Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

Quite a few pundits don't half dislike Vardy, though they don't half wa*nk over Harry Kane. The game itself i found that was certain a good test, though when came to fouls the Turks certainly didn't hold back. While our attackers look promising, our back line I'm afraid looks appalling. Performance wise it was decent from England but I still feel today was full of signs of clumsiness and too many players feeling the pressure too much. For me Woy needs to settle these lads down, get them to relax and make sure players can go to the tournament excited rather than dreading it. Let them enjoy it. 

Danny Mills lol Is this guy a professional troll?

If England are playing 1 up top then I think Kane is the better bet as vardy will want to stretch the defence and England's midfield won't play it long quickly enough.

That's just how it is.

However, it's clear that we have two strikers who are in decent form and why not play the diamond with the full backs getting forward to suit that fact. We can't have a decent tournement trying to keep it tight at the back because we don't have the defence to do that.

Would like to see Rooney at the tip of the diamond. Dier holding with wilshere and Henderson either side. They need to prove their fitness.

And Danny mills - ignore another 'pundit' stealing a living.

Kane is a very selfish player. I know it's normal for a striker to be selfish, but Kane doesn't have the vision to look for options, he just goes for glory all the time. No wonder he only had one assist all season for spuds.

Vardy is much more aware of what's going on around him. Typical Vardy penalty, which was exactly the same as against West Ham. Defender's hands on his shoulder, so it's a penalty. Great sniper instinct by him to save the dribbly Kane's blushes.

Rose MOTM? Really? Makes me really appreciate how good Chilwell is, and how lucky we are to have such a brilliant left back in Fuchs. 

Great save by Hart at the end too.

England are boring to watch nowadays, and still fell massively short, in the last tournament.

Hodgson should be picking players who have been in form this season, and play them in the position they have been in form in, not picking a player due to their name.

Vardy and his pace in the break should be used, instead of this tippy, tappy football, his pace will upset some big names in the euro's, if we use it, and not stick him out wide.

I would like to see a breath of fresh air this tournament, players there on merit, likes of drinkwater, rashford and Townsend, and not players who have hardly touch a ball this year, Wiltshire, Henderson, Delph, but I'd put money on at least two of the 3 mentioned make the plane, just because of the names, even though the first two mentioned looked so unmatch fit.

Kane is a very selfish player. I know it's normal for a striker to be selfish, but Kane doesn't have the vision to look for options, he just goes for glory all the time. No wonder he only had one assist all season for spuds.

Vardy is much more aware of what's going on around him. Typical Vardy penalty, which was exactly the same as against West Ham. Defender's hands on his shoulder, so it's a penalty. Great sniper instinct by him to save the dribbly Kane's blushes.

Rose MOTM? Really? Makes me really appreciate how good Chilwell is, and how lucky we are to have such a brilliant left back in Fuchs.

Great save by Hart at the end too.

I actually thought walker was better than Rose, it baffled me when he was given MotM

If Vardy doesn't start for England at the Euros and Drinkwater doesn't make the final 23 it is quite literally an injustice to what both men have achieved this season, Leicester City and football.

Vardy has scored 3 in his last 3 and setup some good chances... it would be absolutely bonkers if he doesn't start upfront with Kane. Drinkwater yet again was better than both Wilshere and Henderson in yet again a position he doesn't normally play

As an ex-England famous manager once said, ' We are playing 4- 4- effing 2.'

One of my favourite films, and a totally accurate account of the clueless assholes that run the FA, as well as a clueless Woy who makes Mike Bassett look like a tactical wizard. 

I'm not sure Drinkwater played all that we'll tbh. Not saying he was worse than Hendo, Wilshire et al, but I think he's last in line unfortunately, so needs to do more than he did here to impress, which he won't do with 20 min cameos unfortunately.

If people really want a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, then I don't see a place in the starting lineup for him. He needs to dictate play in the middle, where Dier is, not dragged onto the left flank.

