Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

• 1 month later...

Watching some of his highlights/play, I genuinely believe he is world class. I know people differ on that as a definition but I mean that I think he would be good for any team in the world now. Obviously there are better but delighted he's still here

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Watching some of his highlights/play, I genuinely believe he is world class. I know people differ on that as a definition but I mean that I think he would be good for any team in the world now. Obviously there are better but delighted he's still here

He isn't world class! He is a very good player but you can't put him in that bracket.

14 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I love Vardy. He is a great forward and even disregarding his pace and goals, some of his passing, movement and interplay is fabulous to watch. But I'm not sure I'd call him World Class. He's definatley one of our best strikers ever, but World Class?  

15 minutes ago, the fox said:

He isn't world class! He is a very good player but you can't put him in that bracket.

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I love Vardy. He is a great forward and even disregarding his pace and goals, some of his passing, movement and interplay is fabulous to watch. But I'm not sure I'd call him World Class. He's definatley one of our best strikers ever, but World Class?  

That's why I wanted to qualify want I meant. I think I'm more liberal in my use of that word but I definitely think one of the best strikers in the league.

2 minutes ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

Of course they're interested, Vardy is a brilliant striker. But Leicester would want at least £60m for him and they wouldn't be prepared to pay that. Plus it's so close to the window closing we wouldn't need to stall much to make it impossible anyway.

Chelsea are in a bit of a panic as they know their squad is too small, so names are being thrown around.

I could see this being one of the only options he'd consider; Champions, another crack at the Champions League.....of the top clubs Chelsea are the best suited to his style, as they thrive on the counter and don't mess about too much with excessive  possession. In that sense, Drinkwater and Vardy would be genuine assets to them. 

Iheanacho is going to be a star, but Vardy would require a very good replacement, and I'm not sure there's the time to acquire one so late on. Someone like Kevin Gameiro perhaps?

If this is serious then, unless he has a release clause, the club needs to hold out for at least 100m. Without him we would be in serious danger of relegation I really think he is the difference between us staying up and going down. He is more important to us than Coutinho is to Liverpool.

Archived