Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

European Football 17/18

Makes sense for Neymar I think, won all there is to win at club level with Barca, being the biggest player in ligue 1 should help his brand I guess, plus if he helps them win the champions league he's got more chance for the Balon d'or than he would have at Barca being overshadowed by Messi and Suarez all the time.

If it is actually happening (according to some media reports, it hasn't fully gone through yet), then it'll be interesting to see what kind of chain reaction it could cause, with loads of players moving to La Liga due to Barcelona investing and PSG having to let go of a few of their other high earners.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

If it is actually happening (according to some media reports, it hasn't fully gone through yet), then it'll be interesting to see what kind of chain reaction it could cause, with loads of players moving to La Liga due to Barcelona investing and PSG having to let go of a few of their other high earners.

Pretty sure it has gone through lol

10 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Makes sense for Neymar I think, won all there is to win at club level with Barca, being the biggest player in ligue 1 should help his brand I guess, plus if he helps them win the champions league he's got more chance for the Balon d'or than he would have at Barca being overshadowed by Messi and Suarez all the time.

I think that's why he's done it (beside the obvious £££ on the table). Brazilians are obsessed with the Balon D'or and he'd never win it if he isn't even the outstanding player in his own team.

Neymar transfer to PSG done. Good, really good.

Those spanish [la liga] and catalans cvnts learned a lesson.

They can't own the football.

If there's something good about these big arab, asian, russian investors buying football Clubs, is that they have enough money to show some traditional big Clubs they can't own football and they can't always get what they want just because they're big guys and all others are small.

Neymar going to PSG is like the bully taking a beat from the small lad.

Great.

Edited by SCP1906

17 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

Neymar transfer to PSG done. Good, really good.

Those spanish [la liga] and catalans cvnts learned a lesson.

They can't own the football.

If there's something good about these big arab, asian, russian investors buying football Clubs, is they have enough money to show some traditional big Clubs they can't own football and they can't always get what they want just because they're are big guys and all others are small.

Neymar going to PSG is like the bully taking a beat from the small lad.

Great.

Yeah, great, these traditional big clubs don't own football - oil billionaires do. 

You're right, that's much better. 

What good news this transfer is. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, great, these traditional big clubs don't own football - oil billionaires do. 

You're right, that's much better. 

What good news this transfer is. 

Sorry for my mistake, you're right.. Since Abramovich bought Chelsea, Chelsea owned english and european/UEFA football, only losing a bit these last couple of years to Manchester City that spends even more than the russian.

Barcelona and Real Madrid these last decade had really poor performances in Champions league when they play against all those Clubs with rich owners.

Look at these table with UEFA Champions League winners:

owD8UO4.png

Bastards oil bilionaires that changed football forever.

Real Madrid, the biggest Club in XX century, can't win nothing nowadays.

Leicester City Premier League title was only a dream too, despite having a rich owner the budget was so much lower than Man City.

We all know that's the money who scores goals.

Edited by SCP1906

12 hours ago, Worthington said:

Obscene amounts of cash, both for the transfer fee and the wages.

Going to be very interesting to see whether this ends up being inspired, (and PSG win the CL), or an almighty flop.

Neymar has been exceptional for Barca, but that might be due to being surrounded by 'perfect' teammates. Can't get it out of my mind though how, with the pressure of unlimited expectation, he disappointed at Brazil14!

He was injured in Brazil... He played really well in the Olympics though which led to Brazil winning gold.

And in PSG he won't have bad teammates by any means 

• 2 weeks later...

Paulinho is actually a decent player but it's a terrible signing. Messi and Suarez are both into their thirties now I think - Iniesta and Busquets are ageing as well so I can see them entering a barren period especially when Real have so much depth.

Barca should have signed Ceballos before RM did, would have made more sense.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Feel like Messi will be gone by next summer. He is 30 and his career will be on the decline sooner than later (still think he will be a great player for 3 more years). Barca should cash in while  they can. 

Love to see him in a Notts kit.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Usain Bolt seriously considering a career in pro football.

Well, he's fast. But what about his skills and technique with the ball?

Reminds me of a Lloyd Dyer, just without the talent. :ph34r:

Publicity stunt? Squeezing out a little more sponsorship money for his early retirement.