Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

31 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Shamima should be allowed to come home.

Brendan will deliver a top 10 finish.

Brexit will happen regardless

To quote some fat git "two out of three ain't bad"

Top and Rudkin are doing a poor job (possibly Whelan though I don't really know what she is responsible for) and if they worked for someone in a "real" job they'd get sacked.

They hire managers who they feel fail, then they sack them and pay them and their "teams" compensation. How many millions have we paid in compensation over the last 3 years? That's on top of signing players for ridiculous amounts of money who can't even make the squad and increasing the wages of players who couldn't get anywhere near the same salary at another club. If we add up the millions that they have wasted over the last 3 years I reckon that every supporter could watch every game for free for a few years for the same amount.

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Shamima should be allowed to come home.

Brendan will deliver a top 10 finish.

Brexit will happen regardless

But, if she did:

- Who would potentially be willing to employ her, given what did did (despite being a 'teenager' at the time) and her becoming radicalized with beliefs that are against the UK's national interest?

- She would be likely be unable to have a fresh start in the UK, even if she tried to change her name/new identity and disguise herself etc; and, therefore, she'd be considered high-risk in terms of potential death threats etc agaimst her and her family she could live with.

- If she is willing to participate in the government's 'de-radicalisation programme', that shouldn't necessarily mean that her extremist beliefs of the past are fully erased and could potentially be a security threat to the public via her links etc.

Understand that she was young when she fled and has seemed to regret what she went for Syria since that period that she was there for, but can't help but think her return would be massively against the majority of the country's interest.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

34 minutes ago, FIF said:

Top and Rudkin are doing a poor job (possibly Whelan though I don't really know what she is responsible for) and if they worked for someone in a "real" job they'd get sacked.

They hire managers who they feel fail, then they sack them and pay them and their "teams" compensation. How many millions have we paid in compensation over the last 3 years? That's on top of signing players for ridiculous amounts of money who can't even make the squad and increasing the wages of players who couldn't get anywhere near the same salary at another club. If we add up the millions that they have wasted over the last 3 years I reckon that every supporter could watch every game for free for a few years for the same amount.

Sven = failure 

Pearson = success

Ranieri = success

Shakespeare = not given long enough

Puel = failure

Rodgers = ??

5 managers only two I would say haven’t been good enough 1 very early on in their ownership. Harsh to blame Top as well seen as he’s only been making sole decisions for the past few months. Also with Rudkin as dof we have won the league and got to a champions league quarter final. 

I don’t think it’s just Leicester though there’s a whole host of clubs that hire & fire managers regularly, make big signings that flop. Unfortunately with the amount of money clubs get these days from sky they can afford to throw it around. Look at Everton for instance what have they spent £200/300 million in the past 3 seasons had 3 different managers and still no better than what they were before, at least we have got Premier league title & champions league football to show for it. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Why though? 

She's a British citizen, she's born and raised here, she's from Beffnul Green, she's as British as eels, pie and mash. 

If she was disillusioned by life here, that's partly on us. If she was radicalised here, that's partly on us. She's our problem, our responsibility. We should absolutely take her back and deal with the consequences. 

Doesn't mean she should be walking the streets, spitting on war memorials, booing veterans, claiming a full basket of benefits and sponging off the state as per every Daily Mail reader's disproportionately silly fears. 

She should be detained on her return and duly prosecuted and incarcerated in the UK for membership of a banned terrorist organisation. Revoking her citizenship is just revoking ourselves of any responsibility, we helped create the mess in the middle East, we should at very least do our part by picking up our rubbish.

If Donald Trump has only said one sensible thing in the last year, its that ourselves, Germany, etc should take back our ISIS fighters and deal with them accordingly. 

But it would be a ****ing crying shame if we chucked her in a cell and abandoned her to rot and grow increasingly bitter, mind. We should make every attempt to de-radicalise her. She's a bloody child. 

She was a minor when she was seduced by a religious cult, married off to some dirty ****, subjected to statutory rape and squeezed out a couple of kids for the cause. 

If this was a pretty, little, well spoken  white girl (with a tidy publicist) instead of a slightly thick, unfortunate looking brown girl from the world's most easily targeted ethnic group then social media would be up in arms trying to #SaveBegum. 

Instead, social media is in hysterics turning her in to the next Bin Laden. How is it not ****ing tragically sad that this little girl has been brainwashed? 

I mean, aye, maybe she's a complete and total psychopath and there's no way back for her, maybe we'd be best dumping her in a prison for life and forgetting about her, maybe that's how it'd eventually end up but should we not at least try first? 

I said it before, I think in another thread, but I really fail to see how abandoning all hope of reclaiming Shamima Begum actually helps us in the war on terror at all. 

Nobody is saying you have to like her and only an idiot would want you to let her off the hook and walk free but the feverent mob wanting her to be lost forever because of decisions she made at 15? Get in the bin. 

Have to say I was initially against letting her back in but fair's fair it's hard to argue with any of that.

• Like 3

This might be an unpopular opinion in terms of legality rather than how many people actually think it's unpopular, but...

Assisted dying should be not only decriminalised across the entire OECD, but also made much more accessible with anyone who is set on the option and can pass reasonably stringent tests of fitness of mind (if not body) and the agreement of their relatives to help if needed.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1