Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Gabriel Barbosa

Personally, I don't think we've gone anywhere near this guy.

His agent is doing what Kante's did and pimping him out to all the world.

He'll go to one of the big boys as a trophy youngster and probably stagnate. Barca will end up selling him to Villareal or Valencia or something in a couple years time when he doesn't quite dislodge Suarez.

Then they'll buy him back for twice as much when Messi retires.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem we've got is we are getting conflicting actions, our owners have gone on record as saying Ranieri can sign who he wants. We've also won the league and qualified for Europe and both the owners and Ranieri have said they will make some quality additions. The fans have interpreted all of this as us having a right good thrash at bringing in the very best given our stock is as high as it's ever likely to be right now. I understand the dangers of doing this long term but the grotesque amounts of money in the PL right now shows it's nowhere near as precarious as it once was. Look at Newcastle, owned by a horrible fleecing coont but who has blown a lot of wedge at certain times and they've got relegated and there's no fire sale nor penny pinching. In fact they are spending like there's no tomorrow. Now, I'm not saying what they are doing is in any way a model to follow but it's an insight in to there being very little initial restriction of money when you get relegated these days.

I think we're already secure enough to go out and purchase 2 elite players and not have to worry what knock on effect it might have should we get too big for our boots in the next year or so. Players of such ilk will also have a very good resale value and that's not to mention the other jewels in our squad.

But what is irking me slightly is money most definitely isn't an issue for us nor are we trying to be overtly cautious, I genuinely believe we're not going out of our way to buy anymore players because the club are happy with what we've got and that I think is worrying. The £20+ million bids for Deeney, the £15 million bids for Michael Keane and the supposed willingness to offer over £20 million for Gabriel Barbosa and similar amounts for Parades and Lemina show that we will chuff up the dough but as these players aren't for sale, we don't seem to be proactive in looking elsewhere. 9 days left of the window is not a long time for a club that's notorious for being slow at getting transfers over the line, I've lost all faith of last minute signings after the debacle in January which in the end didn't matter but if fans think we're still going to get a few players in then they are massively optimistic as it goes against everything we've been doing.

Think it will depend on how bad the Mendy injury is. If it was precautionary or just a slight sprain and he's out for a week or two then we probably will just strengthen the u23 squad, but someone was saying he was indicating he had snapped something, so if its a bad injury i can see us bringing in a 1st team player.

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Luan shits all over this kid tbh. 

Luan was definitely the shining light in a pretty poor Olympic games in terms of football.

But don't let that kid you. Luan will be a great player but Gabigoal has the potential to be a world beater.

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Right okay and Joe Allen is a better player than Iniesta.

Based on the evidence I've seen at the Olympics, luan is a much more rounded player than Barbosa. Barbosa might be a 'prospect' but we have enough 'prospect' and not enough current, in form, rounded talent. Not sure what your bitching at chap. 

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Based on the evidence I've seen at the Olympics, luan is a much more rounded player than Barbosa. Barbosa might be a 'prospect' but we have enough 'prospect' and not enough current, in form, rounded talent. Not sure what your bitching at chap. 

Nobody's bitching, just a bit daft to come on here comparing players based on a couple of games at the Olympics.

Especially when a Brazilian or two in the Luan thread (not to mention every single sports journalist that watches Brazilian football) has said Luan isn't quite in the Barbosa/Jesus class.

Gabriel Barbosa almost certainly isn't coming here and this is a pointless thread based on a spurious link but he's obviously going to be an enormous investment for someone in Europe.

Luan wouldn't stroll straight in to our starting eleven as "current, in form, rounded talent." 

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody's bitching, just a bit daft to come on here comparing players based on a couple of games at the Olympics.

Especially when a Brazilian or two in the Luan thread (not to mention every single sports journalist that watches Brazilian football) has said Luan isn't quite in the Barbosa/Jesus class.

Gabriel Barbosa almost certainly isn't coming here and this is a pointless thread based on a spurious link but he's obviously going to be an enormous investment for someone in Europe.

Luan wouldn't stroll straight in to our starting eleven as "current, in form, rounded talent." 

I'll take what I see with my own eyes over any guff spouted by 'sports journalists' thanks.

And yes, you were bitching. My comment is was a bit brash but hardly similar to comparing Joe Allen to Iniesta in any way shape or form is it?

So Barbosa is the new wonderkid? Most 'wonderkids' never make it. I remember Kramaric being a 'wonderkid'.

With my own eyes I've seen a player in Luan with a great brain who can split a defence in half with a single pass, he shown great vision in the Olympics and In my opinion it is someone with this vision that we need to get the most out of the front men because right now a lot of our forward play and 'service' to the strikers is pretty much lumping it from the back, Drinky and Mahrez aside, which is fine, seemed to work last season with Vardy playing off the last man but I'm pretty sure we are going to need to mix up our style of play a bit this season because most teams will have figured out our usual tactic.

Barbosa looks OK, but he looks raw and from the youtube vids I've watched and the Olympics it appears he is incredibly one footed. Might get away with that in the Brazilian league but not in the prem. Sure, sign him up as a prospect and teach him how to use his right foot but to me, as it stands, he is the lesser player of the two and ideally i'd prefer someone who can come in and do a job. We've picked up a fair amount of raw talent in Gray and Kapustka, Amartey to an extent. Right now I'd be more focussed on getting someone in who can add something off the bat.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Past his best but still puts in a good cross..

He can perform miracles with the ball. But he has been known to go missing from training for about three days before just turning up. And his Dad is his agent, which can cause a few issues. The other thing is that he plays better in a very unconventional team of 13, where he has to be captain.

13 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

That sounds really promising, is it true some of our bid goes directly to him too? Hopefully money talks :claudio:

Yes. Every penny over a certain amount goes to Gabigol and his team - so the highest bid may actually count in this scenario

44 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Him and Nzonzi would be too much for me to take 

36 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Yes. Every penny over a certain amount goes to Gabigol and his team - so the highest bid may actually count in this scenario

Would be an absolute epic statement that we're ready for war with the so called big boys in Europe, hiding in their weakling leagues, Germans, Italians, French, nothing in comparison of league standard.

Can't wait to tear into them lot, absolute confidence even with the team we have that we will get to the very least a knockout stage.

Archived