Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

If those at the top of the club could step back and take the emotion out of the decision, a bid of fifty million plus would be good business IF awe are prepared to play a different way. No point selling vardy and continuing to be a side that bangs it long and relies on his pressing to get you up the pitch. it would just come back with no respite for the defence and midfield. 

Bearing in in mind that he is probably irreplaceable (so we have to change our ways in a year or two anyway) , there is a rule in business that you make a change asap as dragging it out is rarely rewarding.  I would discount this rumour as nonsense but part of me wonders if Top has a number in his head where he feels it a sensible business call. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If those at the top of the club could step back and take the emotion out of the decision, a bid of fifty million plus would be good business IF awe are prepared to play a different way. No point selling vardy and continuing to be a side that bangs it long and relies on his pressing to get you up the pitch. it would just come back with no respite for the defence and midfield. 

Bearing in in mind that he is probably irreplaceable (so we have to change our ways in a year or two anyway) , there is a rule in business that you make a change asap as dragging it out is rarely rewarding.  I would discount this rumour as nonsense but part of me wonders if Top has a number in his head where he feels it a sensible business call. 

That is a slant worth considering, however its too soon for me. This team still operates pretty well in the way that it does, thats why they've kept Shakespeare imo. You can see the difference Maguire makes in having a CB who is good with the ball, that can be seen as part of a slow transformation to a different sort of side, but for this season its going to be more or less the same style, maybe moving away from it step by step each transfer window.

But yeah, i think these rumours are based on a fleeting interest they had a months ago from what i've read, nothing serious

12 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

That is a slant worth considering, however its too soon for me. This team still operates pretty well in the way that it does, thats why they've kept Shakespeare imo. You can see the difference Maguire makes in having a CB who is good with the ball, that can be seen as part of a slow transformation to a different sort of side, but for this season its going to be more or less the same style, maybe moving away from it step by step each transfer window.

But yeah, i think these rumours are based on a fleeting interest they had a months ago from what i've read, nothing serious

A bit of devils advocate on my part but given Chelsea's current position, the player has a chance of being the no 1 forward for them this season and we would never again get a fee for him like we could now. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A bit of devils advocate on my part but given Chelsea's current position, the player has a chance of being the no 1 forward for them this season and we would never again get a fee for him like we could now. 

Thats true. Its not like Arsenal, he could probably thrive at Chelsea. Would make for an interesting season for us too!

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We haven't got the players to suddenly change the way we play. In fact we haven't even got the players we need to play the way we do play, well not a full squad.

I would genuinely consider walking away from football if we lost Vardy, Mahrez would be bad enough but not Vardy. I'm already dreading him hanging up his boots for us when he's 41 but this is a horrible worry. Hopefully they get Belotti and anyway they don't play 2 strikers and already have Morata and Batshuyi.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It's got nothing to do with emotion, we are fvcked without Vardy.

If we start playing a different way we're automatically a worse team. We have found a way to play that is different to how most clubs play yet is often more effective. That is a quality we need to keep for as long as possible.

Once we lose the style of play we just become like every other club below the top 7. Trying to play the same way as them with inferior players. See Southampton. Good side, decent players, pass the ball, but have only limited potential. Or worse, we revert to Pulisball nd stagnate in lower midtable until we are relegated.

Even if we do plan to play a different way when Vardy's over the hill, we'll need a lot more quality in midfield. In any case, pace is a massive asset in the Premier League and a lot easier to find than top quality players. We should be building teams around pace because it's something medium-sized clubs can get hold of which is very difficult for anyone to stop. There is no substitute for it.

I dread us becoming a slow build-up, possession side. It's boring to watch unless you've got really gifted players and as I've said it's limited for clubs like us.

Just now, Gerard said:

His age is the thing that keeps him here.

I just can't see any middle ground in a figure we would accept and what the buying club would be prepared to pay.

This, exactly. He's worth far more to us than any other club would be willing to pay given his age. 

world cup year helps us a lot, too. he knows we play his way, he's our main man and barring injury he can back himself to play 38 games and score as many goals as possible. 

go go to a team with a different style, be a sub and he's not going to russia. simple as that. no chance he'll leave. 

Archived