Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

mahrez has messed up a move to a big club. Not a single club bidded for him even after winning PFA player. Just this summer with Roma. He's become a liability for Leicester and his level of play has become top half championship player due to giving the ball away and doing nothing special for a considerable length of time 

• Haha 1

No one else think that maybe just maybe he should of busted a gut to get back for Henderson goal?? He had been on the pitch about ten minutes when they scored and when the ball was in the net he wasn't even at the half way line! He had to work on his defensive side before he starts for me, 

Just now, goose2010 said:

No one else think that maybe just maybe he should of busted a gut to get back for Henderson goal?? He had been on the pitch about ten minutes when they scored and when the ball was in the net he wasn't even at the half way line! He had to work on his defensive side before he starts for me, 

Not really. Maguire at fault and left a huge hole which should've been covered by one of the central midfielders as soon as he went into their space. Henderson, Kante, Herrera, Carrick you name a good deep lying cm and that's exactly what they would've done. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Not really. Maguire at fault and left a huge hole which should've been covered by one of the central midfielders as soon as he went into their space. Henderson, Kante, Herrera, Carrick you name a good deep lying cm and that's exactly what they would've done. 

I'm wondering if playing Huth might make a difference. 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Gray should definitely start next week. He’s definitely improved recently whereas Mahrez’s form has dipped.

Just annoys me in seeing Mahrez looking half-bothered like much of the time yesterday.

Either that or he's low on confidence etc, don't really know.

Gray is a bright spark that rejuvenates the forward-line and it looks better on the eye with him on.

7 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Just annoys me in seeing Mahrez looking half-bothered like much of the time yesterday.

Either that or he's low on confidence etc, don't really know.

Gray is a bright spark that rejuvenates the forward-line and it looks better on the eye with him on.

Mahrez is definitely a confidence player. I know how frustrating he can be to watch but he was joyful to watch when he was on it and deservedly won PFA player of the year. He clearly wanted to move but didn't get the move and had to endure the embarrassment of leaving the Algerian camp on transfer deadline day for a move that was clearly a wind-up. Now I'm not apologising for him because as one of our top earners he's hardly had done by, but it's better for Leicester City as a club to have a Mahrez that is back to his best rather than one who is down in the dumps, even if he ends up leaving.

But back to Demarai Gray, he is getting his new contract and hopefully he starts improving his consistency as a result. He definitely looks better and we all want it to work out for him as he could be a star here for years to come. Of course with CS under pressure he may yet revert to the same 11 as against Liverpool because we do need points.

• Like 2

He honestly deserves a shot next game.

How Mahrez is gunned down after an off-game although he was litterally our only main attack threat since the pre-season while Albrighton, with less satisfying performances, gets away with murder, is interesting but not surprising.

This forum has a knack to tear its best players apart while turning a blind eye on the average ones just because, muh work load.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2

A larger issue here that needs to be considered is that we have basically shot any chance of signing the next big talent from the Championship (brooks for example)

Young English players are a very tight knit community now, especially on social media and I doubt watching a frustrated Gray on the bench every week is doing us any favours in attracting new talent.

It's the first time we managed to get one of these 'hot prospects' ahead of the likes of Everton and Southampton and I can't help but think we've messed it up.

20 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He honestly deserves a shot next game.

How Mahrez is gunned down after an off-game although he was litterally our only main attack threat since the pre-season while Albrighton, with less satisfying performances, gets away with murder, is interesting but not surprising.

This forum has a knack to tear its best players apart while turning a blind eye on the average ones just because, muh work load.

Correct.

Hoddle had a bit of a pop at Mahrez on commentary Saturday but he also noticed that he literally never gets the ball. The same thing happens to Gray as well because our passing is horrifically bad.

Just give the ball to your best players ffs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Correct.

Hoddle had a bit of a pop at Mahrez on commentary Saturday but he also noticed that he literally never gets the ball. The same thing happens to Gray as well because our passing is horrifically bad.

Just give the ball to your best players ffs

I really was disappointed in Riyad last saturday to be honest.

For the first time I felt he wasn't in the game. At all. Not the usual laid back attitude that people often mistaken for laziness but really like his mind was completely somewhere else. He deserved to be subbed off and Gray's impact was immediate.

But you're right, they rarely get a sniff and often in poor conditions. Even then there is never enough movement around them. As long as we can't string three passes together and keep the ball on the ground, our technical players won't look good.

I have the feeling that it won't be long before Nacho will be called a dud on this forum.

Edited by ZeGuy

The only thing that annoys me about Mahrez really is sometimes he tries to do people in our own half when we're trying to relieve pressure and makes it worse. Otherwise he mostly gets swarmed whenever he has the ball or has to drop back deep to even get it. His right back cannot pass and treats the ball like it's about to explode. We waste possession so much.

Just adding Gray to the team would create more space and give the team another outlet. I have no beef with Albrighton but there's only so many times you can watch him get it, cut inside and then hoof a ball down the line before you want to jump out the window

8 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

The only thing that annoys me about Mahrez really is sometimes he tries to do people in our own half when we're trying to relieve pressure and makes it worse. Otherwise he mostly gets swarmed whenever he has the ball or has to drop back deep to even get it. His right back cannot pass and treats the ball like it's about to explode. We waste possession so much.

Just adding Gray to the team would create more space and give the team another outlet. I have no beef with Albrighton but there's only so many times you can watch him get it, cut inside and then hoof a ball down the line before you want to jump out the window

Shakey never started them all together. Not even against Brighton at home, can't see it happen against Bournemouth.

I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Silva in the middle, Gray and Mahrez. Please Shakespeare make it happen some day after January.

14 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

We're hardly defended well anyway have we..... Can't be any worse than trying it 

Weak midfield, so you compensate. That's why it is very dififcult to not start Albrighton.

I read in another thread that we're the second worst defense in the league despite of having signed a quality CB like Maguire. We're maybe the only team that demands from its most gifted players to pitch the ground like horses whereas other teams tend to free them from the defensive tasks.

Edited by ZeGuy