Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

4 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I'm firmly of the opinion that had Pearson never been sacked and the title winning season had never happened then he'd still be Leicester manager now, maybe even England manager. We would never have won the league but we would have improved season on season and we would have finished above Burnley this season, he would have turned us into the best of the rest so to speak but I think that is as far as he would've been capable to take us. We would probably have been considering a change to crack the top 6 this summer anyway.

For what it's worth I'm not saying I'd rather we'd have kept Pearson and not won the league, because that ultimately regardless of how we got there was extraordinary and something that we are unlikely to do again in my lifetime.

But that also doesn't mean we should ignore how big a part he played for us in getting to such a position. Pearson has twice taken shocking sides and gradually made them hungry sides that you can be proud of following.

I'm actually embarrassed watching that shit at the weekend. How can a circus like West Ham turn up here and outplay us? I bet they couldn't believe their luck.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm actually embarrassed watching that shit at the weekend. How can a circus like West Ham turn up here and outplay us? I bet they couldn't believe their luck.

Teams probably thought the same thing when we did the great escape and Shakespeare won us some games at the end of the season. I think half the league just stops bothering after 40 points.

• Like 2

He's arguably the most important man to take charge in the club's history. Absolutely love the bloke and I wouldn't be upset to see him back. However I don't think it's the step forward we probably want. God knows he'd clear the dead wood out immediately though. 

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

This thread is mostly a few well known posters having a circle jerk.

Hes the past not the future, even in the absolute shit times like now, we are still achieving more in terms of league position and cup runs, hes already left the club twice, his long time assistant has already been sacked by the club, his last proper job lasted about 2 months, his genius scout is busy blowing Evertons money

The thread is just an opportunity to post pictures of achievements that have since been bettered anyway and wank over past comments he made.

Are you an Ostrich? 

Pesrson should go to Ipswich. Low budget, low expectations, the club need lifting after years of mediocrity. Unlike Derby, Ipswich will not hound him out after 6 months. Derby was a bad gig for Pearson. Ipswich suits him more. It's a low-key club who dont get much media attention and he can do his thing quietly. 

This could be a mutually beneficial relationship for both. Ipswich need revitalizing and Pearson need to get his rep back.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

After the shite we'd had for 10 years, people were moaning at the only man who'd given us the good times in that period. We were playing well generally, just unlucky and naive/not clinical enough at both ends of the pitch.

I hope that jester has never been to the KP again

Edited by dmayne7

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

After the white we'd had for 10 years, people were moaning at the only man who'd given us the good times in that period. We were playing well generally, just unlucky and naive/not clinical enough at both ends of the pitch.

Some say the brown stain left on that day is still on that seat...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Pesrson should go to Ipswich. Low budget, low expectations, the club need lifting after years of mediocrity. Unlike Derby, Ipswich will not hound him out after 6 months. Derby was a bad gig for Pearson. Ipswich suits him more. It's a low-key club who dont get much media attention and he can do his thing quietly. 

This could be a mutually beneficial relationship for both. Ipswich need revitalizing and Pearson need to get his rep back.

He's probably happy enough in Belgium.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

After the shite we'd had for 10 years, people were moaning at the only man who'd given us the good times in that period. We were playing well generally, just unlucky and naive/not clinical enough at both ends of the pitch.

Its OK to complain and moan imo.

But the abuse given by that bloke is completely out of order.

Like you said this is one of our most successful managers and he has to face that sort of abuse? And after all hes done for the club? Actually feel sorry for Nigel after seeing that again.:(

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

people claiming Puel is boring and negative need to remember Pearson picked a back 5 of Simpson Wasilewski Morgan Upson Konchesky

In one FA Cup game against Aston Villa... People may forget that we'd previously beaten Spurs 2-1 away from home in the competition.

Other than that, Wasilewski was subbed in for Upson twice in a run that consisted of matches against:

Arsenal (a) 2-1 loss

Everton a) 2-2 draw

Manchester City (a) 2-0 loss

Hull City (h) 0-0

Tottenham (a) 4-3 loss

Hardly shameful to go 5-4-1 as the newly-promoted team in the Premier League against most of these sides.

Is he really the right person? He comes back, has a half decent season, things go downhill the season after and he turns back into a ****ing fruitloop. Gets sacked and back to square one we are.

We really have been there, done that.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It gets better every time you watch it. Pearson was 100% right in what he said.

People think because they pay for a ticket they have the right to shout obscenities. When they then get a reaction they start shouting, bawling and demanding apologies. 

It's not just the abuse aimed at Pearson from the old man in his seat, there's at least another one of them "entitled matchgoers" who can be seen at ground level, shouting stuff at the manager as he walks off.

I mean, I can somewhat accept people getting wound up by their own players and managers and venting the anger in a heat-of-the-moment situation - but this guy went on rambling for a good minute or so. So he had it coming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It's not just the abuse aimed at Pearson from the old man in his seat, there's at least another one of them "entitled matchgoers" who can be seen at ground level, shouting stuff at the manager as he walks off.

I mean, I can somewhat accept people getting wound up by their own players and managers and venting the anger in a heat-of-the-moment situation - but this guy went on rambling for a good minute or so. So he had it coming.

Nobody should have to receive that sort of abuse by “fans” in the stand. Not just Nigel Pearson i’ll include Claude Puel & anyone else that manages Leicester City in that as well. 

Yes they weren’t / aren’t doing the best of jobs but that doesn’t mean they deserve to be abused verbally by people. 

• Like 2