Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

21 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

He would be ideal for us but I fear we may have missed the boat with this caliber of signing.

I disagree. I think if Gylfi was going to a huge club he'd have gone already. 

I think we over state how good he is, he's not world class. He'd be a great signing for a team of our stature but not an unbelievable one.

He'll be at Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Southampton or the like next year.

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

would love iheanacho here tbh, definitely realistic as I dont think Pep fancies him 

Exactly and his agent is saying he should leave Man city to get game time. Jesus is going to be their main man I think with aguero. If he wants to play regularly he's not going to get in the big six clubs especially as they are probably going to buy others. Perfect signing all round. Only 19 too. 

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I disagree. I think if Gylfi was going to a huge club he'd have gone already. 

I think we over state how good he is, he's not world class. He'd be a great signing for a team of our stature but not an unbelievable one.

He'll be at Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Southampton or the like next year.

Gylfi left spurs because he wanted to play. He may just stick around at swans if they stay up as he plays week in week out. Good shout though if possible. I like Drinky and he will always be a legend for winning the league but his goal scoring record in the prem is just not good enough for a team that's trying to go places. Mahrez scored for 3 players last year so we kind of got a way with it but we need more goals from the middle. Even more so as Okazaki doesn't score enough either again I like Okazaki though.

Ndidi looks like even though he's great at mopping up that he will score 5+ a season. 

On 22 April 2017 at 10:39, ramadaone said:

I'd like a young centre half no one has heard of from a lower league team 

Sounds like you might well be right but only if the first choice doesn't sign very soon ?

59 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Exactly and his agent is saying he should leave Man city to get game time. Jesus is going to be their main man I think with aguero. If he wants to play regularly he's not going to get in the big six clubs especially as they are probably going to buy others. Perfect signing all round. Only 19 too. 

We should go all out for him. Class striker. Time to improve his game too.

4 hours ago, (.) (.) said:

Maguire or Gibson.

An attacking left back.

An attacking right back.

A boss passer, perhaps we can rewind time and get Pirlo in his prime in.

Kasper

? Huth Gibson ?

? Drinkwater Ndidi

Mahrez

Slim  Vardy

hashtag sorted

If we play 3 in the middle at the back. We don't need an attacking right back as Albrighton is quality there. Secondly Fuchs delivery an ability to get forward is second to none. Plus his throw ins are a great option for us. 

I agree with your Centre back options... n Silva is the option we should go for in the middle of the park.

I'd like us to sign a "quarterback"-style midfielder as competition/support for Drinkwater. Someone comfortable in possession who can sit in front of the back four and control the tempo of the game, or ping balls forward to set up counter attacks. It would also allow Ndidi to get forward more. Carrick would be ideal, or a younger version.

1 minute ago, Far Post Gerry said:

I'd like us to sign a "quarterback"-style midfielder as competition/support for Drinkwater. Someone comfortable in possession who can sit in front of the back four and control the tempo of the game, or ping balls forward to set up counter attacks. It would also allow Ndidi to get forward more. Carrick would be ideal, or a younger version.

That's pretty much Drinkwater's role already. He's had a poor year but I expect him to bounce back next season.

Matty James will be good backup for him Imo.

I'd rather sign someone to compete for Ndidi's position.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Has there been anymore rumours of Adrien Silva from Sporting joining in the summer or has that died out completely? 

I imagine that that one has died seeing as we're not in the Champions League.

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Seems like we'll make a run at Gibson, now that Boro have dropped.

I don't really have an opinion on how good Gibson is but I'd like us to sign one centre half who is better than what we have.

Let Huth and Morgan compete to be his partner and the loser sits on the bench.

Benalouane to be sold and Amartey 4th choice or Benalouane to be 4th choice.

I'd like us to sign quality players that will improve the first team, and not bench warmers. If we made just 2-3 signings, but they were top class ones, I'd personally be happy as we have fewer games next season and already have a core team that plays well together. Ndidi is the proof of this, he really did improve the team big time.

