Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Gabriel Barbosa

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Think He would only come here if he was guaranteed a starting place and had an advantageous release clause. Claudio doesn't do guarantees. 

But he seems to do advantageous release clauses...

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

This is what happens when you talk openly about targets. Better to wait and announce it after the targets are signed. 

It's the one thing i don't like about Ranieri. The ONLY thing, probably

18 hours ago, dayday said:

Anybody here post the latest from Zizouology, as it doesn't look good

Sán Retweeted BM

He denied interest from Manchester United but already confirmed offers from Juventus, Inter and Leicester City.

Sán ‏@Zizouology  41m41 minutes ago

- @BlogdoPerrone says Santos president was in London to enquire the English market, and he believes that Gabigol will not go there now.

Sán ‏@Zizouology  37m37 minutes ago

- @BlogdoPerrone says Santos president heard from Chelsea that they don't want Gabigol now. Same applies for Leicester, Man United and City.

Santos president talked to the board of Atlético Madrid and also left the meeting convinced that they will not try to buy Gabigol now.

17 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Sán Retweeted BM

He denied interest from Manchester United but already confirmed offers from Juventus, Inter and Leicester City.

Sán ‏@Zizouology  41m41 minutes ago

- @BlogdoPerrone says Santos president was in London to enquire the English market, and he believes that Gabigol will not go there now.

- @BlogdoPerrone says Santos president heard from Chelsea that they don't want Gabigol now. Same applies for Leicester, Man United and City.

Santos president talked to the board of Atlético Madrid and also left the meeting convinced that they will not try to buy Gabigol now.

I wonder why we don't want him. Seems a little odd, particularly with Athletico out of the picture. 

Just now, richardsfoxes said:

A ploy to get other deals rolling would be my guess. 

You'd have thought we would want to take advantage of our position whilst we are still high enough up the food chain to attract a player like him. 

Santos president Modesto Roma believes that no English clubs will be bidding for Gabigol, according to Ricardo Perrone, from UOL.

The journalist says the official went to London last week to probe the local market, but found out that the Premier League clubs are not interested in the 19-year-old for now.

The president reportedly heard it from the Chelsea directors, but also considers that Leicester City, Manchester United and City won’t be making offers. The same goes for Atletico Madrid, although Inter Milan and Juventus are still in the battle.

Modesto Roma has a big history of denying offers, which makes him always go against Gabigol’s agent Wagner Ribeiro. Last night, the representative had already confirmed the bids from Leicester City , Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan and Juventus for the attacker.

A few months ago, we also had the information that a Chelsea bid had arrived though a group of emissaries. The president also denied that information.

Modesto Roma doesn’t like selling players, so maybe he’s just trying to keep things quiet. But as Santos have not been paying the players’ wages for two months now, the club will have to get rid of some of their starlets.

Gabigol and Thiago Maia, who are currently playing in the Olympics, are those who attract most interest from Europe. 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-president-talks-chelsea-directors-transfer-leicester-city-involved/

1 hour ago, Lesteban said:

You'd have thought we would want to take advantage of our position whilst we are still high enough up the food chain to attract a player like him. 

Maybe we are but with another player, guess we'll find out soon with the window closing in a matter of weeks. 

14 hours ago, Lesteban said:

I wonder why we don't want him. Seems a little odd, particularly with Athletico out of the picture. 

Because spending 30+ on a teenage striker when we've considerable gaps in our defence and midfield is a United move, not a Leicester move.

I'd suggest that's why we're champions and they're not.

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Because spending 30+ on a teenage striker when we've considerable gaps in our defence and midfield is a United move, not a Leicester move.

I'd suggest that's why we're champions and they're not.

Why not all three? There is nothing stopping us from going for Luan/this guy, and a decent defender and mid. We have considerable power in the market right now, and as much as we would like it to, it may not last. Just think we should take advantage of it whilst we have the means and opportunity. I agree other positions should be priority, central midfield for me. Although looking forward to seeing Mendy. For the record, I'd prefer the cheaper Luan to Gabriel on what I've seen at the olympics, looks a better player all round. 

16 minutes ago, Lesteban said:

Why not all three? There is nothing stopping us from going for Luan/this guy, and a decent defender and mid. We have considerable power in the market right now, and as much as we would like it to, it may not last. Just think we should take advantage of it whilst we have the means and opportunity. I agree other positions should be priority, central midfield for me. Although looking forward to seeing Mendy. For the record, I'd prefer the cheaper Luan to Gabriel on what I've seen at the olympics, looks a better player all round. 

You do realise, though, that just spending money doesn't just mean winning right? 

Completely ignoring the factors involving a young player from South America with no big-league experience trying to adapt here, there's a massive squad harmony element to consider too. Just chucking cash around can seriously disillusion other players. 

Realistically Gabriel is not a Leicester player. 

