Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Favourite (British) Indian Dish.

Chicken Tikka Masala (can't stand very spicy meals).

Naan Bread.

Poppadoms with chutney.

White rice.

Only been to the Sanjay's Curry Pot on Melton Road and The Laguna on Narborough road for Indian meals - I know the latter has been closed for a while (the owner, name pronounced 'Shock' but very certain that's not how it's spelt!, left due to ill health), but not sure whether the former is still open.

I will second  singh. Gurdwara (temple) food is generally always very good and true punjabi style food. Of course  only vegetarian but mannn they make killer green daal, aloo gobi (cauliflower) and the kheer (rice pudding ) always hits the spot. 

If your talking british Indian  then i guess the chicken tikka masalas or murgh makhani (butter chicken) with naan always hit the spot when you are drunk.

I'll usually have something off the chef specials but otherwise chicken madras, garlic naan, poppadoms and rice. I'll have a different starter each time. Me and a few mates are currently trialling every curry house in York.

The one with the best reviews on tripadvisor is overpriced, busy and not that great. I was amazed with how many people were ordering steak and chips as their main meal lol In an Indian in Leeds there was also chips on nearly every other table. Indian food is better than any other food around imo and people order bloody chips.

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

At the moment:

2 x Poppadom

Onion Bhaji

Chicken Tawa

Keema Rice

Garlic & Coriander Naan.

Then days of misery thanks to my IBS.

If you're going to have IBS, better to react to  a beut curry than some Maryland chicken  i guess!

Archived