Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

7 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

He's got a new contract and we've told Everton to bugger off, unless staff have compensation termination clauses or something??

it's his job to find players like that, it's not a mistake or good fortune. He clearly spotted something others ignored.

if anything it shows how important his eye is and how wrong the stats team can get it sometimes.

There is only one straw in this situation

its clear from what people involved or close to people involved at the club have told us and that is Walshy has gone.  However, gone where?  has he walked out on the club in frustration and  the owners are attempting to convince him to stay? We are aware of apparent negotiations with Everton for compensation. again, these may be in tandem with discussions with him on not leaving. 

this was also the situation with NG. sadly, we couldn't convince him to stay.  it's one straw. I think it's the only straw. 

I've been thinking about this situation and I've resigned myself to him leaving. Yes, I'm disappointed and definitely don't want him to go, but he doesn't owe us anything. He has been an amazing servant to our great club, and has been greatly loyal as well. He could have easily left when Pearson left, and without him we would be where we are now. 

This opportunity at Everton is a step up, and like most people, they want to better themselves. It's a chance to have more control, more money and Everton is now a project - remind you of a team. Whatever people think, he has been one major cog in the wheel of Leicester City for many years. I for one will always be grateful for what he's done here.

You can't turn down a promotion if you think it's right time and the right place, and he obviously feels this is the right time to leave. 

To Steve Walsh, I say thank you for your long service to our great club and thank you for bringing such talent. You don't owe us anything. Thank you. 

Or if this is all shite and he stays - then up yours Everton!! 

(All bases covered). 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The idea that we'll let Walsh go and be DOF somewhere else while we have Rudkin makes me a little bit sick in my mouth.

Same here mate. We just seem to be far too nice at the minute. It's a leave if you want to mentality and we either don't play hardball or aren't doing everything we can to keep the most important parts of our club. Rudkin is a complete hillman and could be the downfall to what we've achieved these past couple of years. I know it's hard to just simply bin someone off because someone else has been offered their job at another club but Walsh is the best in the business and Rudkin clearly isn't. Livid. 

6 hours ago, eblair said:

mahrez was a mistake wtf are you talking about, he saw him whilst on a scouting trip, much like you know scouting works

how can someone even on this forum try and discredit walsh for scouting mahrez, truly baffling 

He went to look at somebody else and saw how well Riyad played. Wasn't discrediting Walsh as this came from him, in fact I think he even used the word 'mistake'.

I was agreeing that he is not irreplaceable, and that Mahrez wasn't the outcome of some long drawn out technical process!

Oh, and I know more about scouting than you think so please don't make assumptions about someone you've never met and will never meet!!

Guest MattP

This isn't good at all, he's probably the most important person at the club given what's he done over the last few years, disaster.

Surely if it's just a promotion he's after we can create some space for him.

The increases in player value he's helped to create are probably worth twice as much as the TV money, I'd be surprised if the owners didn't recognise that.

Rob Tanner has tweeted to say this looks like happening.

What's the point of contracts if you can **** off after less than 2 months? 

Big, big blow. I doubt we'll have a replacement ready to roll as the club will have quite rightly felt that he had committed to the club when he signed his new contract. **** **** ****.

Worse than Kante leaving IMHO and to ****ing Everton too.

Don't want to criticise the owners too much as they've done wonders at the club but I do think this mentality of allowing people to leave because they want to go or as a sort of reward for what they've done at Leicester bothers me a lot. We should be fighting tooth and nail to keep Walsh as he is irreplaceable, the fact he is only just into a new contract too should be grounds for keeping hold of him. I could be wrong but the perception seems to be that they don't want negative energy around the club so guys are allowed to leave if they're not happy. I think they should be more ruthless, was Walsh unhappy until Everton came knocking?

A contract exists to protect both the employer and the employee

both sides are able to terminate the contract -  either

Settle it by paying it up in its entirety (open to negotiation) 

resign and and accept the consequences of any restrictive covenants (open to negotiation)

a player is different to an employee like Walsh. The club own his registration and he cannot just resign unless he doesn't want to play anywhere.

Is he being overruled by someone else at the club like Rudkin etc. we have had no statement from anyone down there as to what is happening either Top or Whelan should be coming out and giving us a statement and I mean a proper statement not some stupid message on twitter or through the manager.

Going back to my first point Walsh will be missed but I can't help thinking if this is going back to some of the other players we are supposed to have tried to sign this window did Walsh recommend them or didn't he or was it someone else, I mean who in their right mind authorised the club to bid 30 mill for Deeney can't imagine it was Walsh.

6 weeks until the transfer window closes and under 4 weeks until the season starts and we lose our head scout ahead of the most important season in the clubs history.

What message does it send out to our players, fans, other fans, other potential players, the media if we lose our head scout/assistant manager to a divisional rival?

18 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

This feels like O'Neill v Pierpoint 

No point in making it out to be Rudkins fault. Yes there are plenty of question marks about some of our dealings and some parts of the club at the minute, but no point in making him out to be the baddy here. The club might do all they think they can to keep Walsh... the Rudkin issue here, is that the John Percy article seemed to indicate he thought he could do the job. Which is very worrying, as I'm not aware of him ever having filled that role successfully anywhere?!

3 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

6 weeks until the transfer window closes and under 4 weeks until the season starts and we lose our head scout ahead of the most important season in the clubs history.

What message does it send out to our players, fans, other fans, other potential players, the media if we lose our head scout/assistant manager to a divisional rival?

Sends out the message they all probably thought in the first place to be honest, we're just a small club that had a great season. Players and staff here are probably never going to be in the spotlight as much as they have been last season, their stock will never be higher. Some will seek to take advantage.

An open letter to Everton:

Dear Everton,

Thanks for your interest in Steve Walsh. Of course you can have him, he never does much anyway, just sits there and looks pretty. As long as we have Rudkin that's all that matters, he is the real genius. 

I repeat, you can have Steve Walsh but please definately don't try and poach Jon Rudkin instead.

Kind Regards

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No point in making it out to be Rudkins fault. Yes there are plenty of question marks about some of our dealings and some parts of the club at the minute, but no point in making him out to be the baddy here. The club might do all they think they can to keep Walsh... the Rudkin issue here, is that the John Percy article seemed to indicate he thought he could do the job. Which is very worrying, as I'm not aware of him ever having filled that role successfully anywhere?!

Rudkin is dog muck mate. He needs ending.

Archived