Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

On 24/02/2019 at 11:01, Suzie the Fox said:

I quite liked Puel. :( 

I liked him on a human level, funny enough I quite like that he's fairly stoic and terse, I like those qualities. Not sure why people think the manager has to be some sort of clown.

Just a shame he's a pish gaffer and a shite, outdated tactician. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

people need to stop talking about how nice and warm this last week is. it's warm for like 3 hours then back to being bloody freezing. 

For February it's been roasting, I went for a run in shorts and t-shirt at 4pm the other day and was sweating buckets. Yeah it's still cold at night and up till about 9am, then it feels like it's about May weather, without the torrential rain

I'd like to see various rule changes in football. Here are a few:-

1. No substitutions allowed in injury time, or in the last 5 scheduled minutes of either half of a game.

2. Whoever is fouled must take the resulting free kick or penalty (or by that player's substitute, if he goes off).

3. Short corners (i.e. from the corner of the penalty box) if the ball goes behind from the penalty box itself.

4. Throw-ins allowed to be bowled one-handed under-arm or over-arm, like goalkeepers do.

5. No more than 3 players allowed in a defensive wall for a free kick.

6. Two-footed free kicks and penalties to be allowed (like that Ernie Hunt free kick and that Mahrez penalty).

7. Two points for draws in games drawn 3-3, 4-4, and upwards.

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

I'd like to see various rule changes in football. Here are a few:-

1. No substitutions allowed in injury time, or in the last 5 scheduled minutes of either half of a game.

2. Whoever is fouled must take the resulting free kick or penalty (or by that player's substitute, if he goes off).

3. Short corners (i.e. from the corner of the penalty box) if the ball goes behind from the penalty box itself.

4. Throw-ins allowed to be bowled one-handed under-arm or over-arm, like goalkeepers do.

5. No more than 3 players allowed in a defensive wall for a free kick.

6. Two-footed free kicks and penalties to be allowed (like that Ernie Hunt free kick and that Mahrez penalty).

7. Two points for draws in games drawn 3-3, 4-4, and upwards.

Point 7 is a nice idea but would be massively manipulated unfortunately, particularly in Seria A.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1