Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

Just now, st albans fox said:

reminded me of his errors at our place last season. he played into their hands. very odd

and Liverpool should be made to play their next European fixture behind closed doors. is there any precedent for home fans breaking windows of the opposition team bus before the game ???

No they shouldn't lol

And did any windows even smash? It's all media talk. I saw a video of the players getting off and it looked fine.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No they shouldn't lol

And did any windows even smash? It's all media talk. I saw a video of the players getting off and it looked fine.

suggest you look at some more photos mate. at least one window was smashed. nothing wrong with verbal intimidation but if the players feel their safety is compromised then that's surely unacceptable.  

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Baffling tactics - find it strange that various 'world class' manager still attempt to shoehorn players into unrecognisable positions. Laporte at left back? Gundogan on the wing? 

Man City  I actually think lack a real experienced hand at times in midfield. Which is odd to say when the team includes Silva but he has no great European experience of a two legged tie. At 1-0 down, they needed to settle the game. They also have an over reliance on a single tactic they've been instructed to use. It was clear they fancied Sane against Alexander-Arnold to which the lad defended brilliantly. Was the same against Wigan - where they just kept attempting crosses rather than any Plan B. 

Why bringing up the point about the Liverpool welcoming committee as a kind of defense for Manchester City's showing on the pitch yesterday?

The club bloody well knows what it's like for a Manchester team playing in Liverpool, so that can't have come as a surprise.

The intimidation argument only goes so far.

Personally, I think it's a bad attempt at deflecting the blame away from the players (and the manager).

But Manchester City will have a real go at it in the return fixture, it's the Pep way. No way will he be holding back.

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Why bringing up the point about the Liverpool welcoming committee as a kind of defense for Manchester City's showing on the pitch yesterday?

The club bloody well knows what it's like for a Manchester team playing in Liverpool, so that can't have come as a surprise.

The intimidation argument only goes so far.

Personally, I think it's a bad attempt at deflecting the blame away from the players (and the manager).

But Manchester City will have a real go at it in the return fixture, it's the Pep way. No way will he be holding back.

Several Man City fans have come out saying they weren't bothered in the slightest tbh. It's just something for the media to make drama about. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No they shouldn't lol

The coach was so damaged they had to send for a replacement,but that's the media hyping it up.

Careful you sounding like a scouse apologist.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Winning the Premier League by January makes you anything but a fraud

For the amount of money he invested and failing to deliver in the CL for 2 very huge Clubs isn't something that's normal for a manager how's considered the best by many. He did the same thing in the German league by winning the league early but didn't deliver in the CL and that's why they let him go. Yes, maybe "fraud" is a strong word but to me, it's champions league or bust. He had great teams and failed miserably. It's on him.

Just now, ScouseFox said:

you’re very odd  very 

How so? weren't you one of the people to go on and on about how good man city is? Now they got battered (for the second time this season) by Liverpool.

People kept hyping Man city and Pep up and even made fun of me when I said that man city isn't that great but after they proved me right, I'm the weird one?

I said let us wait and see and people thought I was talking nonsense but look what happened now, He proved me right.

Edited by the fox

Bloody hell imagine winning 20+ trophies as a manager and revolutionising the way modern football is played, but still being called a fraud constantly by some weird Algerian on a Leicester city fan forum. I bet the blokes devo'd 

Edited by Samilktray
  • Like 1

Failed miserably in the CL by going out in the semi finals three years in a row, miserably.

His beloved Mourinho has failed miserably in the CL every year since winning it last with Inter.

42 minutes ago, the fox said:

For the amount of money he invested and failing to deliver in the CL for 2 very huge Clubs isn't something that's normal for a manager how's considered the best by many. He did the same thing in the German league by winning the league early but didn't deliver in the CL and that's why they let him go. Yes, maybe "fraud" is a strong word but to me, it's champions league or bust. He had great teams and failed miserably. It's on him.

