Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

I would consider banning all forms of betting . One real positive of this is a way of stopping the utterly shite and unfunny TV ads. 

The fact these companies can spend so much money on these campaigns and still record massive profits many of which avoid UK corp tax shows that gambling is little more than a stupidity tax on all concerned 

• Like 3

The top London teams have a marginal disadvantage due to the amount of derbies they play.

Probably helped us slightly in our title win to be fair, considering we had no local derbies that season (Villa and West Brom dont count).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The top London teams have a marginal disadvantage due to the amount of derbies they play.

Probably helped us slightly in our title win to be fair, considering we had no local derbies that season (Villa and West Brom dont count).

Could you argue it’s actually an advantage as there’s less travel time/staying overnight before games required?

27 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Good point, I still say its the intensity of a derby outweighs the travel time. Just my view.

Surely it depends on your mentality. 

I'd say if you were Chelsea under Mourinho, for example, it's probably a benefit. His teams used to thrive off the us against the world nature of a good battle. I think if you've got a real combative squad it's probably a bonus. 

If you're a limp wristed bunch of ****ing cowards like Spurs or Arsenal it's probably not helpful though. 

9 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I think nowadays, most players don’t give a toss about derbies, it’s just a fan/commentator thing.

There was a study done that revealed that there's a larger amount of cards given so there's definitely more aggression.

46 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Aldi is overrated.

Depends what you mean by overrated.

I thinks it’s an awful shopping ‘experience’ with rude staff, chaotic tills, empty shelves, boxes in the aisles etc. but I still find a weekly shop there significantly cheaper than Tesco’s.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Depends what you mean by overrated.

I thinks it’s an awful shopping ‘experience’ with rude staff, chaotic tills, empty shelves, boxes in the aisles etc. but I still find a weekly shop there significantly cheaper than Tesco’s.

Weird, I had the opposite take on staff, found the checkout lady much friendlier than most other places though that could be because it's a new store and they aren't all sick of working there yet. :D

Now it may have something to do with the items that make up my personal shop but I was underwhelmed compared with, interestingly that you mention them, my local Tesco where I can get baby plum tomatoes at much better value than what the Aldi are offering and where the mushrooms cost no more but are more fresh.  And the Aldi bacon... my god... I didn't realise rashers could be so fragile, I had a job keeping them in one piece putting them into the pan!   Don't get me wrong I'm fine with it all given what I paid at the checkout but it's far from the revelation without compromise I've had people make it out to be.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Weird, I had the opposite take on staff, found the checkout lady much friendlier than most other places though that could be because it's a new store and they aren't all sick of working there yet. :D

Now it may have something to do with the items that make up my personal shop but I was underwhelmed compared with, interestingly that you mention them, my local Tesco where I can get baby plum tomatoes at much better value than what the Aldi are offering and where the mushrooms cost no more but are more fresh.  And the Aldi bacon... my god... I didn't realise rashers could be so fragile, I had a job keeping them in one piece putting them into the pan!   Don't get me wrong I'm fine with it all given what I paid at the checkout but it's far from the revelation without compromise I've had people make it out to be.

The streaky bacon from Aldi is ace tbf. 

Definitely don't go there for fresh fruit/veggies though. I usually go Aldi then nip to the asda across the road to get the fresh stuff. :D

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Mate, he's been here for like two days.

I know, I know... it's nothing he has done in two days.  I have always just found him a bit 'snake oil' that's all

This is the unpopular opinions thread, just my little confession.  I will support him and the club as always, just can't really take to him.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I know, I know... it's nothing he has done in two days.  I have always just found him a bit 'snake oil' that's all

This is the unpopular opinions thread, just my little confession.  I will support him and the club as always, just can't really take to him.

It's only a problem if it clouds your judgement of him, really. One of Puel's biggest problems was shifting the perception of him as a person and manager, even when results were ok.

• Like 2

Lampard was quite comfortably a far superior player than either Gerrard or Scholes and from what I remember if you'd have asked everyone back when they were all in their primes, I think pretty much everyone would have agreed.

I have absolutely no idea why he's the least in vogue of the 3 of them these days and everyone raves about what great players Scholes and Gerrard were over Lampard.

Over a course of a season, I reckon Lampard would earn you 15-20 more points than Gerrard or Scholes would and I'd take him in my team ahead of the other 2 any day of the week without a seconds thought.

Edited by Sampson
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Lampard was quite comfortably a much better player than Gerrard or Scholes and from what I remember if you'd have asked everyone back when they were all in their primes, I think pretty much everyone would have agreed.

I have no idea why he's the least in vogue of the 3 of them these days and everyone raves about what great players Scholes and Gerrard were over Lampard.

Over a course of a season, I reckon Lampard would earn you 15-20 more points than Gerrard or Scholes would and I'd take him in my team ahead of the other 2 any day of the week without a seconds thought.

gerrard was the best of the three, lampard was not far behind and i wouldn’t take a prime paul scholes in my sunday league team. someone somewhere on twitter or something just suddenly decided as he was announcing his retirement that scholes was the best player of all time despite nobody ever having thought or seen that in the 20 years he played football. 

• Like 3