Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

Just now, Strokes said:

I don’t think that’s really fair, he has played well in that position this season and no doubt will be solid again for us. He is a decent player to have on the bench and this is the first time he has severely let us down.

Why does he need to have a best position to be a squad player? He is the first utility player we have had at this club.

Just don't rate him, never have. If you want a utility player to sit on the bench you could find a better one. Albrighton is a better utility player.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just don't rate him, never have. If you want a utility player to sit on the bench you could find a better one. Albrighton is a better utility player.

Fair enough but would you agree, this is the first time he has really let us down? Other than (in your opinion) lack of ability?

Just now, Strokes said:

Fair enough but would you agree, this is the first time he has really let us down? Other than (in your opinion) lack of ability?

I can't really think of a time he has "let us down" but I can't really think of a time he "won the game" for us either.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I can't really think of a time he has "let us down" but I can't really think of a time he "won the game" for us either.

He has some very good games for us. He scored a late equaliser against stoke, he was excellent in the group games of the champions League and has played well in the league cup this season. All in my opinion of course. I don’t think we would struggle to get rid, there would be quite a few clubs interested. He is young, versatile and a good character that isn’t causing trouble as far as we know. 

Dont get me wrong, if he left tomorrow I wouldn’t shed any tears but I’m in no rush to force the guy out, as I still think he could be useful.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Bit harsh. 

He seems a quiet bloke who seems to appreciate the position he's in. A moment of madness yesterday for sure but hopefully he'll learn from this. 

Hopefully we sell him with the rest of the dross and get a decent rb in if the legend Simpson is injured. 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

He has some very good games for us. He scored a late equaliser against stoke, he was excellent in the group games of the champions League and has played well in the league cup this season. All in my opinion of course. I don’t think we would struggle to get rid, there would be quite a few clubs interested. He is young, versatile and a good character that isn’t causing trouble as far as we know. 

Dont get me wrong, if he left tomorrow I wouldn’t shed any tears but I’m in no rush to force the guy out, as I still think he could be useful.

That Stoke goal was legendary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely, frustrating that he was lenient with everyone else but decided to be extremely harsh to our only fit right back.

Not only that but a young and inexperienced player. He should have spoken to him like top refs do. People on here need to get a grip. He's not been paid as much as Simpson, Morgan, or Kasper.for a reason. He's not at their level yet. The chap needs games and a good Coach to help him. If Puel is as good a Coach as I think he is he'll encourage him slowly and he'll get better.

Also our Development squad hasn't lost in 17 games and yet not one of the defense was considered good enough to replace Simpson. That tells it's own story.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because you e always been fair and never had an agenda about any players... no no no. 

lol

I'm a Leicester city fan and have been concerned just about every time I've seen him play for us in a blue shirt. So I say so. In some games, he's looked ok. But as you yourself say, he has no footballing brain.

If wanting City to win football matches, thus expressing real concerns about any of our players, then yes, I have an agenda.

I'll live with that. That's my agenda.

It's a good job we equalised yesterday. If we had gone on to lose the game, which was very likely given the circumstances, the vitriol toward Amartey would probably have been worse.

I'll balance this with saying I think it's a shame for Amartey. This was his chance to get a run in the side and, by being fookin daft (he was), he's blown it

:thumbup:

Edited by Col city fan

He's pretty poor but my god some people on here almost enjoy watching him fail so they can be proved right. Yes he isn't good enough for us but he isn't our worst ever player either, you'd think he was by reason these posts. Eventually he will be moved on and when he does I wish him all the best. He lacks quality but always tried hard in any position he was thrown in. He comes across as a nice shy fella in interviews, and I hope he is a success at his next club. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Isn't good enough and should be moved on once we find another right full back. Absolutely stupid decision when you're booked to make a cynical foul.

I still don't know his best position nor do I feel confident when he's on or around the ball.

He's never had a sustained period in the premier league, he's young, he doesn't even have a definite position and he's never played in subsequent matches even when he's had a good game but I can't argue with this. I have the same kind of feeling when Huth or Morgan are in possession but that feeling is tempered with the knowledge that they are at least good in what they do well. It's one of the main reasons I'd like to see him as a centre half. We should really loan him out when we buy a right back or at least promote a decent one from the youth team.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

He's pretty poor but my god some people on here almost enjoy watching him fail so they can be proved right. Yes he isn't good enough for us but he isn't our worst ever player either, you'd think he was by reason these posts. Eventually he will be moved on and when he does I wish him all the best. He lacks quality but always tried hard in any position he was thrown in. He comes across as a nice shy fella in interviews, and I hope he is a success at his next club. 

That there is the whole point.

Why on earth would you want to keep him then?

It's bizarre

Just now, Col city fan said:

That there is the whole point.

Why on earth would you want to keep him then?

It's bizarre

It's called supporting our players and hoping they come good instead of being on his back since day one. In this case Amartey hasn't come good and it's probably time he was moved on, but goodness me, how about supporting the lad a bit more instead of the constant negativity you bring to this thread!! We get it, you never rated him. We got the message.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

It's called supporting our players and hoping they come good instead of being on his back since day one. In this case Amartey hasn't come good and it's probably time he was moved on, but goodness me, how about supporting the lad a bit more instead of the constant negativity you bring to this thread!! We get it, you never rated him. We got the message.

Why do think that what people write on FT is ‘supporting a player’? Do you think players read the forum and, if so, give a shite about what I or anyone might write about them?

You're living in cloud cuckoo land.

As I said, my agenda is wanting City to win football matches, trophies and accolades. If I see a player who, IN YOUR OWN WORDS isn’t good enough, I’ll say so.

Its ironic really. I get slated for writing what I believe (including bans) when other posters actually write much worse stuff AND generally end up agreeing anyway.

I just laff.

The shame in my opinion, is that we’ve blown an awful lot of money on rubbish over the past two years. Actually I think that’s far more important than worrying about what Dan Amartey might think about what is being written about him. In my mind, real fans would be actually pissed off that the club has spunked serious dosh, on crap really. 

Edited by Col city fan

I think @Col city fan, and trying to remain objective, that some contributors here get very annoyed by the type of posters who are quick with the 'see, I was right all along' type entry, thus making the subject matter the writer, rather than the football. Said posters are not so quick, generally, to point out when they were entirely wrong (a bit like tabloid newspapers). You occasionally fall into this trap. Which is a shame, because I often agree with you on football matters.

• Like 4

He did a job last season in midfield when we were short of players. Always looked uncomfortable and laboured on the ball. The game this season against Leeds he was awesome. Powerful, quick and looked more composed. I had high hopes this beast of a physical specimen might come good. 

Sadly he was poor on the ball against Man City on Tuesday and worse in his 16 or so minutes yesterday. 

I’d like to see him at centre half but with Morgan’s good form and Harry their can’t see it happening.

upshot is he is poor in possession, looks laboured and deliberate as though he is thinking to much. Maybe worried about making a mistake. He doesn’t fit the Puel mould and either needs rapid improvement or ship out.

a season in the championship would probably do wonders for his game and confidence.

10 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I don’t think you can group Ndidi in that category and the jury is still out on Nacho as I don’t think he’s not yet had enough game time to make a decision 

They are all instinctive players unable to read the game