Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Guest CityFan 06

Impressed by Bournemouth again this season, doing well. I predicted before the season they'd be in and around the top ten. Particularly like Wilson at front.

Watching Bournemouth and Liverpool passing and moving brilliantly today reminded me of us last season. So much energy. Great game and congrats to Bournemouth. 

On 04/12/2016 at 03:39, Facecloth said:

In what way are Spurs a top side? They don't win titles. They don't win cups. They only qualify for the champions league on very rare occasions. The very best players when coming to this country don't look to join you.

Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, and Liverpool are top clubs. Spurs are, have and will be for a long while a level way below. 

Football exsisted before the Premier League you know. If you look at the list of honours won Spurs are right near the top. We were the first British team to win a European trophy ( still won more than Arsenal by the way) First team to do the double in the 20th Century, Spurs are a huge club mate. Underperformed in recent years and in my years supporting Spurs I've only seen us win 1 FA Cup and 2 League Cups but still, we are a big club.

Just now, danieldelap said:

Football exsisted before the Premier League you know. If you look at the list of honours won Spurs are right near the top. We were the first British team to win a European trophy ( still won more than Arsenal by the way) First team to do the double in the 20th Century, Spurs are a huge club mate. Underperformed in recent years and in my years supporting Spurs I've only seen us win 1 FA Cup and 2 League Cups but still, we are a big club.

You haven't won the league since the 60's! Are Burnley a top side? Huddersfield? Preston? Wanderers? How far are we going back? Fact of the matter is since the 60's you won next to **** all for what a big club should be winning. You're a consistent top flight presence these days, nothing more.

You're either an underperforming big club, which isn't anything to shout about, or you've found your level, which is occasional league cup winning, occasional top 4 chasing second rate club.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You haven't won the league since the 60's! Are Burnley a top side? Huddersfield? Preston? Wanderers? How far are we going back? Fact of the matter is since the 60's you won next to **** all for what a big club should be winning. You're a consistent top flight presence these days, nothing more.

You're either an underperforming big club, which isn't anything to shout about, or you've found your level, which is occasional league cup winning, occasional top 4 chasing second rate club.

We are joint 5th in the list of honours won in this country, which every way you look at it that's a successful club.

Not to mention moviing in a 61,000 capacity stadium. Broke the English record for Champions League attendance record this season aswell btw. But oh no, we're not a big club.

2 minutes ago, danieldelap said:

We are joint 5th in the list of honours won in this country, which every way you look at it that's a successful club.

Not to mention moviing in a 61,000 capacity stadium. Broke the English record for Champions League attendance record this season aswell btw. But oh no, we're not a big club.

Start winning stuff and I'll listen.

20 minutes ago, danieldelap said:

Football exsisted before the Premier League you know. If you look at the list of honours won Spurs are right near the top. We were the first British team to win a European trophy ( still won more than Arsenal by the way) First team to do the double in the 20th Century, Spurs are a huge club mate. Underperformed in recent years and in my years supporting Spurs I've only seen us win 1 FA Cup and 2 League Cups but still, we are a big club

I've just had the scales ripped from my eyes. Spurs are actually a big club, if you look at it that way. Far, far bigger than us. And even, dare I say it, bigger than Real Sociedad. There, I've said it. Oh God, please don't allow millions of Real Sociedad fans to start invading these boards claiming they are bigger than us and Spurs combined. That would be too much. Next we'll be getting Crawley Town, and that's all we need with our current problems.   

33 minutes ago, danieldelap said:

Shame it wasn't in your own stadium.

Give Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool, Leeds Wembley for 3 games in the champions league they'd break the record attendance also.

40 minutes ago, danieldelap said:

Now i KNOW you are on the wind up. To try and claim such a record as an achievement is pathetic. Getting it by default cause you are at Wembley which happens to be on your doorstep lol . Now i've heard it all. Newcastle would beat that record if they used Wembley in the champions league and they live miles away lol

Archived