Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

Remember when some on here were jumping at the opportunity to sell Vardy to the Baggies for 5 mil a couple of years ago, with some even offering to drive them there themselves, now people are suggesting we would and should turn down upwards of 50 million for him! Amazing how far he's come in both ability and popularity. 

1 hour ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Remember when some on here were jumping at the opportunity to sell Vardy to the Baggies for 5 mil a couple of years ago, with some even offering to drive them there themselves, now people are suggesting we would and should turn down upwards of 50 million for him! Amazing how far he's come in both ability and popularity. 

Give it a year and the same people will be blaming Rudkin for selling Musa because he's scored 4 goals for Hull.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Really can't see Vards going anywhere. 

Nor can I. We have built a team and a style of play that makes him prolific. Put him passing the ball around in the final third in a possession based team and he is a bench player to be put on when a big team is under the kosh. He may get a pay rise out of the interest but he should recognise where his bread is buttered. 

I give you England as an example - he is already there and in the box - not running between the lines with support that knows how he plays. He'd be daft to leave for footballing reasons.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Last year we had vichai's Instagram page to let us know what was going on. This year we have nowt! 

Shakey is giving out mixed messages of sorts. We wan to keep our best players but we will make decisions on bids once we receive them. 

No mixed messages.

We want to keep our best players but if someone comes in offering £50m for some of our players it needs to be seriously considered. That money is not to be sniffed at and these sort of prices might not last.

8 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I heard that his wife is a big fan (she stated on some TV show) of London and that, in January, raised the eyebrows of the media who probably, from this statement, made them to think she wanted to move there with Jamie for her more and created rumours over this.

He's had a superb career here, so if he moved to Chelsea and help them retain the title would be quite cheeky towards us tbh.

Please no... not his bloody wife again.:blink:

10 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Remember when some on here were jumping at the opportunity to sell Vardy to the Baggies for 5 mil a couple of years ago, with some even offering to drive them there themselves, now people are suggesting we would and should turn down upwards of 50 million for him! Amazing how far he's come in both ability and popularity.   just last January

Fixed that for you ?

8 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Nor can I. We have built a team and a style of play that makes him prolific. Put him passing the ball around in the final third in a possession based team and he is a bench player to be put on when a big team is under the kosh. He may get a pay rise out of the interest but he should recognise where his bread is buttered. 

I actually disagree, give him a CAM that can thread passes (like king's assist for slim in the last game) and he would crack 30 goals easily IMO.

He is great at running behind defenders using long balls, but he is a beast when he is playing on the shoulders of a flat defence (a la his goal vs man city)

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Last year we had vichai's Instagram page to let us know what was going on. This year we have nowt! 

Shakey is giving out mixed messages of sorts. We wan to keep our best players but we will make decisions on bids once we receive them. 

What is mixed about that? In business you always want to retain your best assets, then comes the offer that just cannot be refused!

Personally I feel that only truly applies to Riyad as I can't see Vards or Drinky moving, but who knows?

The biggest issue I see is people's desperation for the easily accessible news even if it's unreliable, born out of this is wild speculation, dramas and an army of ITKs.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

I actually disagree, give him a CAM that can thread passes (like king's assist for slim in the last game) and he would crack 30 goals easily IMO.

He is great at running behind defenders using long balls, but he is a beast when he is playing on the shoulders of a flat defence (a la his goal vs man city)

Yeah but playing on the shoulders of defenders involves breaking quickly and counter attacking... Many of these possession based sides pass it around the outside of the penalty area for ten minutes whilst people in the box try and get free and I just don't think that is Vardy's game as his goals are scored running into the box at pace - not with his back to goal. 

27 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

What is mixed about that? In business you always want to retain your best assets, then comes the offer that just cannot be refused!

Personally I feel that only truly applies to Riyad as I can't see Vards or Drinky moving, but who knows?

The biggest issue I see is people's desperation for the easily accessible news even if it's unreliable, born out of this is wild speculation, dramas and an army of ITKs.

