Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

12 hours ago, Collymore said:

Just got out. Max Bramley what performance! Unbelievable saves and aerial command.

We looked strong and physical against a strong Carlisle team. 

I thought Josh Knight and Sam Hughes were magnificent in the centre as well.  On that peformance, either could be pushing for a regular spot on the first team bench in the Premiership, as well as League cup run outs.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

The club misspelled Sherif's name on his shirt, that's a bit embarrassing.

didn't have high hopes for the game as Bramley had a huge mare his last few games, but sounds like he was pretty much MOTM with 6 saves lol

He was a bit shaky in the first half, didn't dominate his area and was slow in coming out to pick balls up; but seemed a different guy in the second half.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Needed a Carlisle goal for £550, sounds like I've been screwed over by Bramley! haha

Or by your addiction to gambling. :P

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

I thought Josh Knight and Sam Hughes were magnificent in the centre as well.  On that peformance, either could be pushing for a regular spot on the first team bench in the Premiership, as well as League cup run outs.

Josh Knight sounds like a decent player and reports always seem to postitive about his perfromances.  Seems strange/worrying that it was rumoured he was being released this time last season...?!?

21 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Great save at the end.  

Where did you sit?

@Wrighty22Did you see the one in the first half too from the header? He also took 2 crosses that I would have expected KAsper to have spilled.  I was in with the Carlisle fans in the main stand as a I went with Carlisle supporting mate. 

Must have felt good when the the players came over and clapped at the end! Probably a clap per fan :D

I did manage to shout Max's name when he was walking into the tunnel. He kind of half acknowledged me and probably a bit confused! 

@bald reynard Yeah  Knight was awesome, just headed so many away and was good physically. Choudhury was bossing the area in front of the defence too. 

I was right behind the Leicester dugout and Beages is a good coach. Because the atmosphere was so dead I could hear all the conversations and he was the puppet master. The number 70 who came on, Kelvin someone?, he talked him through the game positioning him to save a certain goal - he forecast the play many phases before and got him into position at the back post and the lad managed to get his head to it to put it out for a corner.  Quality coach. 

There was actually a group of Carlisle fans that were out for trouble trying to start fights with their own fans! Unbelievable for a cheackatrade match! They were accusing the whole stand of not supporting their team and moved around shouting at everyone telling them they were a "f***ing disgrace" :o

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

Leicester City’s Hamza Choudhury has been nominated for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award after a string of fine displays in September.

- Hamza Choudhury is up for the September PL2 Player of the Month award
- The 20-year-old midfielder has been in impressive form the for the Under-23s this term
- Choudhury also made his senior Club debut against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup
- The winner will be announced on Friday 13 October

The Academy graduate helped the Development Squad to three wins in four matches throughout September before also featuring during the 1-0 Checkatrade Trophy success at Carlisle on Tuesday.

Choudhury made his senior Club debut during City’s 2-0 Carabao Cup victory over Liverpool at King Power Stadium last month after being nominated for the August PL2 award.

The winner will be announced at 9.30am on Friday 13 October, 2017.

The nominees in full:

Joseph Nuttall 
Blackburn Rovers 

Luke Thomas 
Derby County

Hamza Choudhury 
Leicester City

Harry Wilson 
Liverpool 

Brahim Diaz 
Manchester City 

Donovan Wilson 
Wolverhampton Wanderers 

Callum Hudson-Odi 
Chelsea 

Oliver McBurnie 
Swansea City

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Leicester City’s Hamza Choudhury has been nominated for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month award after a string of fine displays in September.

- Hamza Choudhury is up for the September PL2 Player of the Month award
- The 20-year-old midfielder has been in impressive form the for the Under-23s this term
- Choudhury also made his senior Club debut against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup
- The winner will be announced on Friday 13 October

The Academy graduate helped the Development Squad to three wins in four matches throughout September before also featuring during the 1-0 Checkatrade Trophy success at Carlisle on Tuesday.

Choudhury made his senior Club debut during City’s 2-0 Carabao Cup victory over Liverpool at King Power Stadium last month after being nominated for the August PL2 award.

The winner will be announced at 9.30am on Friday 13 October, 2017.

The nominees in full:

Joseph Nuttall 
Blackburn Rovers 

Luke Thomas 
Derby County

Hamza Choudhury 
Leicester City

Harry Wilson 
Liverpool 

Brahim Diaz 
Manchester City 

Donovan Wilson 
Wolverhampton Wanderers 

Callum Hudson-Odi 
Chelsea 

Oliver McBurnie 
Swansea City

How has Thomas not got the nod for this?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

DMAlYc_X4AAYQbY.thumb.jpg.5dbd6dfe84ec15626b6240530b56a4ab.jpg

No young guns on the bench Monday then.

Last U23 game for a while this so hopefully some will train with the 1st's and play against Leeds....

... clutching.. 

Is GeorgeThomas in that U23 line up (is it him third from the right) ?  I was hoping he could get a place on the bench for the First team against West Brom.  He deserves it.

Edited by bald reynard