Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

1 minute ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I'll definitely miss Leo! Massive contribution to the club, but the word "legend" is banded around too much for me. Steve Walsh, Lineker, Muzzy,Vardy they will go down as legends, but Leo is some way short of that category. Unless you take the view that every member of last seasons squad is a legend, which I guess you can make an argument for.

I really dont don't understand people saying he's better than Slimi either? Slimi has a decent goal scoring record for us and most of the time he's been here, we've played very defensive football. Slimi is a genuine goal scorer and if we start playing to our strengths then he will be a very good player for us!

Anyway - good luck Leo - a good player and a good lad by all accounts - another one of the unbelievables whose story will be etched in the history books!

Spot on, great post. He was a brilliant asset the great escape year and scored some important goals last season but let's not forget the awful first touches, complete lack of ability to score a one on one and multiple attacks slowed down by his lack of pace and decision making.

He has been a great servant to our club but some people are going on like we're losing messi.

I was berating Sunderland to a mate the other day about possible selling van aaholt to palace when there a direct threat for relegation,now we look like doing that ourselves,if Leo's shown 1 thing it is that he can rise for the big games and handle the pressure at both end of the table,something which could come back to haunt us?

With posting twitter messages like that, you have to question if forcing him to stay is the right decision now. 

I wanted us to convince him to stay 6 months and then could go in the summer with our blessing, but even as professional as he is, you'd have to question how useful he would be for us if he is this set on a move and in his own word 'feel like a footballer again'.

Sell, but not to a relegation rival. Puts a lot of strain on Slimani and Vardy but if we do switch to a 4-3-3, then we will only need one striker starting, so is possible.

Also, have Okazaki and Musa, although I would prefer to sign a replacement if possible. Maybe a young striker who is talented but content with only a handful of games for now.  

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

If he goes to Sunderland for £5m, the potential repercussions could make it the single worst bit of business in the history of the club.

Exactly. Rather than sell him to Sunderland just tell him tough, your contract is for 18 months. Someone would buy him for  £5m in the summer so why sell now to a potential rival?

Need to do what Stoke have done with Bojan and simply refuse to sell him to another Premier League team.

It would be sickening if he went to Sunderland and scored a load for them. They are a direct rival for us and we shouldn't strengthen them. 

3 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

And 11m as suggested above?

Still think it is stupid to sell to a rival. They look dead and buried the last thing we need is to help them survive, possibly at our expense. If we can afford to reject 38m for Slimani we can reject this offer and send him elsewhere (or just keep him until summer) 

It's not like Sunderland will only get Ulloa or nobody is it?  If we refuse the deal they will strengthen with some other striker that might be better.  At least we know that Leo is somewhat limited, we're not selling them Ronaldo.  If it's 11mn I'd take it.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's not like Sunderland will only get Ulloa or nobody is it?  If we refuse the deal they will strengthen with some other striker that might be better.  At least we know that Leo is somewhat limited, we're not selling them Ronaldo.  If it's 11mn I'd take it.

Straight swap for Defoe.

6 minutes ago, englebert said:

3mil bid rejected according to Sky. 

3m? do they want him or not?

His tweet has ruined all hope of us getting a good fee for him. His agent is a right ****ing arsehole and he's shafted us big time.

Archived