Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

Liverpool were excellent and the crowd superb, but Man City were dreadful, so one-dimensional and not very good at that dimension. 

Tonight I realised I really want to hate Man City but I can't, and I really want to like Liverpool but I can't.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Van Dijk is one of the select band of players who always gets his full name said by commentators.

Virgil Van Dijk this, Virgil Van Dijk that.

Weird.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Harry Arter is probably the most annoying one.

They've started with Leroy Sane too.

Don’t forget England’s best striker ?? never Kane ...always Arry Kane 

Fair play Liverpool...brilliant attacking display first half and very good defensively second half...Now let’s watch them crumble and lose to Everton at the weekend while Man City thump Man Utd 

Guardiola's tactics were bizarre tonight to say the least. No Sterling, Gundogan on the right, De Bruyne in a deeper role, Jesus as a lone striker. Not sure what his master plan was but it's fair to see he definitely ****ed it right up. Trying to be a bit too clever perhaps?

I think it warrants a special mention

This weeks Champion-league quarter finals games,thrown up some great games and moments.

There is football,then there is football..

Get a Journalist From  the Puskas and di Stefano era, they would  be frothing!!

Pep clearly learned nothing from the game at Anfield in the league, and got the same result, nothing.

City are capable of winning the second leg however but it's a huge task now.

Liverpool were fantastic first half. Man City chasing shadows and that meant they'd all but ran out of steam for the second half. Trent Alexander-Arnold was absolute first class I thought. As well as Milner and Henderson. They're just as devastating as Man City when they're countering. 

Guest seanfox778

The best thing about the 2nd leg is that Liverpool are more than capable of scoring on the counter so in theory, it should be littered with goals. If Liverpool score the 1st goal then Man City need 5! 

11 hours ago, Livid said:

Can't stand either of them to be honest. I was hoping for a dull draw, now we've got to endure plastic Scouse and his all mates plus a national media Klopp love in again. 

Would a negated result and a behind closed doors replay after the trouble beforehand be too much to ask. :rolleyes:

I don't think the effect of having your coach attacked on the way to the game can be under estimated.

I Thought we'd  left all this behind, absolute morons.

Liverpool should have to play their next home European game in an empty stadium.

13 hours ago, the fox said:

Been telling ya all along about Pep. Just because most PL teams are bamboozled by those beautiful passes doesn't mean that he is doing something new. He did the same thing in the German league. he wins the league by January and underperforms in the CL without that prime Barca team and the greats footballer of all time playing for him.

Winning the Premier League by January makes you anything but a fraud

13 hours ago, the fox said:

Been telling ya all along about Pep. Just because most PL teams are bamboozled by those beautiful passes doesn't mean that he is doing something new. He did the same thing in the German league. he wins the league by January and underperforms in the CL without that prime Barca team and the greats footballer of all time playing for him.

you’re very odd 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, notnow john said:

I don't think the effect of having your coach attacked on the way to the game can be under estimated.

I Thought we'd  left all this behind, absolute morons.

Liverpool should have to play their next home European game in an empty stadium.

They'll get away with it though, so there's no point in bothering, same as still double teaming in the turnstyles.

Totally weird game last night. Commentators talking about Man City's dominance in possession and yet they could've played all night and not scored. Have they seriously still not learnt that possession means naff all in the grand scheme of the game.

Really wanted Man City to win because of my bias against Liverpool, but can't argue with that performance, they were brilliant. Got to the score they wanted and shut up shop expertly. White flag was being waved after about 60 minutes.

Interesting to see how many empty seats there will be at the Etihad next week

43 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Totally weird game last night. Commentators talking about Man City's dominance in possession and yet they could've played all night and not scored. Have they seriously still not learnt that possession means naff all in the grand scheme of the game.

Really wanted Man City to win because of my bias against Liverpool, but can't argue with that performance, they were brilliant. Got to the score they wanted and shut up shop expertly. White flag was being waved after about 60 minutes.

Interesting to see how many empty seats there will be at the Etihad next week

They didn't even have a shot on target. Possession is pointless if you're gonna do nothing with it - we proved that when we won the league.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Guardiola's tactics were bizarre tonight to say the least. No Sterling, Gundogan on the right, De Bruyne in a deeper role, Jesus as a lone striker. Not sure what his master plan was but it's fair to see he definitely ****ed it right up. Trying to be a bit too clever perhaps?

reminded me of his errors at our place last season. he played into their hands. very odd

and Liverpool should be made to play their next European fixture behind closed doors. is there any precedent for home fans breaking windows of the opposition team bus before the game ???