are talking - FYI -  in the points needed column you have Spurs as having played 29 not 30.

Nice work, it's good to see a clear representation of what everyone needs. Could end up a 2 horse race between Leicester and Spurs with no other team be able to catch them. That would be exciting 

Nice work, it's good to see a clear representation of what everyone needs. Could end up a 2 horse race between Leicester and Spurs with no other team be able to catch them. That would be exciting

That's already happened...

Unless that was sarcasm that's flown over my head

I hope Spurs enjoy playing on a Monday night...

4 of their next 6 games are on a Monday, that extra  day for the pressure to soak in is going to be fun, you could tell last night that the speculation and expectation surrounding the game had got to the fans and arguably the players who were slow starting and not looking their best.

Having to twiddle your thumbs all weekend while everyone else is playing was frustrating, knowing that we have won and they need to match it to stand a chance of closing the gap will ramp up the pressure, even if we drop points it will be over 24 hours of "Can Spurs capitalise?" "Will they close the gap?" "This is the game Spurs reel in the Foxes" etc

Archived