Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

Bradley Lowery

Just seen that he has passed away. Tragic news, captured the hearts of millions. Football means nothing compared to things like this and it brings all fans together. RIP Bradley, keep smiling up there. Also Defoe as sports personality of the year hands down.

Bloody hell :( I knew it was coming but reading it still hurts.

Poor lad, really gave it his all.

Can't be right that such a violent, nasty and painful thing can happen to such a sweet, caring, loving, happy child.

Rest in peace Bradley :cry:

So, so sad. I don't know the background to his illness but I guess I'm surprised in today's world of modern science and technology that there was no more they could do for the little fella :(

I've been really touched by how Defoe has taken him to his heart and shown him such love. In times where professional footballers deservedly get a lot of stick sometimes, I think he's been a shining example of compassion and humility.

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

So, so sad. I don't know the background to his illness but I guess I'm surprised in today's world of modern science and technology that there was no more they could do for the little fella :(

I've been really touched by how Defoe has taken him to his heart and shown him such love. In times where professional footballers deservedly get a lot of stick sometimes, I think he's been a shining example of compassion and humility.

His friendship with Bradley Mirrored that of Muzzy Izzett and a young girl... Not sure how much people know bout that....

I used to work in the pediatric Intensive care Unit at the Leicester Royal Infirmary and whilst it wouldn't be right to go into too much detail, during a family holiday this girl took ill... Had an inoperable tumor/ cancer. Wanted to meet her hero Muzzy Izzet and he made it happen.  But he didnt just walk away , they became close friends and they were in daily contact right up until the end. He went to her funeral.

I'll always respect him for the care and love he showed her.

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

His friendship with Bradley Mirrored that of Muzzy Izzett and a young girl... Not sure how much people know bout that....

I used to work in the pediatric Intensive care Unit at the Leicester Royal Infirmary and whilst it wouldn't be right to go into too much detail, during a family holiday this girl took ill... Had an inoperable tumor/ cancer. Wanted to meet her hero Muzzy Izzet and he made it happen.  But he didnt just walk away , they became close friends and they were in daily contact right up until the end. He went to her funeral.

I'll always respect him for the care and love he showed her.

Massive respect to you mate for doing that kind of work, there's no way I could do a job like that. 

I had no idea about that Muzzy story. I always knew he was a top bloke but he's just gone up in legendary status even more for me having read that.

I appreciate you can't go into detail but thanks for sharing. It warms the heart to hear of these stories that happen 'behind the scenes'. What a classy bloke...

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Massive respect to you mate for doing that kind of work, there's no way I could do a job like that. 

I had no idea about that Muzzy story. I always knew he was a top bloke but he's just gone up in legendary status even more for me having read that.

I appreciate you can't go into detail but thanks for sharing. It warms the heart to hear of these stories that happen 'behind the scenes'. What a classy bloke...

He would sit with her so her parents could go get  a break/ something to eat...

I'm lost for words... anything that comes to mind feels so insignificant to anything that Bradley showed us in his short life.

The one thought is whether I look into Nobel Prize nominations - for he is that deserving and it is so important that his memory lives on.

A real shame. Lump in the throat stuff.

Before all this, I think a lot of us associated Defoe with being a decent enough player to keep scoring even at lowly clubs and probs also being a bit of a playa with the ladies.

Gone right up in my estimation.

And reading that stuff about Muzzy proper brought a lump to the throat, an' all....

Archived