Does that mean that we really are 'business' ? Some on here keep saying 'we don't need the money'. However, if the owners have their sights on Europe again then they need to have a war chest re FFP as we don't generate enough turnover to compete at that level in the prem. remember Jan 16 saw us needing to buy to try and cement the CL place but our hands were tied re spending too much. 

takes me back to my original point re a v big price for 30 year old vardy potentially being good business despite what it could do in the short term. 

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Does that mean that we really are 'business' ? Some on here keep saying 'we don't need the money'. However, if the owners have their sights on Europe again then they need to have a war chest re FFP as we don't generate enough turnover to compete at that level in the prem. remember Jan 16 saw us needing to buy to try and cement the CL place but our hands were tied re spending too much. 

takes me back to my original point re a v big price for 30 year old vardy potentially being good business despite what it could do in the short term

Like send us down. Vardy is key to our style of play. Iheanacho isn't going to replace that for a while. Brilliant bit of business.

Anyone even considering that we should sell vardy needs their head testing. Regardless of how much is offered, how do we expect to replace him, especially with there being not long left in the transfer window. We would be seriously weakened without him and even if we got £50m for him, we would not be able to find a suitable replacement. The thought of having to play ulloa and okazaki together makes me feel ill! 

Just now, Babylon said:

Unless there is a sell on clause, I just can't believe the club would entertain a bid at this point.

Assume you mean buyout? I would have hoped we learnt from last summer with that! Your right though, the club will no how pivotal he is and the cost of replacing this late would be huge.

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Like send us down. Vardy is key to our style of play. Iheanacho isn't going to replace that for a while. Brilliant bit of business.

I'm not arguing the point. I've been waiting for several years to see how ambitious the owners really are and the next week will go some way to showing us. vichai said all the money the club earned would go back into the club. events with the league winning season skewed everything with the extra money coming in. We couldn't possibly spend that and nor should we in one go!  But if we sell some large assets and end the window with a decent nett spend profit then i would think the ride could be over as far as another euro trip is concerned 

Doesn't sound like someone that's looking to leave.. Chelsea's only got one Nigerian first team player lol

https://www.thecable.ng/jamie-vardy-nigerian-players-keep-speaking-pidgin-english-im-trying-learn

EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian players keep speaking Pidgin English… I want to learn, says Jamie Vardy

Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy says he’s learning how to speak Pidgin English as fluently as the Nigerian players in his team.

Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, and Ahmed Musa are the Nigerian players in Leicester City.

Vardy told TheCable that his only challenge with the Nigerian trio is their Pidgin English which he says is difficult to understand.

“The Nigerian players keep talking- Pidgin English you call it, right? It’s hard to understand,” Vardy told TheCable.

“But I am trying to learn it and speak it like they do.

“They are great players. And as the team is trying to improve, that is why they are brought to the club – to help us improve.

“So, it is left to them to work hard and get on the playing field.

Vardy, who was instrumental in Leicester’s emergence as England’s champions two seasons ago, said breaking Ruud van Nistelrooy’s record of most consecutive goals in the EPL was an emotional experience.

“That was the best achievement of my career as a footballer,” he said.

“At that moment when I realised that I broke Van Nistelrooy’s record, I didn’t know what to do or how to deal with that but I was happy. I was emotional.”

Vardy further said it was too early to predict the winner of the new Premier League season.

“Who knows? This is football. Any club can win it. Or we can too,” he added.

Bullshit paper talk making up speculations to make people think they really are ITK to sound a credible sports journalist  but it's just Bull?!!

Probably got a dodgy chinese whisper from a friends friends aunties uncle brothers sisters twin cousin twice removed mum or dad ??

16 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Assume you mean buyout? I would have hoped we learnt from last summer with that! Your right though, the club will no how pivotal he is and the cost of replacing this late would be huge.

Know. Sorry for being pedantic.

Archived