Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Lampard was quite comfortably a far superior player than either Gerrard or Scholes and from what I remember if you'd have asked everyone back when they were all in their primes, I think pretty much everyone would have agreed.

I have absolutely no idea why he's the least in vogue of the 3 of them these days and everyone raves about what great players Scholes and Gerrard were over Lampard.

Over a course of a season, I reckon Lampard would earn you 15-20 more points than Gerrard or Scholes would and I'd take him in my team ahead of the other 2 any day of the week without a seconds thought.

I think "far" superior is a stretch and does disservice to the other pair but in general I agree, I'd have always taken Lampard over Gerrard as well.

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

gerrard was the best of the three, lampard was not far behind and i wouldn’t take a prime paul scholes in my sunday league team. someone somewhere on twitter or something just suddenly decided as he was announcing his retirement that scholes was the best player of all time despite nobody ever having thought or seen that in the 20 years he played football. 

People jizz over the fact Xavi once said Scholes was the best ever player he played against far too much. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

gerrard was the best of the three, lampard was not far behind and i wouldn’t take a prime paul scholes in my sunday league team. someone somewhere on twitter or something just suddenly decided as he was announcing his retirement that scholes was the best player of all time despite nobody ever having thought or seen that in the 20 years he played football. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

People jizz over the fact Xavi once said Scholes was the best ever player he played against far too much. 

Watch this and then you'll realise that many, many great players other than Xavi thought that Scholes was a genius and the best player they played against (admittedly there's a few of his ex colleagues in there too)

Edited by Izzy

On a similar train - Beckham is really underrated these days. I think people forget just how good he was in his prime these days.

He's definitely the best England player post-Shearer, there were better English players than him of course, but Beckham was one of the very few 00s England players whose England performances actually matched his club performances and didn't woefully underperform at international level.

Again, it seems to be quite in vogue these days to say he was overrated and only cared about his image, when the opposite was true and he was one of the few players who gave his all and would always give 100% in a game and pushed to get the best he could out of his natural talent.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

On a similar train - Beckham is really underrated these days. I think people forget just how good he was in his prime these days.

He's definitely the best England player post-Shearer, there were better English players than him of course, but Beckham was one of the very few 00s England players whose England performances actually matched his club performances and didn't woefully underperform at international level.

Again, it seems to be quite in vogue these days to say he was overrated and only cared about his image, when the opposite was true and he was one of the few players who have his all and would always give 100% in a game and pushed to get the best he could out of his natural talent.

Agreed.

Beckham was the model pro and turned up for England when others didnt.

Also refused to retire from England duty which is commendable, particular as he was dropped then fought his way bsck into the squad.

Most coffee shops chains (in terms of consuming inside them) are quite off-putting at times, with kids mucking about and a too noisy environment to listen effectively to who you're there with.

Prefer buying inside and take out to consume outside.

18 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Most coffee shops chains (in terms of consuming inside them) are quite off-putting at times, with kids mucking about and a too noisy environment to listen effectively to who you're there with.

Prefer buying inside and take out to consume outside.

Yeah, Costa and Starbucks have really offputting atmospheres, not to mention the coffee's crap anyway.  There is one other major coffee chain that's worth visiting though :whistle:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah, Costa and Starbucks have really offputting atmospheres, not to mention the coffee's crap anyway.  There is one other major coffee chain that's worth visiting though :whistle:

But they’re nero than the others 

54 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Coffee shops are full of prets

16 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Despite being a leicester legend Steve Walsh is an absolute melt

Steve Walsh was a major part of a very successful 9 year period for our club.In fact nearly the whole of the nineties.He was Mr Leicester.

However his first 4 years at the club he was utter Jank.If his elbow wasn’t going into an opposing centre forwards face,he would be playing Pleats passing game by launching long balls straight into row z of the old members stand.For that reason I never really got the love in for Steve Walsh.He would definitely struggle in today’s game.Much preferred him when he played up front.

39 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Brendan Rodgers' tenure as manager of Leicester City will be an unmitigated disaster.

Unfortunately, I agree. I hate being negative, it does my own well being no good, but I think we, as a club, are in a really dangerous cycle at the moment and I don’t see a way out. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Unfortunately, I agree. I hate being negative, it does my own well being no good, but I think we, as a club, are in a really dangerous cycle at the moment and I don’t see a way out. 

I really hope I'm wrong, and will be back on here to eat crow and take all the piss taking if I am. But I just don't get why our fans are having a massive circle jerk over BR.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Brendan Rodgers' tenure as manager of Leicester City will be an unmitigated disaster.

Thing is, his reputation and future is on the line here. It's pretty clear to me we're just a stepping stone on his route back to a big job, so he really can't afford to fvck it up otherwise his career is down the pan. I think he'll do an O.K. job but have no doubt he'll jump ship as soon as we have a decent run of results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I feel a lot more positive with Rodgers at the club than when Puel was in charge. 

The football wasn’t good to watch, the atmosphere inside the ground & on social media was toxic, fans were losing interest in attending games. There’s talk of expanding the stadium but with Puel in charge I very much doubt the demand would have been there. 

The owners have shown if own if things aren’t going well they aren’t afraid to sack the manager. Tuesday’s home game against Brighton it seemed their was a real positive atmosphere around the whole place.

• Like 1