Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Leicester Mercury says, after talks, he's 'happy' to stay..

Probably told that Mahrez is on his way and he'll get first dibs at the wing starting spot. :ph34r:

Clearly Bournemouth would not have made an offer without encouragement 

assume must have been his agent - now he has a solid salary offer to beat rudkin over the head with 

we either match it (or come close) or he wants to leave - on his salary I doubt putting a transfer request in would lose him much on loyalty payment 

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Very probably the case. I just hope there's a replacement lined up to fight for the spot. 

There's no-one good enough out there to rival Gray - Neymar is going to PSG.

We have more important areas to strengthen such as RB and CB. We should gazump the Serge Aurier deal :P and then get Smalling and Gibson in for the price of Mahrez. Top 6 assured.

If we lose Gray to Bournemouth would raise serious questions and alarm bells.We saw what he could do again on Tuesday and for the U21s over the summer.Of course he has ambition and needs careful management and encouragement.

In any case £20 million for England's best young midfield prospect is still an under valuation not that I believe we should sell at any price particularly to mid table sides who should have a smaller budget than ourselves.

Just now, foxes21 said:

tbf it's not like they're bidding for one of our first team players

I was joking. Exactly. No doubt if he did go we'd get ripped for a player wanting to leave to Bournemouth, regardless of the fact he can't get in for us.

I can't wait for the season to start, the transfer window to end and all this SkyBet driven transfer rubbish to end.  People wanting Gray to be gone are misguided in my opinion.  

The lad clearly has talent but still lacks judgement, or tries to do too much.  That needs to be coached out of him either through strong man management or game time, where he will learn he doesn't have to pack a highlights reel into 10 mins.

Playing devil's advocate for a second, I can see his frustration.  Played week in week out with Birmingham, almost to the point he was the fulcrum of their team, that had a similar counter attacking style to Leicester.  Then down to us having the best season ever, he didn't get any game time.  Last season, he could have been introduced way more though, but again, rotation wasn't something we did. He's maybe not a starter, but he's certainly better than 5 mins here, 10 mins there, and the odd start.  

28 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We need to bin Mahrez off or risk losing two players, not one.

Mahrez is doing us no favours at all.  I'm surprised by the level of kindness he's getting from the FT massive.

Yes, very surprising.

I can only think that the fact he scored 17 goals and provided 11 assists in the season that we won the league for the only time in our entire history has bought him a bit of leeway.

Strange.

21 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Yes, very surprising.

I can only think that the fact he scored 17 goals and provided 11 assists in the season that we won the league for the only time in our entire history has bought him a bit of leeway.

Strange.

lol 

to be fair he hasn't done himself any favours with the wanting to move malarkey 

33 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Yes, very surprising.

Strange.

it did, last season when we put up with him playing like crap most weeks instead of dropping him like any other player

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We need to bin Mahrez off or risk losing two players, not one.

Mahrez is doing us no favours at all.  I'm surprised by the level of kindness he's getting from the FT massive.

Behave. We're obviously holding out for as much money as possible. It's not Mahrez's fault is it that clubs won't shell serious money for him. He's done his part by asking the club to leave and I'm sure we're willing to do that but obviously at a price. 

Why can't Gray play in the same team with Mahrez? Maybe drop Albrighton and give Gray a run in the side or is that asking for trouble?

To go further Gray needs to realise he needs to get his head down and crack on and improve in training if he wants to start instead of perhaps moaning about it. 

I'm pretty sure that Gray will always be a player on the verge of leaving. If he doesn't get game time he's wanting to leave. When he does inevitably get more game time, within a couple of months it'll be Gray looking for a team to match his ambitions. I just think this noise follows him around, be it due to his agent or how he is. Either way I think we'll see him around for the next season or so then it'll be a move for one of these reasons. Until then we're probably best to ignore some of the histrionics and enjoy what time he has with us! A move to Bournemouth would be a retrograde step for him IMO. Judging by the way they bench certain players, there's no guarantee it'll secure him the 1st team Premier League football that he feels he deserves at such a tender age. Stick with City Demerai and let your football finally do the talking FFS.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Sky Sports News is still a thing? lol

Sky Sports "News"

(I refuse to use "fake news" as Trump came up with that and that guy is a ***************************** - I would be banned for life for too much profanity if I didn't blank it out!" 

13 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Sky Sports "News"

(I refuse to use "fake news" as Trump came up with that and that guy is a ***************************** - I would be banned for life for too much profanity if I didn't blank it out!" 

doubt you'd be banned but the Secret Service might have paid you a visit

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

doubt you'd be banned but the Secret Service might have paid you a visit

LOL, probably, and forced me to watch the new "Real News" channel on Facebook that Trump's daughter in law is now presenting

It's funny because Bournemouth have a lot of wingers, a few selfish/bad performances and he'd be right back to square one again - except (and with the greatest of respect to Bournemouth) with a smaller team...

My thoughts are simple, if he thinks he is the finished deal now and doesn't need to improve himself - then he has to leave - because that proves to me his head is full of fantasy and he's not actually interested in becoming a better player. Leicester City does not need a player who constantly shoots wide from the wing and wastes good opportunities for the team - and he does it all the god damn time to the point of sheer frustration for me. While Mahrez played bad last year generally speaking - Gray didn't do anything better in his appearances either, simple as.

However if he gets his head down, works on his game - does more of the knock ons and runs past defenders - and learns how to better judge what to do when he gets the ball wide - then he's got a place here. He's not the finished article now, infact if we are talking right now in this moment - i'd prefer to have Lloyd Dyer here as we'd get better assists and results from him right now than Demi (here comes the flaming lol)

He's got so much potential - but all this rubbish going on with him is starting to try my patence now. I hope he can find the right part of his head to approach this season with a better mentality - because him and his agent aren't going to be picking the team - Shakey is. I don't want to see such a talent leave, but also i haven't got the patience to deal with him if this is going to go on and on, it'll only cause problems behind the scenes - as im sure it already did last season.

Demi, go out there and prove me wrong, prove you can be the player you think you are!

Archived