As many have said, Gylfi Sigurdsson would be a dream signing. He was actually my first choice last season! I feel he could do the Okazaki role and offer so much more. He's used to grafting at both club and country level, but is a real class act. I expect he will go to Everton, but that will annoy me as they aren't that great. If we cant get him, then someone who is a proven improvement on Shinji. I really like the guy and we play better with him in the team, but the stats prove that it's an area that we could improve on. And I don't think we need to sell him either, he will still be a good player to have around.

We definitely need a new centre back, even if they don't go straight into the first team. Gibson seems reasonable as the Keane boat has long since sailed. We may go back in for Acerbici from Italy and who knows, he may be good. But honestly I think we need to think about who is the next Wes Morgan who is going to be here for years and the voice of the dressing room.

Finally though a luxury, another CM to challenge Drinwkater would be great, although conceivably this could be the same player that comes in as a number 10. Drinky was on fire during the early part of the season, but has been terrible in other parts. I suspect without Kante he just can't play his best every game, so having another option would be valuable. Adrien Silva would be great here, but I don't think we can get him now. Premier League teams these days can buy the best players that the Portugese and Dutch leagues have to offer, so I'd look closely there to see if there is someone that fits the bill.

35 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Sandro at Malaga is available for 6 million and a lot of Spanish football Journos on twitter reckon he's going to be the absolute bargain of the summer (other than Riyad). 

We were sniffing about him last summer as well, on a free transfer. Let's hope we're still interested as he's had a superb season.

43 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Sandro at Malaga is available for 6 million and a lot of Spanish football Journos on twitter reckon he's going to be the absolute bargain of the summer (other than Riyad). 

Scored more than gameiro and played one less game, would be a great signing imo 

45 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

There were Pictures of Walsh and Koeman at the Malaga game last week. 

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We were sniffing about him last summer as well, on a free transfer. Let's hope we're still interested as he's had a superb season.

Been linked with Everton & Newcastle so theres no reason we couldn't get him if we fancied him 

20 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd like us to sign quality players that will improve the first team, and not bench warmers. If we made just 2-3 signings, but they were top class ones, I'd personally be happy as we have fewer games next season and already have a core team that plays well together. Ndidi is the proof of this, he really did improve the team big time.

As many have said, Gylfi Sigurdsson would be a dream signing. He was actually my first choice last season! I feel he could do the Okazaki role and offer so much more. He's used to grafting at both club and country level, but is a real class act. I expect he will go to Everton, but that will annoy me as they aren't that great. If we cant get him, then someone who is a proven improvement on Shinji. I really like the guy and we play better with him in the team, but the stats prove that it's an area that we could improve on. And I don't think we need to sell him either, he will still be a good player to have around.

We definitely need a new centre back, even if they don't go straight into the first team. Gibson seems reasonable as the Keane boat has long since sailed. We may go back in for Acerbici from Italy and who knows, he may be good. But honestly I think we need to think about who is the next Wes Morgan who is going to be here for years and the voice of the dressing room.

Finally though a luxury, another CM to challenge Drinwkater would be great, although conceivably this could be the same player that comes in as a number 10. Drinky was on fire during the early part of the season, but has been terrible in other parts. I suspect without Kante he just can't play his best every game, so having another option would be valuable. Adrien Silva would be great here, but I don't think we can get him now. Premier League teams these days can buy the best players that the Portugese and Dutch leagues have to offer, so I'd look closely there to see if there is someone that fits the bill.

Agreed. People treat it like an afterthought that Everton is "a superior place to play" then Leicester. If Lukaku leaves in the summer, I don't see them being that attractive of an option. I would think Gylfi would have aspirations of playing for a top 4 side in the champions league, but he might not have offers from those type of clubs. 

The one thing I will say is, he may not fancy playing our style of football. He may prefer the plodding, pass the ball around and try and unlock the defense type game that Everton usually play, compared to putting in the defensive work and counterattacking like we do. 

Archived