Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Liverpool home pre match thread - Colombian cup R3

Guest seanfox778

Is this going to be a reshuffling of the pack or a rehearsal for the league game next Saturday?

I'd definitely stick Iborra in to get his match practice up and I'd like us to make a real go of this cup, I don't think Liverpool will put anywhere near a full strength team out so great opportunity to samba through to the fourth round :ph34r:

I'm aware I spelt the cup name wrong but it sounds more exotic this way.

I'd like to think that this matters more to us than them. I can see 11 changes for them, I'm hoping for 5-6 for us.

Iborra needs to start, as does the rusty Iheanacho who might be paired with Leo to start. Gray Huth & Hamer likely starters too, possibly Dragovic. But otherwise we should be as strong as we sensibly can be.

Vardy & Mahrez should have the night off!

Guest seanfox778
16 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

The ressies will get a run out.

On both sides.

Are there replays for this? If there are, we'll deffo draw and just keep playing Liverpool again and again...

Otherwise, frustrating loss.

Goes straight to extra time i believe. Like Chelsea last season.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

The ressies will get a run out.

On both sides.

Are there replays for this? If there are, we'll deffo draw and just keep playing Liverpool again and again...

Otherwise, frustrating loss.

Replays are only when it gets to the semis, it goes to extra time and then penalties. 

I'll go rather optimistically with a strong line up give the chap from cov his debut.. I doubt it'll be anything like this but would be interesting.

Jakupovic 

Huth

Dragovic 

Maguire

Albrighton 

Chilwell

Iborra

Thomas 

Ndidi

Okazaki 

Iheanacho 

Should give the competition a good go.

Play some of the first-team's alternative halves, for 45 minutes etc.

Reckon we'll beat these twice, they play similarly to us but the home team will exploit their often poor defence.

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

They did a great job against Sheffield Utd .. why not :D 

Wasn't pretty, but we will probably lose anyway, as it's one of the big boys, we will set up not to lose, can't see him having a go.

They was awful first half in Sheffield, but second half was better, and they need match time if we expect them to step in when needed, and be sharp

7 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Wasn't pretty, but we will probably lose anyway, as it's one of the big boys, we will set up not to lose, can't see him having a go.

They was awful first half in Sheffield, but second half was better, and they need match time if we expect them to step in when needed, and be sharp

And after todays performance ... hey i bet they cant do any worse. :D Just Joking ... Its a shame our next match is v liverpool as really had hopes to get something this season... PL title it wont be ,.. But the Carbou cup... (isnt that a deer? ) there were expectations. 

I have no idea why we wouldn’t go full strength for this. We could be In Europe by February without much effort.

You have to remember Swansea vs Bradford was the final in this a few years ago...

We have no excuse not to go all out for one of the cups this year. 

Archived