Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JayPittardBlueatheart

Red away Kit 2016?

The point is simply that of tradition.

Blue and red are synonymous with many rivalries - us and Forest, Man City and Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton. Bristol Rovers and Bristol City, Sheff Weds and Sheff Utd, Southampton and Portsmouth and so on.

I don't give one as far as what Man C, Man U and Arsenal decide to do - that's not our concern. However Leicester is our concern.

Owners come and go - their money allows them to buy clubs, but the true fans are in it forever. Ask Cardiff supporters what they think about Vincent Tan.

If anything, supporting a football team is all about ritual and symbolism. The colour of the shirts is fundamental to the ritual of being a City fan. It's what you think of whenever you think of Leicester City - blue and white.The people who choose the kits and the makers of those kits are employed to make commercial decisions -  they're not fans. . Choosing red as a strip is ignoring the symbolism of what being Leicester City is all about.

Blue or white or gold is enough.

But red has been used by leicester many times in the past, its nothing to do with the owners. 

Now, that was an elegant shirt.

Also if you believe that blue or white or gold is enough then how can you like a green and yellow shirt? Was that shirt not 'ignoring the symbolism of what being Leicester City is all about' 

We'll still be a European country even if we leave the EU!

It's just a word mate . I have not affinity with any european country.  I'm a little Englander and proud of it . God bless the English channel .

Saw one of the second run of replicas they released on ebay yesterday for £175!

IT went up a few days after I bought one of the originals for around that price, either the seller doesn't know it's a repro or they are trying their luck

Edit: I think it has been on eBay for about 2/3 months now

Archived