Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Next up... Barcelona

14 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The worry is that kante's gone, but we're still playing like he's in the team. Mendy is no Kante and playing a 442 with Mendy and another CM against Barcelona is going to result in another pummelling. Claudio's spoken of having a plan B and C and i'd like to see some evidence of this against Barca.

Also like to see Fuchs & Simpson start to give us some defensive shape, because friendly or no friendly, morale will be hit if we suffer another 4+ goal loss.

We should shoot all posters, who carry on referring to Kante...!!!

Shoot them twice, if they havent got over Cambiasso.

Now if we still had Weller and Worthington......

Is there any point trying out 4-3-3 with two games against one of the best teams in the world and a Mourinho/Ibrahimovic fired Manchester United? I can't see it. More likely imprint the tried and tested system on the new players. Shame the games are so close (with a fair amount of travel following the US trip), but I think we will want to avoid embarrassment/try to win much more at Wembley, so I'd expect to see 18 to 20 players used v Barca and a more settled group against Man U. Presumably the starting XI v Barcelona will be pretty close to Claudio's first choice (ideally we'd want them to have a decent, high energy 45 minutes together then rest). The Wembley side should be there or thereabouts with a week before the league kickoff. 

Sounds like Vardy will not be ready for Wednesday, I think we'll start Musa with Shinji behind to see if he can be the Vardy replacement/substitute. Simpson and Fuchs to come in, Hernandez may start at CB with one of the usual. Drinky and Mendy in the centre, maybe Gray in for Mahrez as he's earned it (and Mahrez has had some decent game time). Zieler to start in goal and could be in with a shout to start the season if he has a blinder, otherwise I would expect Claudio to play safe (like he did with Kanté at the start of last year). 

I'm pretty happy with how things are shaping up, we've clearly not yet clicked and have options - Schlupp, Ulloa, King, Amartey being key among the backups. 

Looking forward to it no end and expect to see an improvement. I entirely accept the argument that we're a way short of PSGi in terms of personnel and close-season preparation.

But some of our shortcomings against them were juvenile. Ruthlessness, organisation, preparation and focus is what I want to see.

And some semblance of a new team emerging which plays to the various strengths of its component parts. 

And, between now and then, is there any chance of securing a clone for Kante. In all my years as a Leicester fan I can't remember a more influential individual, not even Davie Gibson and that says something! :D       

I'd like to see a strong first team in the first half, show everyone what we can do in the CL this year and then make a load of changes at half time and then it doesn't really matter.  It's half about the Utd on Sunday and all about Hull the following week.

Remember this is all still pre-season, Ranieri still needs to look at his options. Win or lose against Barcelona means nothing right now, It's against Hull when it starts to matter. I think Amartey alongside Drinkwater has a ton of potential & Hernandez certainly didn't look out of place. Still a lot to learn about how this team will shape up.

I'd like to see a front 4 of Albrighton, Gray, Mahrez, and Ulloa to start.

I'd also like to see Morgan get minutes with whoever he's going to pair with at Hull. Huth's still has 1 more game of his suspension.

Also Ulloa and Abrighton and everyone else need to get in some low and hard shooting drills.

Just now, lgfualol said:

433 please. 

Musa Vardy Mahrez front three would be interesting. 

Just please no more Shinji and Okazaki front two. We may as well just not leave our half lol 

8-5 to barca

Shinji and Okazaki ay? Hmm

Whatever the result, little old Leicester are playing the mighty Barcelona in the International Champions whatever it is. It's really a privilege and honour to be facing them and just shows how far we've come. I don't care what the result is as long as we don't disgrace ourselves. Leicester v Barcelona. It's a beautiful thing and we should be proud that we've earned the right.

Anyone bringing up this as an indicator of how we will do in the Champions League, have a look at the seeds. We are seeded in pot one, as champions. This means we cannot face the elite of Europe in the group stage.

PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. are on another level and if we do end up playing a Barca etc. it means we have qualified for the knock out stage which I would call a success.

While it's great playing the best teams in the world, it's not a gauge of how we will do in the Champions League, realistically the teams we need to be competitive with in order to qualifier for the next stage are the likes of PSV, Celtic and Dynamo Kiev all good sides but much closer to where we are than Barca and PSG at this stage.

Heading to Stockholm tomorrow for this. Childishly excited. Are there any plans to meet at a bar near the stadium on Wednesday? I saw the bloke looking for information on running routes in Stockholm, fair play, but I was thinking more along the lines of a pre match beverage or two. 

17 hours ago, FireFox said:

No, we're not. We are the top English club, by 10 points.

Whilst you're correct we need to be realistic, we were great but we can't deny we weren't helped by everyone else being totally useless for most of it. Carrying on like that would be great, be we can't expect it.

Archived