Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Win it for Chelsea?

Last season, Chelsea players went out of their way to say that they wanted us, rather than Spurs, to win the title. In the penultimate game of the season, they delivered on their promise.

Our penultimate game of this season is Tottenham. Do we want Mahrez to get the ball off Vardy and curl one into the top corner, so as to deprive Spurs for a second season running.

I, for one, would be happy for Ngolo and Chelsea to win the League. What do you think?

We won the league by ourselves let's just beat spurs for ourselves.

Chelsea didn't want spurs to win it so by default they wanted us to win it.

Let Chelsea win it for themselves.

I don't want either of them to win the league :(

Chelsea because they are already in prime position to steal our players, and we really don't need our players to love Chelsea any more than they already do.

Tottenham for obvious reasons from last season, however they won't steal our players because they don't pay enough.

Either of them bottling the title will be hilarious, though I think Chelsea bottling it will be funnier, and better for us.

Neither Chelsea nor Spurs are historical or local rivals. Couldn't give a monkey's which one wins.

If I absolutely had to choose then I'd go for Spurs for the novelty factor and because they have a lot of good homegrown players.

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Chelsea didn't want us to win it, they just didn't want Spurs to win it!! If that makes sense lol 

It does.

I hope we win the game for ourselves, this Tottenham stuff is getting very odd, the game is a month away.

Chelsea never won the title for anyone last season but they did enjoy destroying any lingering chance Spurs had of catching Leicester.

It would of course be fun to dash Spurs hopes this time around since they have never really been nice about Leicester winning the title.

21 minutes ago, brucey said:

I don't want either of them to win the league :(

Chelsea because they are already in prime position to steal our players, and we really don't need our players to love Chelsea any more than they already do.

Tottenham for obvious reasons from last season, however they won't steal our players because they don't pay enough.

Either of them bottling the title will be hilarious, though I think Chelsea bottling it will be funnier, and better for us.

Chelsea will still be seen as an attraction for our players even if they finished fourth.  Even more so now that they have got Conte managing them.

13 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Chelsea didn't want us to win it, they just didn't want Spurs to win it!! If that makes sense lol 

Partly yes but they also wanted us to win it for the whole underdog fairytale shebang as well. 

The remit for the rest of the season is now finish as high as possible, but I really would Kevin Keegan-esque love it if Tottenham stayed close to Chelsea from now till the end of the season, coming to us with 2 games left, we beat them, Chelsea win the league, the scenes would be unbelievable and I almost feel it'd be a nice reminder (If we needed one) of last season's scenes and celebrations, I feel we could celebrate with Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Chelsea will still be seen as an attraction for our players even if they finished fourth.  Even more so now that they have got Conte managing them.

Yeah, but Chelsea might be marginally less attractive finishing second than first (champions of england and all that), whereas it doesn't really matter with Spurs.

Also hoping Arsenal stay out of the top 4 as I think they are the only other team in the top 6 that would aggressively approach and steal our players

11 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Partly yes but they also wanted us to win it for the whole underdog fairytale shebang as well. 

I have my doubts! In fact I can't imagine they give a rat's arse about football underdogs or fairy tales If they did they'd give some of their easy earned money to support clubs going out of business.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

I have my doubts! In fact I can't imagine they give a rat's arse about football underdogs or fairy tales If they did they'd give some of their easy earned money to support clubs going out of business.

I recall Fabregas coming out and saying something to effect.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2016/04/18/22545422/fabregas-i-dont-want-spurs-to-win-the-premier-league

I agree that it would be a very slim factor in the whole grand scheme though.  It is clear that Chelsea is more motivated by their rivalry with Spurs (Not sure when that came from tbh- Carling Cup finals?) 

47 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Neither Chelsea nor Spurs are historical or local rivals. Couldn't give a monkey's which one wins.

If I absolutely had to choose then I'd go for Spurs for the novelty factor and because they have a lot of good homegrown players.

Well that is true but Spurs... I can't even say the word without being a little bit sick in my throat.

Imagine we do hand chelsea the title via a draw or win against spurs. And resort to time wasting in the corner  like chelsea  did last year when they drew level lol.

Spiteful? 

Spurs players starting dirty fouls and red  cards come out?

10 hours ago, 49er said:

Last season, Chelsea players went out of their way to say that they wanted us, rather than Spurs, to win the title. In the penultimate game of the season, they delivered on their promise.

Our penultimate game of this season is Tottenham. Do we want Mahrez to get the ball off Vardy and curl one into the top corner, so as to deprive Spurs for a second season running.

I, for one, would be happy for Ngolo and Chelsea to win the League. What do you think?

I do like the symmetry of this scenario

Archived