Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It's quite easy to get behind a proven candidate who has shown he turned the club around twice in the past

Pearson is a good leader. ... and i think he builds teams with hard working players. .... but we need a manager who in more tactical... to  be able to outwit competitors... that sir... with regret is not prearson.... sadly he took us to a level beyond his competance.  I am grateful that he did so...but realistic about what we need next

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Given what feels like a gradual crumbling of the footballing side of the club, I’d love to be waking up to find NP was our DoF rather than Rudkin. Just an early morning thought. 

I've made this suggestion on several threads and believe it to be the best solution. It would put him in the ideal position to resurrect the infrastructure that he originally put in place and which has served us so well, without him being part of the match management. He would also provide the input to the owners on football matters which seems to be sadly lacking at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

As much as i love big nige i dont think he would even get us in 9th place. 

I don't care where we finish.

I just want 100% every game. Money's worth from matches, etc.

I think that's the difference between true supporters and glory supporters.

I would rather we finished 17th with ups and downs and a hard working team than 9th with a half arsed team just doing the minimum.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

I've noticed what Nigel Pearson is to us is what Tony Pulis is to Stoke. Section of their fans also harp on about him constantly.

When you compare what both did you must agree that Pearsons achievements are much greater.

If he came back I would find it funny and get behind him but we need change.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

I've noticed what Nigel Pearson is to us is what Tony Pulis is to Stoke. Section of their fans also harp on about him constantly.

I can't help thinking Stoke would have been better off going back to Tony Pulis too...

13 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

I don't care where we finish.

I just want 100% every game. Money's worth from matches, etc.

I think that's the difference between true supporters and glory supporters.

I would rather we finished 17th with ups and downs and a hard working team than 9th with a half arsed team just doing the minimum.

You say this but if we are 20th in Feb you would be raging.

• Like 2

Pearson was the foundation applying all the donkey work whilst Ranieri basically ticked the balls. It was the perfect combination of managers. Pearson would of never won us the PL neither would of Ranieri without Pearson 

Given what feels like a gradual crumbling of the footballing side of the club, I’d love to be waking up to find NP was our DoF rather than Rudkin. Just an early morning thought. 

I’ve been saying this since he started work for the owners again.

IMO, we need him in some capacity, maybe not manager but he’d do a job for us and put right a lot of what is wrong at the moment.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Also cured HIV and got North Korea and Trump kissing ass 

he is the saviour of the western world :scarf:

and he fought in Vietnam and he's a former Mister Universe, and thought Elvis Presley how to play karate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve been saying this since he started work for the owners again.

IMO, we need him in some capacity, maybe not manager but he’d do a job for us and put right a lot of what is wrong at the moment.

Apologies if I’ve gate-crashed your idea, but I think it’s an interesting one. Nobody will ever draw universal agreement, but I think most of those that didn’t warm

tk him would point to game

management rather than system management. He could give us a sense of direction that seems missing presently and maybe calm troubled waters around player dynamics? Whether any manager would want him in that capacity is another matter, but I can’t help feeling he’d be very good at it. 

• Like 1

Apologies if I’ve gate-crashed your idea, but I think it’s an interesting one. Nobody will ever draw universal agreement, but I think most of those that didn’t warm

tk him would point to game

management rather than system management. He could give us a sense of direction that seems missing presently and maybe calm troubled waters around player dynamics? Whether any manager would want him in that capacity is another matter, but I can’t help feeling he’d be very good at it. 

Not gatecrashing my idea at all, purely on the same wavelength :thumbup: 

The only concern and potential problem I would have and you’ve also pointed it out is that would another manager want him let’s say ‘medelling’, would Pearson want to get abit more involved, who knows. 

At at the end of the day we currently have Rudkin, I can’t see many managers getting on with him but he’s still here...

The fact Rudkin appears to be bullet proof and from what you read from the ‘ITKs’ the owners trust him so much and think the sunshine’s out his backside deems this discussion pointless but it’s and interesting discussion of what could be.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

Just now, NorthfieldsFox said:

His personality surely wouldn’t work 

Based on what do you make that statement?

After all we've heard from fans, players and other club representatives, Pearson off-camera is one of the nicest, funniest guys around and a great motivator.

If people don't want him back as a manager, questioning his tactical ability, then surely there's a position somewhere that'd suit him better.

And Rudkin, despite not being the only one who'll face some serious questions in the weeks to come, probably needs to be challenged to some extent.

Nige would be a great DoF but you would have to get Rudkin out first. His nose is so far up Vichai's arsehole that it simply wont budge.

Only issue is Nige doesnt give a toss about cups or youth. I'd like us to continue giving academy players a chance.

Edited by lgfualol

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Based on what do you make that statement?

After all we've heard from fans, players and other club representatives, Pearson off-camera is one of the nicest, funniest guys around and a great motivator.

If people don't want him back as a manager, questioning his tactical ability, then surely there's a position somewhere that'd suit him better.

And Rudkin, despite not being the only one who'll face some serious questions in the weeks to come, probably needs to be challenged to some extent.

Heard all that about Roy keane as well and I met him and found he was exactly like he was in front of cameras 

Pearson’s days at LCFC are done , we need to move on 

• Like 1

Nigel's military-style discipline while commanding total respect.

Walsh's eye for recruitment unfettered from the responsibilities of being a DoF. Robbie Mac back in a supporting role too.

Shakey's Mr Nice guy balanced with being a very good coach.

Ken Way's Sports Psychology which proved to be critical in the Championship, greatest escape and Title win before inexplicably getting binned off by Claudio.

Matty Reeves back innovating moving the club back to the cutting edge, leading seminars with the likes of Barca in attendance. 

Plus, a tactical genius who can take us beyond the original team's limitations.

Finally, of course, a new DoF. 

CL Winners 19/20, here we come.

Edited by stevelcfc
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

His personality surely wouldn’t work 

I'd love Pearson to be back but this is the worry. As a DoF it won't be long before he's telling Susan Whelan to FOAD or strangling some poor football agent.