Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

My quote function seems to have broken for some reason.

Im not so much a fan of Claude Puel, the football we are witnessing is terrible, the results are terrible, and i feel change is inevitable too.

What i am a fan of is stability and long term building. I liked the fact that Puel brought with him a vision and a style, a plan for the future, but no one has bought into it and its not working. So the change is inevitable.

But i just get a bit fed up of all the Pearson talk.

Im old enough to have gone through the Martin O'Neill years. People moaned back then despite us achieving what was at the time our best Premier League finish, and 2 cup competitions. Lost in the final of the other.

Pearson has won minor trophies. Its just a fact, they are minor trophies. He did nothing that a host of other managers hadnt done.

Please dont misinterpret me, i am VERY thankful he did, and he did an amazing job.

But he holds a cult hero status which means he isnt judged objectively and people arent sensible about the prospect of him being manager again.

Ill give you an example of spin:

Puel takes a team from 17th in the PREMIER league to 9th, and is labelled an idiot and a fraud, and is likely to be sacked.

Pearson takes Southampton, a CHAMPIONSHIP team, from 12th to survival by the skin of their teeth on the final day of the season, and he is labelled a hero and a saviour.

Thats absurd.

So while i do appreciate what he did for Leicester, my honest opinion is that we over state what he did for Leicester, we understate what Ranieri did for Leicester, we understate what O'Neill did for Leicester, i.e. achieve two major trophies, and if you make any sort of point like this, the early 20s brigade will shout you down instantly.

Thats my point of view on it all.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It’s strange that you seem to dislike Pearson so much and discredit the work he did here in two spells yet you seem to be a massive fan of Claude Puel. 

People in their 20’s early 30’s I think really appreciate Pearson as they would have been a bit young to enjoy the O’Neil years then basically from 2004 until 2008 when Pearson took over we were bloody awful. For the first time in a few years he made you proud to be a Leicester fan, he made us competitive at the right end of the table for the first time in years.

Early 30s here, remember watching rooster Russell against Ipswich in my first game at Filbert. Pearson took us so far, he wasn't seen as the future for our premiership development if you remember your thoughts back then correctly. 

"Pearson takes Southampton, a CHAMPIONSHIP team, from 12th to survival by the skin of their teeth on the final day of the season, and he is labelled a hero and a saviour."

They were 18th when he took over (not 12th) one place above us, we went down they didnt

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It’s strange that you seem to dislike Pearson so much and discredit the work he did here in two spells yet you seem to be a massive fan of Claude Puel. 

People in their 20’s early 30’s I think really appreciate Pearson as they would have been a bit young to enjoy the O’Neil years then basically from 2004 until 2008 when Pearson took over we were bloody awful. For the first time in a few years he made you proud to be a Leicester fan, he made us competitive at the right end of the table for the first time in years.

Jesus I put that idiot Donut on ignore, it's depressing to still he is still spouting his drivel. Advise you do the same ;)

• Like 2

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/23/newsstory.southampton

"He took Derby to the 2005 play-off semi-final but resigned that summer to take over at Hearts. His final stop was Southampton in December 2005 but last year's play-off defeat has led to a troubled season at the club, currently 13th in the table. Leon Crouch, their chairman, reluctantly agreed to let him speak with the SFA last week and Burley promptly pointed out that it was a "great honour" to have a potential opportunity to manage his country."

So when George Burley left Southampton they were 13th. My bad i thought they were 12th.

He then won THREE games in his spell as manager. THREE.... vs Leicester, Bristol City, and the final day v Sheffield United.

12 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I enjoyed pretty much every minute of watching us under Pearson. Even the games we didn't win we always looked there or there abouts. We were fitter than everyone else and our legs went to 95+ every game. We weren't flashy and we didn't have massive names but we had unity and only had players who fitted the ethos and wanted to put on the shirt. 

It had its downs but they were FAR outweighed by the good times. 'Minor' trophies ffs. Come on, what a rediculous word to belittle those achievements. There are many teams of our size who've been relegated and have been trying to win those 'Minor' trophies for nearly 20 years to get us back to the PL. 

We had structure, vision, unity. We were organised, fit and didn't suffer fools, either players who didn't fit, the media, etc. 

Nigel performed a ****ing miracle here and we've not looked anything like having even the slightest idea of a plan / vision / direction as we did under him since the PL win.

I felt part of something bigger during his time here. Since then? The PL title was outstanding, but after that it's nothing but total indifference to the absolute shit-show we've been on and off the pitch. 

Well done great post. You have said exactly how I feel about NP and his time at City but have never been able to put in words. He created a club you could love and a TEAM you could identify with and respect. You're right, as a fan you felt part of it. We had something special.

Now, we're just another club in the mix who will eventually fall to our place in the natural pecking order. In 5 years I imagine we'll be mid table Championship if things go on as they have since our title win.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Jesus I put that idiot Donut on ignore, it's depressing to still he is still spouting his drivel. Advise you do the same ;)

It’s time I put him on ignore as well. He comes out with epic amounts of turd. 

• Like 3

Say whst you want but @Donut is right about Pearson. 

Say we got him back and we are languishing 16th by Christmas, who's fault is it then? Dire football, Wes and Matty James still playing for us, having press conference meltdowns etc. 

I say this as someone who is 34 and I remember the 1990s, but Pearson is personally my favourite managers due to what he did here. I actually think the job he did here is vastly underrated by the media and the football world. But the way Pearson has a stranglehold on section of our fanbase is absurd. 

The reason some of us are not super anti Puel is because we want stability and continuity at the club. I'm willing to give most managers more than 7 months before calling for g is head. I fully understand the criticsm of Puel .

For the record, Puel has achieved FAR more as a manager than Pearson could ever dream off yet one is a fraud and the other is Jesus & Mohamed rolled into one.

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Nigel Pearson is obviously the only manager in world football capable of rebuilding a club

Yes he will be the only one who can satisfy those who hark back to the past.  They will never accept there is a better manager  ....who can take us to a better level. 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Yes he will be the only one who can satisfy those who hark back to the past.  They will never accept there is a better manager  ....who can take us to a better level. 

It's quite easy to get behind a proven candidate who has shown he turned the club around twice in the past

• Like 1