I'm not sure Drinkwater played all that we'll tbh. Not saying he was worse than Hendo, Wilshire et al, but I think he's last in line unfortunately, so needs to do more than he did here to impress, which he won't do with 20 min cameos unfortunately.

If people really want a 4-1-2-1-2 formation, then I don't see a place in the starting lineup for him. He needs to dictate play in the middle, where Dier is, not dragged onto the left flank.

Think he did as well as he could have done given the low amount of time on the ball he had, think Woy will keep him in just in case he decides to play counter attacking football, his pass to Vardy for the Kane chance was sublime and what England misses alot of the time when attacking.

Mills hates anyone or anything to do with Leicester.

Spent the whole season slagging us off, and trying to belittle us.

Joey Barton put him in his place though, after one of our games, when he was slagging us off, as usual.

For someone who was a nothing but a clogger, when he played, he seems to have become a football snob.

Chris Waddle is cut from the same cloth, hates it, that teams like Leicester and Atletico Madrid are having success having low possession.

I heard Waddle talking about Atletico after they had beaten Bayern Munich, saying that Bayern deserved to beat them, because Atletico hardly had any of the ball.

He said he don`t want teams like that winning trophys, as it might encourage other teams to copy that style of play, and that he wouldn`t want pay to watch football played like that.

No doubt, he likes to see tippy tappy go no where football, where they pass it around for five minutes, before they try and do something with it, which personally bores the arse off of me. 

If they don't take Vardy I'll not be supporting England simple as that, and that's coming from a Derby fan.

It'll be a total joke if they drop him from the final cut and take that waste of space **** cvnt, rooney has done absolutely nothing in major tourney's since 2004 euros and that was only because he was an unknown quantity, since the best have worked him out he's done naff all in big games, he's a failure and to keep persevering with him just about sums up English football. You take the best player and build around him, England could be fantastic with a Vardy as the focal point, but it'll be an unmotivated Harry Kane and a fat waste of space as the main man.

Typical England

ABE.. Anyone but England

I take your point Rammy but I don't think Vardy's place in the squad is in doubt. It's whether he plays or not or what position he plays.

Kane is the golden boy and will start up front without doubt. If Woy plays two up front then Vardy will be his partner but if ge plays a 4-3-3 formation then Vardy is wasted out wide and I would rather he is on the bench ready to come on up front after 60 mins to get us a goal.

Mills hates anyone or anything to do with Leicester.

Spent the whole season slagging us off, and trying to belittle us.

Joey Barton put him in his place though, after one of our games, when he was slagging us off, as usual.

For someone who was a nothing but a clogger, when he played, he seems to have become a football snob.

Chris Waddle is cut from the same cloth, hates it, that teams like Leicester and Atletico Madrid are having success having low possession.

I heard Waddle talking about Atletico after they had beaten Bayern Munich, saying that Bayern deserved to beat them, because Atletico hardly had any of the ball.

He said he don`t want teams like that winning trophys, as it might encourage other teams to copy that style of play, and that he wouldn`t want pay to watch football played like that.

No doubt, he likes to see tippy tappy go no where football, where they pass it around for five minutes, before they try and do something with it, which personally bores the arse off of me.

And this attitude is exactly why England will win jack shit this summer. Not willing to adapt play to the strengths of form players. If Kane passed once in a while that could be a lethal, dare I say world class partnership

Wait... Are they suggesting NOT to take Vardy at all or are they saying don't start him.

I get it not starting him but not to take him? Madness.

Danny Mills:

"When Jamie Vardy is out wide he is pretty much anonymous. England do not play to his strengths. What he's achieved this season is remarkable, but we have to accept that. We have to pick the best team, not the best players. Vardy wants to run over the top, he's not a link player like Harry Kane is. 

"He's had a fantastic season, but ultimately I don't think he makes it into the side."

Assists and Penalties won

Kane - 2

Vardy - Dunno but it's well over 10, might even be 15.

But yeah, Kane is the link up player.

Archived