On 18 August 2016 at 22:58, Richard Kingson said:

You do realise, though, that just spending money doesn't just mean winning right? 

Completely ignoring the factors involving a young player from South America with no big-league experience trying to adapt here, there's a massive squad harmony element to consider too. Just chucking cash around can seriously disillusion other players. 

Realistically Gabriel is not a Leicester player. 

When did I say spending money meant winning? It helps for sure, but is no guarantee. I think we proved that there are other ways last season. There has been a clear correlation between spending and success in all major European leagues for the last decade or two however, and we have been the major anomaly. If I was a foxes player I'd be delighted to see some of the worlds best youth talent joining the club, far from disillusioned. If I were Vardy/Mahrez I'd be disappointed NOT to see clear signs the club was building in such a way. We have done well getting Kaputska, Musa and Gray. Why not a top young Brazilian forward thrown into the mix? Both Luan and Gabriel have arguably more promising futures than any of those three, and it's not like we can't afford it these days. There is a chance we won't have the opportunity to pick up these types of players next season even, Champions League is a huge pull. Vardy won't keep playing so effectively forever, age isn't on his side. This is the best time to buy in young players in my opinion. It's not like suggesting we go buy a massive reputation player for huge money on big wages, either signing could be achieved for around what Bolasie just went for. 

Gabriel is leaving by all accounts, the club need the cash reportedly, so why not us. Again, I'd prefer Luan, he looks a better player right now. Both would improve on what we have in the squad, and Luan would slot straight in behind Vardy for me, with Musa out left. 

On 18 August 2016 at 22:39, Lesteban said:

Why? Because it's pretty obvious we aren't going to be spending £80m

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why? Because it's pretty obvious we aren't going to be spending £80m

Obvious why ?   We have spent nothing in terms of buying players so far this season and in terms of money £80 million is average in today's prices for a team that has the money and want's to compete at the top table .  But then again perhaps we don't ?

Just now, Bunyip said:

Obvious why ?   We have spent nothing in terms of buying players so far this season and in terms of money £80 million is average in today's prices for a team that has the money and want's to compete at the top table .  But then again perhaps we don't ?

Because if we were going to spend it we'd have looked like we were going to already.

We are not a big club, it's impossible to compete long term with teams much bigger than us. It's not about not wanting to compete but being realistic.

The owners have said they want us to stand on our own two feet, so we can forget huge investment from them. So we can only spend what we earn.

The champions league money and money for finishing so high was always likely to be a one off. Our earnings are likely to plummet next season, yet all the players we sign we're paying their very lucrative contracts for four years. They all still need funding!

Before we even start think of FFP implications and being limited to certain yearly increases. And stadium expansions that everyone wants and also need paying for.

Ramp wages up too much and in a few years our wage bill will just about match income and people will wonder why we don't sign players.

The owners look like they are taking the long term view, and they will continue doing what we've done in other years that made us succeed. Careful targeted investment, but nothing ott.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because if we were going to spend it we'd have looked like we were going to already.

We are not a big club, it's impossible to compete long term with teams much bigger than us. It's not about not wanting to compete but being realistic.

The owners have said they want us to stand on our own two feet, so we can forget huge investment from them. So we can only spend what we earn.

The champions league money and money for finishing so high was always likely to be a one off. Our earnings are likely to plummet next season, yet all the players we sign we're paying their very lucrative contracts for four years. They all still need funding!

Before we even start think of FFP implications and being limited to certain yearly increases. And stadium expansions that everyone wants and also need paying for.

Ramp wages up too much and in a few years our wage bill will just about match income and people will wonder why we don't sign players.

The owners look like they are taking the long term view, and they will continue doing what we've done in other years that made us succeed. Careful targeted investment, but nothing ott.

I agree. For all the talk last season of how we changed the premier league last season, in the long term those at the top with the money will prevail. We don't have the revenue streams to compete and although we may increase the capacity of the stadium we're never going to match them.

When Ranieri arrived there was talk of a five year plan, I think that's still in place. Last years success may have given us a bit of a boost but its also brought unrealistic expectations amongst some.

Rather than use any increase in revenue to make big money signings I believe we're offering better deals to the players we have and creating a wage structure that will make the club much more attractive to prospective signings in years to come.

24 minutes ago, Livid said:

I agree. For all the talk last season of how we changed the premier league last season, in the long term those at the top with the money will prevail. We don't have the revenue streams to compete and although we may increase the capacity of the stadium we're never going to match them.

When Ranieri arrived there was talk of a five year plan, I think that's still in place. Last years success may have given us a bit of a boost but its also brought unrealistic expectations amongst some.

Rather than use any increase in revenue to make big money signings I believe we're offering better deals to the players we have and creating a wage structure that will make the club much more attractive to prospective signings in years to come.

Great post bud 

Archived