You have exceptionally high standards of what Pep should achieve. He's won the Premier League in an exceptionally competitive year, at an absolute canter. You are belittling this achievement as if it is nothing, yet - winning a domestic league is harder than winning the CL as it requires consistency and an exceptionally well set-up and coached team. They've won 27 out of 31 games in an ultra competitive league FFS.

Also, you act as if Man City are the only club to be throwing around large sums of money, it's just not the case, all of the top 6 have done so and yet Man City are miles ahead of them. That's before we get onto Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc etc.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You have exceptionally high standards of what Pep should achieve. He's won the Premier League in an exceptionally competitive year, at an absolute canter. You are belittling this achievement as if it is nothing, yet - winning a domestic league is harder than winning the CL as it requires consistency and an exceptionally well set-up and coached team. They've won 27 out of 31 games in an ultra competitive league.

Also, you act as if Man City are the only club to be throwing around large sums of money, it's just not the case, all of the top 6 have done so and yet Man City are miles ahead of them. That's before we get onto Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc etc.

Well, when people are calling him the best coach in the world and stating this Man city is the best English team they have ever seen and they will win the champions league, how am I the one demanding "too much"? I only want him to prove what people are saying that he can do.

Competitive year? Arsenal and Chelsea are a shitshow, Man United couldn't keep up, Liverpool has/had a bad defense since the start of the season and Spurs are Spurs.

I'm not taking away from his premier league achievement this year but that's not my point. He already proved that he can just run away with the league early in 3 different leagues My point is since he left Barca, he came up short in the CL time and time again.

Now Pep is a genius and changed football with that Barca team but he's yet to prove that he can win the CL when he doesn't have the best side out there. He ran the show in the league because He has the best team out there (i'm not knocking his achievements down, just stating the facts).

He's stiff with his tactics and it's "my way or the highway". he isn't ready to adapt to better teams and wants to play football in his own terms instead of picking his spots and knowing his limits (take Inter vs Barca in the 2010 CL as a reference or just the Bayern vs Real Madrid game).

Look at the last 3 seasons in the PL. The PL teams are just unable to adapt to a new brand of football until it's too late. it took until late January for teams to figure us out and (like Chelsea) we grinded out results and won the league  Claudio in his first season with us won it. Conte in his first season won it. 

I have been watching Pep since he started coaching. He is a genius no doubt about it but it's been what? 10 years? and he's yet to adapt to the same problem he faced. A good defensively disciplined team (a la Atletico Madrid or inter) that refuses to play ball with him and is ok to let him have the ball and just park the bus and hit him on the counter/set piece or a more talented team that controls the midfield. IIRC, when I read some of his book, he went on and on about how valuable it is for a player to have at least 2 open players to pass to. so I'm not that surprised that klopp's  gegenpress sucked the air out of Man city. 

IMO, Real Madrid would've battered this man city team because of one simple thing that Xavi pointed out not too long ago. "Real Madrid kills you by doing nothing". Just go back and watch the Juve game just 2 days ago. unlike most PL teams who act like a hyena in heat against Man City just distracted when they lose the ball and run to just cover the space and overcompensate. Madrid just invites pressure in by letting their FBs play man to man and their midfield playing a high zone defense with the CB or Casimiro spying on the CAM/CF. They make The other teams' CB try a risky pass to the heart of the midfield (never seen Chiellini go up with the ball and try and distribute the ball like that in my life).

Pep this season had a masterclass against Napoli in both games and in my opinion, that was a rare moment which Pep sacrificed his game plan to nullify Napoli's heavy centered FB play. He knows that Liverpool had the fastest Wing duo in the world and a great defensive forward in Firmino and yet he chooses to play a high line and tried to break down Klopp's side and got slapped. He didn't learn from their league game.

I'm not this dumbo who's happened to have an agenda against Pep because now he's in the PL. I've been watching his sides play for 10 Years! I never said that he doesn't play an enjoyable brand of football or he doesn't win leagues. I said that he isn't prepared to change and he came short time and time again in the CL without one of the greatest (if not the greatest) sides in the history of football.

Edited by the fox