Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

59 minutes ago, FIF said:

I never understood them. On cold nights they are a godsend.

You’ve been lucky prof ....   one  of ours laid into a pillowcase one morning  and gave it a right good ragging ...    automatic 2 night ban imposed and confined to the wardrobe for 48 hours.   May sound a bit harsh but we’ve not had any trouble from it since.   :thumbup:

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Image result for vegemite

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I never understood them. On cold nights they are a godsend.

22 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You’ve been lucky prof ....   one  of ours laid into a pillowcase one morning  and gave it a right good ragging ...    automatic 2 night ban imposed and confined to the wardrobe for 48 hours.   May sound a bit harsh but we’ve not had any trouble from it since.   :thumbup:

Ho, ho, fvcking ho. 

Everyone’s a comedian. :frusty:

I carry a knife at work everyday, I need it.

I don’t take it out of my pocket when I go to the shops or anywhere else I might go to during work.

To be honest the places I’ve been working lately it’s quite comforting to know I have it tucked away. :ermm:

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Mohamed Salah isn't world-class/in the 'elite' player bracket/a legend of the game.

Facebook has had its best days in the past and is now boring and quite bland.

I don't think the Facebook opinion is that unpopular, tbh. For quite a while it's been filled with nothing but people posting/sharing unfunny memes and sponsored posts/ads cluttering up the (non-chronological) feed. That's despite purging a ton of people from my 'friends' list who I haven't spoken to since school (and have no intention of reconnecting). I only use it nowadays because my run club uses it to organise things, otherwise I would have binned it off long ago.

On 14/03/2019 at 09:49, Xen said:

I don't think the Facebook opinion is that unpopular, tbh. For quite a while it's been filled with nothing but people posting/sharing unfunny memes and sponsored posts/ads cluttering up the (non-chronological) feed. That's despite purging a ton of people from my 'friends' list who I haven't spoken to since school (and have no intention of reconnecting). I only use it nowadays because my run club uses it to organise things, otherwise I would have binned it off long ago.

I’m the same, I binned Facebook for two years but I have had too reinstate my account as my sons motocross events are all arranged through it. It’s irriates the crap out of me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m the same, I binned Facebook for two years but I have had too reinstate my account as my sons motocross events are all arranged through it. It’s irriates the crap out of me. 

Do you have to give your real name/details when you register with Facebook?

I'm in a similar position as you where it would be useful to be able to be in contact with a hiking group that's on there, but that's the extent of any involvement that I want to have.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Do you have to give your real name/details when you register with Facebook?

I'm in a similar position as you where it would be useful to be able to be in contact with a hiking group that's on there, but that's the extent of any involvement that I want to have.

You can be hidden, unsearchable and only add who you want. So I wouldn't be able to find and add you, but you could add me if you wanted, for example. You wouldn't appear on my friends list, so none of my friends would see you. Obviously limits your interactions on there, but that sounds like what you want.

46 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You can be hidden, unsearchable and only add who you want. So I wouldn't be able to find and add you, but you could add me if you wanted, for example. You wouldn't appear on my friends list, so none of my friends would see you. Obviously limits your interactions on there, but that sounds like what you want.

Not exactly.

I don't want to give any personal information to Facebook at all. Could I register as 'Buce' for example?

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

Not exactly.

I don't want to give any personal information to Facebook at all. Could I register as 'Buce' for example?

No idea. Only thing I can suggest is try, you don't have to complete the sign up.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Buce said:

Not exactly.

I used to have a couple of joke accounts where none of the info is real, all I needed was a valid email address.  This was about a decade ago though so may be old information.

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2019 at 22:23, Wymeswold fox said:

Mohamed Salah isn't world-class/in the 'elite' player bracket/a legend of the game.

Facebook has had its best days in the past and is now boring and quite bland.

Every time I watch Liverpool he misses good chances. Always seems like he puts scoring first as well (though with his record I don’t blame him). I think Mane is better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Not exactly.

Yes you can.

I don't really use facebook but "need" it occasionally to access information. My account doesn't have my name or any personal information on it at all.

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

mayonnaise is the most divisive of all the foodstuffs, marmite are chatting shit 

Awful stuff. I hate the way KFC insist on having it on every burger they do, regardless of there being another sauce on the burger too. Mixing sauces is also awful 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

mayonnaise is the most divisive of all the foodstuffs, marmite are chatting shit 

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Awful stuff. I hate the way KFC insist on having it on every burger they do, regardless of there being another sauce on the burger too. Mixing sauces is also awful 

I loathe mayo. I also loathe the way so many places serve it to you as if you should actually have it. 

In fact, I avoid all sauces mainly due to my beard. 

Edited by urban.spaceman