Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

Everton trying to gazump Chelsea's £40million transfer of Jamie Vardy from Leicester

Ronald Koeman has spent £150m this summer but still needs a proven striker after selling top scorer Romelu Lukaku

Everton are making a shock bid to hijack Chelsea’s £40million move for striker Jamie Vardy.

Goodison boss Ronald Koeman believes that a proven striker would be the last piece of the jigsaw after a £150m spending splurge aimed at breaking into the top four.

Leicester forward Vardy turned down a move last summer to Arsenal, but both Chelsea and Everton believe he is open to a new challenge.

Everton’s hand is strengthened with former Leicester talent spotter Steve Walsh, now director of football at Goodison Park.

Vardy, 30, signed a new deal last year, worth around £100,000 a week, but he knows that both Everton and Chelsea would increase his earning power and add to the Premier League title-winner’s medal he earned with the Foxes.

Steve Walsh the new Director of Football at Everton FC shakes the hand of Team Manager Ronald Koeman at Finch Farm on July 21, 2016 in Halewood, England.

On 25/08/2017 at 13:02, Chrysalis said:

I cannot see vardy leaving even if he makes a huge fuss.

He is more vital than mahrez yet we turned down large offers for mahrez.

No we turned down pathetic offers for Mahrez.

Vardy is 30 and we are unlikely to get anything like 40 mill after this season. If he is , in addition, pushing for a move this could be on.

I will be sorry if he leaves and would like to think we have a plan to rebuild (which we will have to do at some stage in any case). Hopefully we will see something more inspiring than a move for Townsend if this does come about. I am less convinced that our recruitment team are as useless as some make out

I would like us to bid again for Hirst of Sheff Wed who looks to have a bright long term future and in a few years may be just what we need

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Vardy is 30 and we are unlikely to get anything like 40 mill after this season. If he is , in addition, pushing for a move this could be on.

I will be sorry if he leaves and would like to think we have a plan to rebuild (which we will have to do at some stage in any case). Hopefully we will see something more inspiring than a move for Townsend if this does come about. I am less convinced that our recruitment team are as useless as some make out

I would like us to bid again for Hirst of Sheff Wed who looks to have a bright long term future and in a few years may be just what we need

Agree but that won't solve the issue if vardy leaves.

Definitely one summer too early to change our style completely but if the player was interested in a move  then would certainly be the time to cash in and drive the resources to get someone in but we have already seen that the best players won't come here without distorting our wage structure too much. 

I think the clever move is not to sell

Everton are trying to placate their fanbase as without the Barkley transfer yielding 30m they prob don't have dosh to get the striker they need to. 

Why would anyone bid 25/30m for him now when he can play half a season post November and is free next may!! 

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

We're ****ed if he goes. Simple as. 

He's worth £100m to us without doubt.

In  that case, I hope the club are offering him an improved contract .............

we can't have it both ways. If another club are prepared to pay him another's 50k/week then we risk an unhappy player by making him stay. not saying vardy wants to move but when he goes on an England trip he is the 'poor relation' in his age group and he must realise that. we kept our 'Crown Jewels ' with the CL campaign ahead. If we want to continue to do so, we must do the sums. These players agents know what extra revenue was driven last season by the club and maybe they are angling for their clients to see a larger share of it. mahrez' problem is the perception that he may not be able to reach the levels he had in 15/16. Vardy doesn't suffer that problem given his England profile and form once claudio left. 

Archived